Cruz Control!

smitty

4 hours ago, REBgp said:

Interesting.  I looked up Super Pacs.  I still don't quite understand.  I thot they were independent of the candidates, now I'm not sure.  I would hope most are on the up & up, for the candidate or the country, but I suspect it's fertile ground for all kind of bs.  

I understood about the Bush to Rubio money.  At least that makes sense.  

I'm still firmly convinced that the RNC & DNC control most of our elected Govt Officials.  Not what the Founding Fathers had in mind.  

Super PACs are supposed to be independent, although as pointed out in a previous post, they often trade staff with the campaigns, employ friends or big financial backers of the candidate, etc.

I'll be fair. Where his campaign is concerned, Cruz has one of the best grassroots operation in the race. He's received more small donations as a proportion of his overall fundraising total than any other GOP candidate. But the truth is the polar opposite with respect to the Super PACs that support him. And you'll notice that in that same metric, Rick Perry places third, and he hasn't been in the race for months.

Here's a friendly word of advice. If you ever want to find out who really makes the tea party movement in the State of Texas work, take a drive around Uptown the next time you're in Dallas. You're bound to run across seven or eight of 'em. The candidates may come from Houston, but the money comes from the Metroplex.

Here's what boggles my mind.  It's been evident to me that Trump was on a roll, so surely the RNC could see it.  Now, if I heard right, they're trying to figure a way to beat him.  My feeble brain tells me it's too late.  They also didn't want Cruz, who's in second.  Knock knock RNC, maybe you need to embrace whoever the voters pick and start consolidating your efforts toward beating Hillary.  And to show y'all how smart I am, I thought there was no way a lying, no class, felon would get the Dem nomination.  My 1970's, 1980's logic is so far out of sync with today's electorate it's pathetic.  I need to charge my Flux Capacitor.   There was a candidate in my youth, Alfred E Neuman.  He could win now as a Democrat. 

10 hours ago, REBgp said:

Here's what boggles my mind.  It's been evident to me that Trump was on a roll, so surely the RNC could see it.  Now, if I heard right, they're trying to figure a way to beat him.  My feeble brain tells me it's too late.  They also didn't want Cruz, who's in second.  Knock knock RNC, maybe you need to embrace whoever the voters pick and start consolidating your efforts toward beating Hillary.  And to show y'all how smart I am, I thought there was no way a lying, no class, felon would get the Dem nomination.  My 1970's, 1980's logic is so far out of sync with today's electorate it's pathetic.  I need to charge my Flux Capacitor.   There was a candidate in my youth, Alfred E Neuman.  He could win now as a Democrat. 

lol...now there's a blast from the past!

What, Me Worry?

1 hour ago, smitty said:

Hummmm...

This is the hidden content, please

Heard part of an interview with who I think was a Republican Congressman, and he was saying that the establishment was so concerned that Trump was going to win that they're almost ready to embrace Cruz.  

And the crowning statement came this morning, from a Fox News lady who described Cruz as "an ultra conservative".  Never thought wanting to enforce the Constitution would get someone labeled an ultra conservative. 

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

Heard part of an interview with who I think was a Republican Congressman, and he was saying that the establishment was so concerned that Trump was going to win that they're almost ready to embrace Cruz.  

And the crowning statement came this morning, from a Fox News lady who described Cruz as "an ultra conservative".  Never thought wanting to enforce the Constitution would get someone labeled an ultra conservative. 

Oh yeah...promoting policies of lower taxes, smaller gov and following the Constitution are considered "radical" by many.

Funny how you never hear the term "ultra-liberal" used by the media.

On 3/7/2016 at 6:26 PM, REBgp said:

Funny how defending the constitution suddenly involves social issues.

1 hour ago, westend1 said:

Funny how defending the constitution suddenly involves social issues.

Not funny at all when a Supreme Court Justice appointed by Hillary will empower that court to overturn the 2nd Amendment and take away our right to own guns. 

On 3/7/2016 at 6:26 PM, REBgp said:

What you heard was correct. Make no mistake, the establishment does not like Ted Cruz, and frankly, they have very, very good reason not to. But Ted Cruz will set the party back a decade whereas Donald Trump will send it down in a blaze so cataclysmic that it will go down in history as the most divisive end to any American political movement, ever. Between those two poisons, the establishment will pick the former.

2 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

What you heard was correct. Make no mistake, the establishment does not like Ted Cruz, and frankly, they have very, very good reason not to. But Ted Cruz will set the party back a decade whereas Donald Trump will send it down in a blaze so cataclysmic that it will go down in history as the most divisive end to any American political movement, ever. Between those two poisons, the establishment will pick the former.

Well I'll cement my reputation for being a conspiracy theorists with this question.  Do any of you think that Trump was encouraged to run by his Democratic friends?

And before any of you write me off as a nut, do a little research on the number of times our Govt has lied to us.  I use to trust them too. 

4 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Well I'll cement my reputation for being a conspiracy theorists with this question.  Do any of you think that Trump was encouraged to run by his Democratic friends?

And before any of you write me off as a nut, do a little research on the number of times our Govt has lied to us.  I use to trust them too. 

Buddy, that's no conspiracy theory.

2 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

That's the same thing they said about Ronald Reagan.