Beaumont West Brook-Port Neches-Groves Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

Brook o line is huge. That being said, our D line is small.. We need work on the o line and d line if we want to contend for a DC. Secondary held up for the most part. However WB could have shoved it down our throats all night if they really wanted to. Linebackers are our best weapons on D. Ends need work as well as DTs. O line will be a work in progress. I will say Brook was very vanilla, and we ran our offense. We will miss Sparks. Sullivan caught several balls, but Sparks had quicks.... Giblin caught 1 pass and that was against the 2nd team... MCZeal can catch at will no matter 1rst or 2s or 3s... He will need to be fed if we want to win a DC..... All these things I speak of are positives... But for the rah rah section, let's look at trying to win a DC..... I think Brook is a average 6A team, as we are average 5A.  Adam made some good throws and made some bad throws.. A few bad overthrows and the 1 pick... Other than that he was spot on... O line didn't give him much protection.. Defense played well enough to win football games. BF better watch some game film and make the needed adjustments.. Our D tackles are in 4 points with no leverage.. They need to work on there stance in order to get under the on lines pad level, yes folks its that bad with the DTs...... Ends did ok, but need to know they should contain at all times... We do not have the team speed needed to contain sweep... Secondary wasn't tested a lot, but. They appeared to be suitable for district play... Just trying to keep it real.....

Ok good scrimmage, choke on your popcorn lol its just a practice. WB played 1's all of the first and some of second. Png played starters all 3 qts as mentioned. WB offensive line was huge. They would have murdered us had they played a real game .Too much size and numbers. ESSEX took it easy on us think he went 4 for 4 with no effort. We have a lot of work to do folks that is why we should always scrimmage bigger schools. Doesn't do no good if you run over a smaller school that can't play with you. We need a lot of work on offensive line and defensive line. Ready for next week so we can see a regular game. PA Kicking game was subpar. We must get better,overall good learning experience .

BS! It was WB's backups that got the interception to setup the missed fieldgoal. The only starter that was playing at that point was #5. They wanted him to get some work covering PNG's #11 in man coverage. The backups played the 3rd quarter also. Its funny that it was just a glorified practice but you hear all these made up statements.

Brook o line is huge. That being said, our D line is small.. We need work on the o line and d line if we want to contend for a DC. Secondary held up for the most part. However WB could have shoved it down our throats all night if they really wanted to. Linebackers are our best weapons on D. Ends need work as well as DTs. O line will be a work in progress. I will say Brook was very vanilla, and we ran our offense. We will miss Sparks. Sullivan caught several balls, but Sparks had quicks.... Giblin caught 1 pass and that was against the 2nd team... MCZeal can catch at will no matter 1rst or 2s or 3s... He will need to be fed if we want to win a DC..... All these things I speak of are positives... But for the rah rah section, let's look at trying to win a DC..... I think Brook is a average 6A team, as we are average 5A.  Adam made some good throws and made some bad throws.. A few bad overthrows and the 1 pick... Other than that he was spot on... O line didn't give him much protection.. Defense played well enough to win football games. BF better watch some game film and make the needed adjustments.. Our D tackles are in 4 points with no leverage.. They need to work on there stance in order to get under the on lines pad level, yes folks its that bad with the DTs...... Ends did ok, but need to know they should contain at all times... We do not have the team speed needed to contain sweep... Secondary wasn't tested a lot, but. They appeared to be suitable for district play... Just trying to keep it real.....

how did the saxophone section of the band do????????

Edited by fox

BS! It was WB's backups that got the interception to setup the missed fieldgoal. The only starter that was playing at that point was #5. They wanted him to get some work covering PNG's #11 in man coverage. The backups played the 3rd quarter also. Its funny that it was just a glorified practice but you hear all these made up statements.

yup it was just a practice, that is all. Why you getting upset lol. Everyone knows all your bruins did was run the ball, 6 min possessions to start out scrimmage was pretty impressive. We lack the size and depth to go head to head with Brook obviously. I heard we missing a few starters, it wouldn't have mattered lol Funny thing is you coach just up and quit before time expired, I was amused by this move curious as to why. Now that I think about it I think he was a Lil upset.

Lol... I'm not upset at all. As for Coach Flannigan, I don't know what happened. I left after the missed FG attempt. Maybe he wanted to see his backups play PNG's backups and not just get bombed by y'all starters. But that's just an assumption by me. Anyways good luck on the season PNG, I hope you guys do well except when you play Ozen. My nephew plays WR for them. Lol...

My son was the kid who caught the pick. He is in competition for the starting right corner spot w/ #5.  He actually started the game. When he caught the pick, the 2's were in, except for both him and #5.  Giblin TD came vs 2's front 7, but the secondary players that were in is actually the JV starters.  McZeal TD came vs. the 2nd unit, but the kid covering him will be a 3rd stringer once that competition between #5 & #6 play out. McZeal did drop a wide open TD against the 1's on a blown coverage/miscommunication. PNG will be very good this year. Very good test for WB secondary. I watched Giblin dominate early last year and he didn't look 100% to me tonight. They really didn't target him much. Hard to run against WB front 7 but I think they will be just fine running vs most of the 5A teams.  WB ran primarily on the left side to get there 2 new starters some work. The returning starters and most dominant blockers are on the right but they only ran one play behind them all game and that was the 1st TD.

Yea I dont think anyone from PN-G is saying in any way that they are a better team than WB. Have not seen that anywere. Think it was a great scrimmage. Just what the Indians needed. Hopefully the passing attack of PN-G helped WB  get ready for some of the things they will face in the future.

Bottom line is Ned. Coaches are all smiles after seeing this, no D again and soft. 6-0 and looking for a new O

Bottom line. LOL I know one of the Nederland coaches my whole life. All of my life. He isnt saying anything like that. He isnt worried about PN-G at all its to far away. They are focused on Crosby right now.