Obama must be banned!!! Racist offensive!

CraigS

"TV murderer was criticized by bosses for appalling journalistic standards and reprimanded for wearing an Obama badge to report on elections."

This is the hidden content, please

Surely this will be seen as the EXACT same thing as the rebel flag wearer - right?

Obama represents hate and division in this country, everything obama is racist and should not be allowed and is in its own right (same as rebel flag) responsible for the deaths of these two people.

Edited by CraigS

Actually your post most represents the hatred, anger & division many of what "you people" tend to express that has set this country back in race relations.

im mad I lost a bet with a classmate on this, and I dont lose bets often. I had a bet of $20 that someone would link that idiot coward with the President and post it on here before Midnight lastnight. Dang it. There goes my wings for Saturday. 

Actually your post most represents the hatred, anger & division many of what "you people" tend to express that has set this country back in race relations.

not really. What it represents is the stupidity of "you people" in blaming a flag (political pin) rather than the actual people who commit the crime. 

Roof shot those good people because he is a very hateful disturbed individual, not because of the flag someone saw in a pic on FB, or the color of his skin. Likewise, this idiot shot these 2 people because he to was an idiot, not because of a pin someone saw on TV or his skin color.

But you - you jumped all over the flag issue, and call out "you people" when in essence the EXACT same thing is turned around on you.....

not really. What it represents is the stupidity of "you people" in blaming a flag (political pin) rather than the actual people who commit the crime. 

Roof shot those good people because he is a very hateful disturbed individual, not because of the flag someone saw in a pic on FB, or the color of his skin. Likewise, this idiot shot these 2 people because he to was an idiot, not because of a pin someone saw on TV or his skin color.

But you - you jumped all over the flag issue, and call out "you people" when in essence the EXACT same thing is turned around on you.....

What are you talking about dude? He wore a political badge and got reprimanded for it. Whats your point?

A crime of hate? How?

A black man kills two white ppl in revenge over the killings in SC.  That's how it is a crime of hate.  Are you that naive to think it is not a crime of hate?  I guess you are under the assumption that when blacks kill whites it can't be a hate crime.  Who are the racist here?  You ppl or you ppl.

OMG ima just say it some of you have serious problems everything do not have to be political. The thread is very dumb don't even come close to proving any point other than your infatuation with Obama. Look at your post really look at it. Its full with hate and stupidity. 

like I previously said: im mad I lost my bet. 

Nope! No hate at all. It's really out of humor, I posted it to get the exact reaction I got. However, some of "you people" truly cant see it as what it is...only in color (or black and white actually). 

The point is the same, if him wearing a pin (that just happened to be Obama) in a certain situation prior to his hate filled action in no way should be considered as part of WHY he committed the crime, then neither should any other. But that's not what you want to see...the damn pin/flag/red shirt/etc had nothing to do with these peoples actions......

It's like Trump said, "It's not a gun problem, it's a crazy people problem". Well it's not a flag (or pin) problem........it's a crazy people problem.

But since the pin doesn't fit your agendas and the flag did...some of you people jumped right on the ban wagon......

No because if people never killed raped using a Obama pin as a sign of hate as the flag. I said plenty of times I know not everyone with a confederate flag as wrong intention some see it as heritage. with that being said it was still stupid and race biting from you buy like you said that's the reaction you was looking for you could have went gun control. Mental illness issues etc. but you choose this route. 

I hate the confederacy the flag all of it I do not judge anyone if they choose to fly it but as a young black man I won't ever apologize for dis liking something that was you as a sign of fear and hate towards people of color. I wouldn't wear a black fist even though I can call it heritage. It's time to move on.

This may be a little off topic but I have never been a proponent of "hate crimes."  They became the flavor of the month after the Matthew Shepherd, James Byrd, etc. murders.  But to me, all violent crimes have some level of hate.  And they all should be punished accordingly.  Currently, our felonies in Texas (not including "state jail felonies") can bear punishments, depending on the classification, of 2 to 10 years, 2 to 20 years, and some 5 to 99 years (or life).  There is plenty of range in these (which violent offenses are mostly in the latter two categories) to assess punishment based upon a variety of factors, including race-based violence.  To add a "hate crime" to it just adds another element for the prosecution to have to prove and for a defendant to use to try and gain acquittal.

The most ridiculous example I have seen lately is A&M Hoops Coach Billy Kennedy's son being charged in Louisiana for a hate crime for removing a sign from an abortion clinic.  I kid you not.  A hate crime for removing a sign.  I think what he did was wrong, was vandalism, and he should face punishment accordingly.  But a "hate crime?"  C'mon man.

Just my 2 cents and this comes from someone who is way left of most on this board, regardless of ethnicity.

This is the hidden content, please

I agree with those who aren't fans of Hate Crimes.  IMO it's a redundant phrase.  That being said, this fits that description.

I'd like to point out, in this incident, no one has referred to this whacko as a thug.  Disturbed, nut, whacko, they all sound appropriate in this instance.