Baltimore in deepish 2

5GallonBucket

I just heard that Baltimore will spend 20 Million to clean up the mess the thugs left behind.  But, here's the kicker;  The mayor, who actually invited some of the destruction, wants me and you, through FEMA, to pay the 20 Million to replenish the money spent.  But, let's not cloud the issue with facts (LOL!): FEMA is for natural disasters -- NOT thuggish disasters!

I just heard that Baltimore will spend 20 Million to clean up the mess the thugs left behind.  But, here's the kicker;  The mayor, who actually invited some of the destruction, wants me and you, through FEMA, to pay the 20 Million to replenish the money spent.  But, let's not cloud the issue with facts (LOL!): FEMA is for natural disasters -- NOT thuggish disasters!

​FEMA…. Lol. I got a few choice words for FEMA

I just heard that Baltimore will spend 20 Million to clean up the mess the thugs left behind.  But, here's the kicker;  The mayor, who actually invited some of the destruction, wants me and you, through FEMA, to pay the 20 Million to replenish the

This is the hidden content, please
spent.  But, let's not cloud the issue with facts (LOL!): FEMA is for natural disasters -- NOT thuggish disasters!

​She is a natural disaster. 

• 1 month later...

@EricaLG: BREAKING: @MayorSRB has fired Police Commissioner Anthony Batts, per a release from her office.

@AP: MORE: Baltimore mayor fires Police Commissioner Anthony Batts; move comes amid spike in homicides:

Appearance of change, gonna take more than that. 

@EricaLG: BREAKING: @MayorSRB has fired Police Commissioner Anthony Batts, per a release from her office.

@AP: MORE: Baltimore mayor fires Police Commissioner Anthony Batts; move comes amid spike in homicides:

​The mayor needs to fire the mayor.

As a line officer that hates internal politics in police work, I love this story of the police chief (they call a commissioner) being terminated. He recently called for forcing officers out and he was going to make officers do their jobs. 

Now the only one that is out is the chief.  

I hope for the officer's sake that someone is hired that will back up the officers. I am not talking about turning a blind eye to corrupt officers but not one that goes on record with what is perceived by officers as a blanket criticism of the officers. 

​I think it is more than appearance. The police chief dictates the way officers act by his direction in policy, discipline and backing. 

Of course this mayor might want a yes man (or woman) and not a real leader but chiefs go a long way in dictating police response and that includes retaliation against him by officers in their response to crimes. If a person wants to be a successful police chief then making 90% of your officers mad is not a good career enhancer. 

Or as a former coworker said to a deputy chief in my department a few years ago, "I was here when you were hired and I will be here when you leave". 

That turned out to be correct by several years............. 

Edited by tvc184