Sandra Bland/Waller County

"Unprofessional Conduct" could mean anything ranging from saying inappropriate things to escalating a situation that didn't need to be!

Exactly, we don't know what discipline was for, so why try to correlate with this incident!  I don't understand the outrage shown towards this officer, he did NOT kill this woman.

Exactly, we don't know what discipline was for, so why try to correlate with this incident!  I don't understand the outrage shown towards this officer, he did NOT kill this woman.

She killed herself(evidence says so), but in my humbled opinion that guy was over zealous and escalated the situation.  If he didn't do anything wrong he wouldn't have been reassigned.  This lady suffered from things that should have been discovered in the jail.  Nobody is perfect and she had her issues, but she shouldn't have died in a jail cell.

She killed herself(evidence says so), but in my humbled opinion that guy was over zealous and escalated the situation.  If he didn't do anything wrong he wouldn't have been reassigned.  This lady suffered from things that should have been discovered in the jail.  Nobody is perfect and she had her issues, but she shouldn't have died in a jail cell.

No, she did not have to die in jail.  If she had done what the officer requested to start with, she probably would not have went to jail.  

No, she did not have to die in jail.  If she had done what the officer requested to start with, she probably would not have went to jail.  

If, if, if he had handed her the ticket and said have a nice day ma'am, she wouldn't have died in jail either.  Guess he couldn't take te high road though.  But hey, he's got cushy desk job now.

Try to, but if I were to get pulled over for that, I would conduct myself in a way that would not land me in jail.

That's great, but you probably don't suffer from depression or have any mental issues.  Sometimes there is a bigger picture that some can't seem to grasp, but when some lunatic goes crazy and shoot up a theatre, a school, and a church we are quickly to talk about "mental illness".  Obviously this lady had something going on and that guy with a badge showed a lot of compassion!

Nope, I said do you make it a habit of not doing what an officer asks "when" you get pulled over.  

I don't have any mental illness issues at the time so I do as asked, but everyone isn't quite so fortunate.  See I'll tell you a quick story, I have a son who is Autistic.  Sometimes he goes off for no reason.  It could be the slightest of things.  I pray to god some prick like this guy with a badge doesn't come across my sons path!  Zero compassion and understanding.

That's great, but you probably don't suffer from depression or have any mental issues.  Sometimes there is a bigger picture that some can't seem to grasp, but when some lunatic goes crazy and shoot up a theatre, a school, and a church we are quickly to talk about "mental illness".  Obviously this lady had something going on and that guy with a badge showed a lot of compassion!

How is an officer to determine someone is mentally unstable as soon as he walks to their car door?  Personally, I think the insanity excuse is used way to often in these mass shootings.  I will agree with you on that.

​Yall do realize Bland accused the officer of speeding behind her and she moved over to get out of his way, without using her signal? In other words, the officer created the initial conditions. The officer was upset because the young lady was "uppity." The cigarette thing was just too much for him. He took it too far to begin with. 

"Uppity" is a word that was often used before my time.  Does it mean, rude, disrespectful, argumentative, and combative?