Orangefield @ Newton!!!!

GATA!

Another tough game for Newton , The lack in depth and leadership has shown Last couple of games . The Eagles gotta learn to fight through controversy and not lay down . The last couple of games there been some bad calls and you can see them laydown and then try and blame the loss on cheating . it's not Newton football.

Wind was blowing from the wrong direction....There was an odd number of fans in the stands....Orangefield's jerseys were too orange....ummm, the turkey legs weren't cooked all the way. (just giving a few Newton posters some pre-set excuses in the ungodly event they lose this game. They've already used the refs, lack of home field advantage, and the inability to hold on to the ball so I figured I'd help out with some new ones. Of course if they win, then all is right and well and as it should be in the galaxy)

"Their horn was louder than ours." "We don't even try until the playoffs start." "We're a smaller school." "Our two best players were injured and didn't dress out."  "We had ride a school bus all of the way there and back, when we should have had charter buses."

Just doing my part to keep the purple tradition of making excuses alive AND fresh.  

Wind was blowing from the wrong direction....There was an odd number of fans in the stands....Orangefield's jerseys were too orange....ummm, the turkey legs weren't cooked all the way. (just giving a few Newton posters some pre-set excuses in the ungodly event they lose this game. They've already used the refs, lack of home field advantage, and the inability to hold on to the ball so I figured I'd help out with some new ones. Of course if they win, then all is right and well and as it should be in the galaxy)

"Their horn was louder than ours." "We don't even try until the playoffs start." "We're a smaller school." "Our two best players were injured and didn't dress out."  "We had ride a school bus all of the way there and back, when we should have had charter buses

Edited by GATA!

"Their horn was louder than ours." "We don't even try until the playoffs start." "We're a smaller school." "Our two best players were injured and didn't dress out."  "We had ride a school bus all of the way there and back, when we should have had charter buses."

Just doing my part to keep the purple tradition of making excuses alive AND fresh.  

I was going to leave it alone but this is pretty funny with all that smack your talking. Lol and your blaming the lumberton loss over hotdog eating contest and pep rally's Vs newton fans,refs and turnovers that's hilarious. No hard feelings bro, ...............did you graduate from BC? If so what year?

Edited by GATA!

We will be playing while you and your team are sitting home or bouncing basketballs.  Dont  get carried away with your words. Same goes for kitty backer. I will remember and remind you of your comments later in the season. Crow is cooking.

Edited by Cactus

We will be playing while you and your team are sitting home or bouncing basketballs.  Dont  get carried away with your words. Same goes for kitty backer. I will remember and remind you of your comments later in the season. Crow is cooking.

I understand. Good luck in trouncing those other small schools. Just be happy that your route through the playoffs goes through a bunch of tiny schools, and learn to live with the fact that you can't hang with the bigger schools in your own back yard. Face it. Everybody knows that Newton has a great record against far-flung tiny schools, but in reality y'all are just playing in the JV league come playoff time  when compared with the rest of southeast football. If you like to crow about the wins, then be ready to accept the losses. 

Who blamed Friday on cheating? Newton lost Friday because of 6 turnovers and you can't do that against a good team 

I wasn't , Henderson had more penalties then Newton . Newton didn't get cheated against Henderson they just played bad and keep handing the ball to a RB that couldn't and has never been able to hang on to the football . The kids on the team blamed it on cheating all over Facebook , maybe it cause of the 55 yards in penalties after half on the first possession  or it could some leftover feelings from bridge city game . that was the worst ref game I've ever see in my life .  

I understand. Good luck in trouncing those other small schools. Just be happy that your route through the playoffs goes through a bunch of tiny schools, and learn to live with the fact that you can't hang with the bigger schools in your own back yard. Face it. Everybody knows that Newton has a great record against far-flung tiny schools, but in reality y'all are just playing in the JV league come playoff time  when compared with the rest of southeast football. If you like to crow about the wins, then be ready to accept the losses. 

I have No dog in this fight, but if you are a fan of the Bridge City Cardinals, you have no reason to say anything.

When was the last time Bridge City has been relevent in anything except for Baseball?

While some of the Newton fans do get out of hand on the excuses, they are right about one thing.

They will still be playing deep into November and the Cardinals will be attempting (and not very well) to play basketball

I like it when trash talking becomes a bit out of hand. "Far- flung tiny schools" like Bridge City, Orangefield, Kirbyville and the list could go on and on. And "can't hang with the bigger schools" is great, too. I guess we'll just dig a hole and throw all those state champion trophies in it, so CardinalBacker will be happy. Gee, I really am embarrassed we have those and the semi-finalist and regional and area and bi-district and district crowns. Anyone got a backhoe we can borrow to dig a hole big enough for all these trophies to bury them? Got to make sure champions like CardinalBacker don't steal them and change the name on them.

I understand. Good luck in trouncing those other small schools. Just be happy that your route through the playoffs goes through a bunch of tiny schools, and learn to live with the fact that you can't hang with the bigger schools in your own back yard. Face it. Everybody knows that Newton has a great record against far-flung tiny schools, but in reality y'all are just playing in the JV league come playoff time  when compared with the rest of southeast football. If you like to crow about the wins, then be ready to accept losses

Go ahead cletus! that will teach them there tiny schools 

Can't help who you are in the district with and what level you play in what you can do something about is the preseason schedule and Newton has always played up against bigger schools and held its own against those bigger schools we have won some of those games and lost some but I will say this we have won more of those games than we have lost. 

I think I speak for all of the posters here who appreciate the fine tradition of winning, but Newton also has a fine tradition of WHINING, too.  Newton fan is all to quick to come here and post about how "the only teams that might beat us this year are WOS and Henderson" and how they're going to hang 40 points on everybody that they play.  They are also more than happy to post about how awesome their squad is when they do match up well with a bigger school and earn a win.  However, when Newton comes out on the bottom against a bigger school, HERE COME THE EXCUSES.  The fact of the matter is this.  You're a small school.  You beat most of the other small schools.  You even manage to beat one of your bigger neighbors from time to time.  But in the end, your still just a small school with a bunch of consolation prizes earned in the postseason against opponent who, like Newton, are inferior to their bigger counterparts.  That's why the widdle skools get to play before the big boys do.  

I have No dog in this fight, but if you are a fan of the Bridge City Cardinals, you have no reason to say anything.

When was the last time Bridge City has been relevent in anything except for Baseball?

While some of the Newton fans do get out of hand on the excuses, they are right about one thing.

They will still be playing deep into November and the Cardinals will be attempting (and not very well) to play basketball

Actually, come May ours kids will be graduating and leaving for college while all of Newton's kids will be preparing for a promising future in the pulpwood industry.  

In fact, I have it on good record that the reason Newton lost to BC is because somebody said that Bridge City would be a good test for Newton this fall, but all the Newton players heard was the word "TEST" and gave up

Go polish those 2A trophies, Eagle fan.