Beaumont Kelly Catholic 13 Hardin-Jefferson 12/Final

drewlsu

no worries.  I just got a report that Valsin (#42) for Kelly had a big game on both sides of the ball.  I was asking because he apparently had not played much before this week because got a late start before the season.  I'm sure that made a big difference for Kelly - I would be surprised if he wasn't the best athlete on the field in that game. 

HJ has some decent backs in the backfield.  But, between botched snaps, handoffs, pitches and while carrying the ball, we must have put it on the ground a dozen times or more.  Lost at least two fumbles.  They also need to cut up the field a little sooner and stay behind their blocker.

Pass defense has a LOT of work to do. 

Their QB seemed to be pressured most of the night, but we would take some bad angles.

Equation for HJ is easy to see. New coach setting up his future team. He is playing (starting) 4 sophomores, his sophomore corner is a good athlete but not ready for this role. This is easily seen as he has been burned for the most part on every long pass play thrown to his side. Another sophomore is starting at middle linebacker (and getting man handled) while several Sr.'s capable of playing this position sit the bench including a Sr. that was all district linebacker last year (wtf). No pass game PERIOD, if I was a defensive coordinator playing against them I would put 10 in the box and dare them to beat me. His sophomore running back looks like he is trying to find a place to fall every time he gets the ball in his hand. Sad state for these Sr.'s as it is always is when a new coach takes over as their final season is a scratch to this new coach building his future team sorry about that boys but it won't get better. HJ may win one game against Liberty this year.

Edited by At Band Camp

Equation for HJ is easy to see. New coach setting up his future team. He is playing (starting) 4 sophomores, his sophomore corner is a good athlete but not ready for this role. This is easily seen as he has been burned for the most part on every long pass play thrown to his side. Another sophomore is starting at middle linebacker (and getting man handled) while several Sr.'s capable of playing this position sit the bench including a Sr. that was all district linebacker last year (wtf). No pass game PERIOD, if I was a defensive coordinator playing against them I would put 10 in the box and dare them to beat me. His sophomore running back looks like he is trying to find a place to fall every time he gets the ball in his hand. Sad state for these Sr.'s as it is always is when a new coach takes over as their final season is a scratch to this new coach building his future team sorry about that boys but it won't get better. HJ may win one game against Liberty this year.

You are right Band Camp it may be a long season. One of the starting corners is my son.  I'm sorry if your kid didn't work hard enough to play his Sr. year and if you call one deep ball every long pass to his side you are correct he sucks. Was that 1 deep pass before or after he was deep for a kickoff or on kick off team, punt return or punt team, fullback, or holding the extra point for field goals? I will tell you this he will continue to work his ass off and believe me, if you know me I will be the first to tell you, if my kid is not one of the best 11 that give this team a chance to win get him off the field. The Hawks are a team and I'm sure them and the coaches have by know means thrown in the towel.  Sloan probably like most coaches has an open door policy why don't you go talk to him?  New coach, new system with two teams in previous years that went back to back 3 rounds deep in the playoffs, if you think for one instance that Coach Sloan is building for the future you are mistaken. He is trying to continue the reputation that has been built over the last few seasons. I'm way harder on my kids than you could ever be and he was taught that nothing in life comes free, YOU HAVE TO EARN IT.  Let me ask you this how many of those Seniors and Juniors that are not starting when one of those sophomores messed up went up to them and said man its ok, you'll live to see another day? That would be a team leader. If they were raised by you to think like you just because of classification you deserve it, probably none. Try being part of the solution and not the problem.

Don't have a kid on the team haven't for a long time, just a fan. But this quote "Was that 1 deep pass before or after he was deep for a kickoff or on kick off team, punt return or punt team, fullback, or holding the extra point for field goals?" pretty much proves my hypothesis that he is building his sophomores for his future team. Sorry if it struck a nerve but it is the truth, I believe it and there are many questions buzzing in the stands by the other fans and parents that are scratching their head. HJ will most likely win one this year against Liberty (maybe), WOS will score at will in the air if that is the best secondary we can put on the field. 

Didn't strike a nerve at all. Just stating a fact that if coach thought someone else should be there then he'll put them there. I can think of several talented sophomores that are on JV including a quarterback who knows they system very well and can throw the ball and a Freshman running back that is a beast. If he was only worried about the future those kids would be playing as well. The throwing game is not what hurt us it is containing the run. Our overall play as a TEAM has to improve not just the play of sophomores which is who you targeted. If you cant see that you're not much of a fan.  A fan watches and sees the whole game not just the play of a few. When you see the few times we had breakaways and kids fell, when you see missed blocks, when you see 8 and sometimes 9 in the box and we have guys coming thru the line untouched to our quarterback who is a phenomenal athlete and he's having to run for his life, those are things a fan sees and that they will improve as a TEAM not just the young'uns. By the way WOS passed for about 400 yards on a Senior and Junior secondary at PNG. One game at a time Band Camp, One game at a time.

I think its great Sloan is playing Sophomores.... He should probably look at some freshmen too... Had Martel done that 5 years ago, he may have faired better.... I would rather have 11 freshmen on the field that want to win rather than 11 seniors that feel "entitled"... When you go 0-10 or 1-9 and tell the kids "I got one spot open here and one spot open there".... Noooo! thats stupid.... If you go 0-10, the next season, every spot on the field should be open....

Didn't strike a nerve at all. Just stating a fact that if coach thought someone else should be there then he'll put them there. I can think of several talented sophomores that are on JV including a quarterback who knows they system very well and can throw the ball and a Freshman running back that is a beast. If he was only worried about the future those kids would be playing as well. The throwing game is not what hurt us it is containing the run. Our overall play as a TEAM has to improve not just the play of sophomores which is who you targeted. If you cant see that you're not much of a fan.  A fan watches and sees the whole game not just the play of a few. When you see the few times we had breakaways and kids fell, when you see missed blocks, when you see 8 and sometimes 9 in the box and we have guys coming thru the line untouched to our quarterback who is a phenomenal athlete and he's having to run for his life, those are things a fan sees and that they will improve as a TEAM not just the young'uns. By the way WOS passed for about 400 yards on a Senior and Junior secondary at PNG. One game at a time Band Camp, One game at a time.

Jack Dallas may throw for 1000. Why would you bring a QB up that can pass to run this offense. I saw the whole game, I saw the whole Jasper game, and I saw the whole Lumberton scrimmage. I will still go by my first post. Sloan gets a pass for this year and he knows it, he is doing what most coaches would do. Dubois did the same thing to the Sr's when he took the team over change of QB, Change of RB's all of them under class men. It is very seldom good news for a Sr. when a new coach takes over.