Baytown Sterling 38 Brazosport 8/Final

ThirdDay

WE ARE STILL PROUD AND HAPPY FOR OUR TEAM, AND OUR SCHOOL. Wish our entire staff was onboard, since there is someone on campus that is not. 

#exposed#calledout

You miss my point or maybe my sarcasm is lost. I've been on board for over 30 years.  Thick and thin. This team, this school needed wins last year. Wins of any sort. It was awesome to see Sterling moving in the right direction. We started playing other 6a schools(and battled hard) but came up short. Still, we played 4 quarters. Something the Rangers had been known for in yeats past. We still did not accomplish our ultimate goal of making the playoffs.

This year it's time to take the next step. We can celebrate these wins early, but as fans we have to understand the level of competituon. We have won games we should have won. Teams we are supposed to beat. Now it's time to win some games we shouldn't. It's time to beat the West Brooks, Deer Parks  and Port Arthurs.

Like my analogy, we cannot have a flawed feeling of arrival fueled by a fanbase starving for wins. It's a fleeting moment and not the ultimate goal.I refuse to get caught up in the emotions. I want Sterling to return to the power it once was.

We are not there yet. We have a tough district.  Always have. However  I bleed Ranger Blue. I have seen the glory days in Ranger Football  and I would love to see them again.

I have also been here during the down years. The many down years.  I have ALWAYS stuck by MY Rangers and I have ALWAYS supported them on this forum. Many years being the only Ranger fan here.

You can question and disagree with my reasoning and my methods,  but no one can ever question my Ranger Pride. I have also never hid behind my screen name. I LOVE two schools in this district: My school and GCM. Not ashamed of that. 

Proud Ranger, 

Andy Jacobs

RSS Class of 1983

aren't pre district games on a two year home and home cycle?

would be tough to play this schedule last year and somehow not play it again this year.

100% true. Beat the teams on the schedule, but let's not lose sight of what needs to be accomplished. They needed any type of win they could get last year and the schedule was just what they needed. Now, it's time to take the next step in rebuilding. 

Wnning is always better than the alternative. As a fan  and as a parent, we need to celebrate wins but understand the level of competition. That's all I'm saying

I've always been a big "but" guy. They won, but.... Maybe that's my problem. 

damn, didnt know it was that bad there. 

Its not that bad at all. The kids are excited and in the end that's what really matters. I'm just stuck in the 80's man. Stuck in the past. Wanting football to be an event in Baytown. Moving in the right direction. Just need to take the next step.

What would be really awesome is for RSS and GCM to play the last game of the season with a playoff spot on the line. This place would go crazy. I would love for that to happen real soon. For the schools and for this town.

Its not that bad at all. The kids are excited and in the end that's what really matters. I'm just stuck in the 80's man. Stuck in the past. Wanting football to be an event in Baytown. Moving in the right direction. Just need to take the next step.

What would be really awesome is for RSS and GCM to play the last game of the season with a playoff spot on the line. This place would go crazy. I would love for that to happen real soon. For the schools and for this town.

That might happen soon. GCM WILL BE 6A at the next realignment. GCM will not be able to perform as well as Sterling against the North Shores, Deer Parks and Westbrooks. They will be in the same district, GCM will need to get MUCH better in order to play for a playoff spot against anyone after this year.

That might happen soon. GCM WILL BE 6A at the next realignment. GCM will not be able to perform as well as Sterling against the North Shores, Deer Parks and Westbrooks. They will be in the same district, GCM will need to get MUCH better in order to play for a playoff spot against anyone after this year.

If they rezone and balance all 3 high schools, we could all be large 5As. That would be ideal. You are correct.  GCM would struggle in 6A. Both schools would  unless they moved us back into the Pasadena district.