Little Cypress-Mauriceville-Port Neches-Groves Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

We do not look much improved on defense. We have a good linebacker and a good corner. I do think Girourd will turn into a good safety. He has all the intangibles, just needs a little more experience. My main worry is the D line.  Zero push. Film should show this.  I would make those 2 spots a open tryout. Ends looked decent. I think we have enough to contain, with enough speed in the secondary as well. Hughes will be ok as well as Anniboli. Rembert will head the unit up. Coaching staff should be able to make adjustments after watching the film. I do think we will be better in the secondary over last year. Vidrine is a good athlete, he will solidify himself on one corner, Logan will shut down one side. The main issue I seen was the d tackles.. 

Edited by Stattrax

We do not look much improved on defense. We have a good linebacker and a good corner. I do think Girourd will turn into a good safety. He has all the intangibles, just needs a little more experience. My main worry is the D line.  Zero push. Film should show this.  I would make those 2 spots a open tryout. Ends looked decent. I think we have enough to contain, with enough speed in the secondary as well. Hughes will be ok as well as Anniboli. Rembert will head the unit up. Coaching staff should be able to make adjustments after watching the film. I do think we will be better in the secondary over last year. Vidrine is a good athlete, he will solidify himself on one corner, Logan will shut down one side. The main issue I seen was the d tackles.. 

One of our starting DT's, Luke Morris, is injured and did not suit up last night. He will probably be back week one or at the latest week two.

Hauck on the O-Line did not suit up as well!

Edited by hookem14

good insight into the quality of PNG DBs.  You seem to know PNGS well, what is their record excluding Fairclothe 1st year with Burnetts kids, Doty, etc...

You mean WOS who beat PNG in 2012 (worst year in a long time), PNG won in 2013/Lost on 2014 due to some serious home cooking, Ozen who has only beat PNG in 2012 (again extremely down year), and WB who tied PNG in scrimmage last year? All the while PNG hasn't had a D1 athlete since 2007 or 2008. 2014 season had one player go play D3 (pay to play) and yet still finished towards the top even though facing teams with multiple D1 athetes. I think those kids are doing pretty dang good. Just my opinion though

yeah send a receiver across the middle and I promise Mr lejuene will introduce his self 

o

yeah send a receiver across the middle and I promise Mr lejuene will introduce his self 

that

Well, I don't know how I ended up on top of the quote, but down below is exactly what I meant. My expectations aren't high at all, just pointing out what I noticed.  

maybe she's referring to the two times the CB didnt turn around for the ball and the LCM WR caught it, if they would have just turned their heads around a play on the ball could have been made. But that will be fixed cause if you have that problem versus WB WRs they will make you pay and it will probably go for 6, not just a first down. 

So glad to be off nights for the first time in 10 years so I can follow my Indians live and in person again...Deep ball threat looked strong with McZeal and McGough as big targets for Morse.  Everybody was worried about the defense but Rembert strong as ever and Schultz little brother was an impressive addition at OLB along with Anniboli to replace Hughes. I'm so ready for this! 

You mean WOS who beat PNG in 2012 (worst year in a long time), PNG won in 2013/Lost on 2014 due to some serious home cooking, Ozen who has only beat PNG in 2012 (again extremely down year), and WB who tied PNG in scrimmage last year? All the while PNG hasn't had a D1 athlete since 2007 or 2008. 2014 season had one player go play D3 (pay to play) and yet still finished towards the top even though facing teams with multiple D1 athetes. I think those kids are doing pretty dang good. Just my opinion though

LOL! Really? A PNG poster is griping about home cooking? As the oh so great philosopher Keyshawn Johnson would say, Come on man!!! Cant you maybe just see that the better team won those games? You act as if a WOS win is a fluke that only happens on certain PNG "down" years. Nothing against my PNG friends but I have to call someone out that makes a "home cooking" comment. ROFLMAO!

Edited by kicker