When A Real Man Speaks...

smitty

This had nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with Israel's prominence in the region as it's only nuclear and military power. Israel likes Iran under heavy UN sanctions with a stifled economy. The growth of Iran or any other Arab state threatens Israel's US backed dominance of the area. The backing from the US needs to begin to fade away in my opinion. Why should US troops get killed for the Israeli state? 

Does a nuclear Iran threaten the US in any way?...not really..but it does provide a check from Iran on Israeli aggression in the region. 

Just my opinion 

This had nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with Israel's prominence in the region as it's only nuclear and military power. Israel likes Iran under heavy UN sanctions with a stifled economy. The growth of Iran or any other Arab state threatens Israel's US backed dominance of the area. The backing from the US needs to begin to fade away in my opinion. Why should US troops get killed for the Israeli state? 

Does a nuclear Iran threaten the US in any way?...not really..but it does provide a check from Iran on Israeli aggression in the region. 

Just my opinion 

Israli aggression?  You must be a youngster.  Israel has been attacked twice militarily, and both times by multiple Muslim countries.  Both times sneak attacks.  All out assault.  Now, almost daily they're subjected to terrorist missile attacks, suicide bombers, etc.  

Now about the nuclear Iran.  You think Iran having nuclear capabilities is not a threat to U.S.?   Can any of us imagine what would happen if only a dirty bomb was activated in New York?  Wall Street?  But let us say they just want to nuke Israel.  They think they can do it before Israel responds.  Not likely, and if they do respond, I can only imagine how much of the oil rich Middle East will be uninhabitable, how many will die, and what would happen to our Global Economy.   

I'm sure you still disagree, and I'm at a loss to understand your post.  

This is the hidden content, please

can't recommend this book highly enough

Israel's playbook is simple, move into a territory and push the Arabs out, they then claim self defense when attacked on that territory, then use self defense as an excuse to retaliate and take more territory. Israel is king of backing it's enemies into a corner and forcing them to go on the aggressive, so it can then claim that poor little Israel is having to protect itself from it's evil neighbors. Remember, Israel occupied Gaza and West Bank, not the other way around.

Israel is the victim of terror attacks because its enemies can't fight them by traditional means.

Assume for a second that the Hippie's of California drove into Texas and occupied it. Then attempted to push all of the Texans out to Louisiana in the name of "security". Assume that California had an air force, navy, army and Nukes, and we Texans had none of those things..would we all just leave quietly? Or would we find ways to attack the limp wristed hippies with whatever means we had?

before anyone gets a raging intellectual erection..i'm not defending terrorism..the slaughter of the innocent is never permissible or understandable, but there are civilian casualties on both sides of the conflict.

going back to the topic

even if everything you say is true...why is it the responsibility of the US to protect Israel?

When you say their enemies can't fight them conventionally, I have to disagree.  The Israeli Army has just over 200,000 active and reserves.  Iran has 700,000.  And that's just one of the Muslim countries that repeatedly calls for the destruction of Israel, and death to Israelis.  I've never once heard the Israelis calling for death to all Muslims   

Why should we help them?  For one thing, they're the only true democracy in the region.  We have a history of assisting democracies, I assume with the hope that someday all countries will be.  I'll admit it's a pipe dream, but it's still a dream.  And lastly (got a feeling you'll get a kick out of this), the United States was founded on Judeo-Christian values, so, consider us cousins.  And in my part of Texas, if you mess with my family, you mess with me (although at my age, I'd have to whack you with my cane lol). 

THAT has to be the most ignorant statement ever posted on this site.........wow.....talk about being brainwashed........

You should read that book I posted a link to earlier in the threat. I think you'd find it interesting. 

As far as protecting Israel based shared Judeo-Christian Values...maybe somebody can enlighten on this...Jews do no accept Jesus as the son of God...so according to evangelicals they will all burn in a lake of fire and torment and wailing and stubbed toes etc etc....so why again do evangelicals consider them family?

THAT has to be the most ignorant statement ever posted on this site.........wow.....talk about being brainwashed........

Can't figure gh23 out.  That statement made no sense.  Appears to be intelligent, by his grammar/writing (probably better than mine lol).  Then there's the ref to a book on the 6 Day War, obviously written by a far left hater of Israel, or closet Muslim, since it give him/her the impression Israel drew the Muslims into the battle.  I'd just got out of the Army and married.  I remember Israel getting attacked by overwhelming numbers, and driven back.  It was touch and go.  

Can't figure gh23 out.  That statement made no sense.  Appears to be intelligent, by his grammar/writing (probably better than mine lol).  Then there's the ref to a book on the 6 Day War, obviously written by a far left hater of Israel, or closet Muslim, since it give him/her the impression Israel drew the Muslims into the battle.  I'd just got out of the Army and married.  I remember Israel getting attacked by overwhelming numbers, and driven back.  It was touch and go.  

It's written by a historian, I suppose the guy could be a left hater or a muslim. What other history book should I read to get the truth of the matter?

oh hey my bad fellas..got my books mixed up

The book I linked earlier is written by a Jewish historian (you guys would dig it)

it makes the case that the eminent threat from Arab nations to destroy Israel were too much, and Israel's only choice was to go on the offensive, then keep territory they occupied as a "buffer zone" from further attacks

the one linked above makes the case that the Israeli's purposefully over sold the threat to their nation to push the country into war and gain territory

I think the moral here is that there are two sides to every story, and the truth is normally somewhere in the middle. The issue is far more complicated than the 'good guys'  and 'bad guys' and America needs to help the 'good guys'

at any rate..my previous point i'm sticking with....no more foreign wars in that region..no matter what..Afghanistan has been dragging on for 13 years with no possibility of a positive outcome

some things we simply cannot fix....I really don't want my 6 year old son to turn 18 in the middle of another pointless quagmire....this time in Iran

You should read that book I posted a link to earlier in the threat. I think you'd find it interesting. 

As far as protecting Israel based shared Judeo-Christian Values...maybe somebody can enlighten on this...Jews do no accept Jesus as the son of God...so according to evangelicals they will all burn in a lake of fire and torment and wailing and stubbed toes etc etc....so why again do evangelicals consider them family?

I googled the author....HE sounds fairly intelligent on the matter.......you must have read the wrong book.....

oh hey my bad fellas..got my books mixed up

The book I linked earlier is written by a Jewish historian (you guys would dig it)

it makes the case that the eminent threat from Arab nations to destroy Israel were too much, and Israel's only choice was to go on the offensive, then keep territory they occupied as a "buffer zone" from further attacks

the one linked above makes the case that the Israeli's purposefully over sold the threat to their nation to push the country into war and gain territory

I think the moral here is that there are two sides to every story, and the truth is normally somewhere in the middle. The issue is far more complicated than the 'good guys'  and 'bad guys' and America needs to help the 'good guys'

at any rate..my previous point i'm sticking with....no more foreign wars in that region..no matter what..Afghanistan has been dragging on for 13 years with no possibility of a positive outcome

some things we simply cannot fix....I really don't want my 6 year old son to turn 18 in the middle of another pointless quagmire....this time in Iran

well, that answered my previous question........

Not sure about Evangelicals, I'm Catholic.  And, as I'm sure you know, the Israeli's (Jews) are Gods chosen people.  The same Father that Christians pray to, ergo, kinfolk. 

But regardless of all that, there's only a short list of countries that I would advocate us going to war for in there defense (Afghanistan is of our own offensive choice) and Israel is one of them.  Just my opinion, as a veteran, and father of one who served in Desert Storm.