***BRIDGE CITY COACHING FINALISTS UPDATED 2/9 3 FINALISTS***

I'm glad Coach Matthews is staying in Vidor but he should have got an interview at BC at least. Last time it was his job for the taking.

I guess if he wanted it that bad he should have taken it then.  Again, just because you a hometown guy doesn't mean you should get interviews. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played for Chris Stump last year at the Brook.... he is a great Coach.... he works with the running backs... and if you look at what WB was able to do running the ball last year with those two tremendouse backs.. then you should definately want him on your sideline... He comes from a great Football family and in my oppinion... is the best man for the job....

ok ok...tired of just reading this junk....let me get this straight.....you all think that you are more capable of making a decision on who should be the AD than those in power?  Give me a break....what makes you the authority?  What education do you have?  I graduated from here....have kids that play sports....attend the games....and support our administration.....shame on you!  I think we have the best in the triangle.....would hate to lose our administration over an AD.....

More people on this board have a lot more knowledge of the situation than you do.  Some jobs require certain people to have their identity kept a secret.  Most of the things said about this matter are from EDUCATED people who definately have the knowledge of what should be done here.  There are always some idiots who don't know what they are talking about, but I can tell you of 4 people who responded to this thread know EXACTLY what is going on.  It is not junk for people to discuss their opinions on who will lead their children or the people who will have close contact with the new AD, parents and educators both. 

Stump, Bickham and Bolton were the final 3 that interviewed tonight.  Two of the others declined the 2nd interview for personal reasons, and Bolton was added to the interview list.  Everything happens for a reason.  Maybe by tomorrow we will know who the Board and Dr. Myers is planning to recommend.  Looks like BC will win with any of the 3 finalist.

Guest Sports Cards

I'll start out by saying that I enjoyed my time at Bridge City.  I would still be living there if I would not have been offered a coordinator job.  However, these last few years have made BC look bad.  First they non-renew Claude and Terry, now all of this with trying to replace CT. 

Dr. Myers hasn't been here that long. He's done a great job here, and is a class act. He's working on righting whatever wrongs are at BC, which aren't too many, this is a great school.

Guest Sports Cards

I know it is a good school.  Dr. myers is a good man but this doesn't seem like his decision on the finalist.  I could be wrong because I haven't talked to him.  I just know that the situation is not playing out very positively.

It may not be, I don't know... and we don't know who all the applicants were. All I know is that as a coach here, the three names that they have for final consideration are all three guys that we can get excited about leading us next season. Like I said, i don't know exactly how they got down to the three that they have, but we are pleased with whichever one they chose.

I believe they will announce Monday.

Guest Cardinal12

With these three maybe BC will finally have a coach who can relate with his players and be better involved with the community......Good luck to each of them....  

Why in the world does it take sooooooooo long to hire down there.....Post it for 2 maybe 3 weeks, cull the next and make calls, interview the next Monday, Board meeting to hire on Thursday 4, maybe 5 weeks at the most.......BC is already behind in off-season.....BISD seemed like they did the same thing.......why drag your feet.....get it done so the prgram can move on

Guest licketysplit

ok ok...tired of just reading this junk....let me get this straight.....you all think that you are more capable of making a decision on who should be the AD than those in power?  Give me a break....what makes you the authority?  What education do you have?  I graduated from here....have kids that play sports....attend the games....and support our administration.....shame on you!  I think we have the best in the triangle.....would hate to lose our administration over an AD.....

Look here is the deal.  Yes there are people on here that do know how things are run at a place.  There are people who are WELL informed as to the ongoings of BC and how things SHOULD be run.  So just because you went to BC and your kids go there should not mean you agree or support everything.  IF you were involved in matters that directly affect you......as a person or were involved directly then you could see that BC does have problems with the process and who they hire.  Not all BC admin has a problem, just one in particular who really should just hang it up.  QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY............thats what you want.  Hiring someone should not take 10 years, or pulling teeth to do, and its not like we are trying to keep military secrets from the enemy here.  LETS GET IT DONE, GET IT OVER, but more importantly hire someone of WORTH...............

Does Troy still have a chance since he wasn't in the top 4? Did they decide last night and choose to keep it quiet until next week or are they going to have a special meeting next week to decide?

Wallis and Oden backed out yesterday.  Troy was called in for an interview with the board last night along with Chris and Dwight.  There are only 3 finalists now.  He has a great shot.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298