What is the actual story? I always heard the Texarkana police received a tip the morning of the game that led to the Texas High QBs car searched.

That was true. But when you are seen by ppl smoking weed at Rose Hill stuff like that can happen and will happen when you a star athlete. He cost Tx High a state title that year. The legend of Ryan Mallett was born that Friday though, he played ok for a Freshman in his biggest game ever on the HS level. NC just played great D that night. Great game. 

No matter where in Texas you place Aledo, Ennis, Cedar Hill, and Highland Park would always be a 1 school district. Those are small schools. Southlake Carroll is close as well to being small I believe (only 2500).

Allen, DeSoto, and the Plano schools are the only ones who could be broken up into larger schools yet the three planos are academic schools not football ones. But North Shore has 4200 and Katy has 3000. Same as all the cy-fair and woodlands schools. Katy is the only one that wins yet the other have large enrollments. Why don't they win using your logic? One mega school district in Cy-Fair would be 30 thousand students. Katy 18 thousand. Woodlands and Conroe 14 thousand. Humble around the same. Pearland and Alvin just went to two school districts. Fort Bend as well. The districts in DFW are smaller in terms of area served that is why they are one school districts.

Using your logic Friendswood, Galveston, La Porte, La Marque and Stafford all should have won state in the past decade. Why haven't they? Don't say money because Friendswood is as rich as DFW schools. If you include two schools (since you did with Trinity) add North Shore and Alvin to that list.

Friendswood, Galveston, LaPorte etc...are "Small" on the radar. North Shore and Alvin are two HS districts..(Galena Park/North Shore, Manvel/Alvin) Katy is an exception to the rule...they still have their original feed pattern and a system is in play. The other districts don't. All the talent is split up and send to different HS's after Jr high. Kids that were WR's and DB's are now Qb's in Cy-Fair ISD because the pressure is on them to win fast so you take all your studs and put them on offense. You made a great point...The districts in DFW are smaller in area's served, meaning....they keep all of their talent in one spot. As this article points out...."The smaller the district, the better":

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/headlines/20131220-katy-s-football-dynasty-is-nothing-new-but-what-makes-the-suburb-so-unbeatable.ece

Friendswood may be as "Rich" as the DFW schools, but lets get real, Freindswood isn't an area being flooded with College Scouts because of all the talent in the area.

In the last 20 years from DFW Guyer, Trinity, Hebron, North Crowley, Ryan, Mesquite, Garland, Grapevine, Lewisville and Plano won championships. Making a case that "single school" districts are the only schools winning championships is beyond foolish.

Times have changed the last "20" years....decade would be more accurated...Plano hasn't been the same, nor Mesquite North Crowley?....and in that same time period half of the top teams in GHA didnt even exsist 20 years ago. What's foolish is thinging that having a 1-2 HS district isn't an advantage.

Times have changed the last "20" years....decade would be more accurated...Plano hasn't been the same, nor Mesquite North Crowley?....and in that same time period half of the top teams in GHA didnt even exsist 20 years ago. What's foolish is thinging that having a 1-2 HS district isn't an advantage.

You hit it in the screws. This ISN'T 20 years ago. Lots of the top schools in Houston haven't even been open 10 years, much less 20, which is what people east of the Trinity are missing, especially in the bigger classes.

10 years ago there was no Foster, George Ranch or Ridge Point to play in the second round, ALL of which were ranked in the AP top 10 at some point last year. ALL boast multiple high level FBS recruits just like Dawson and Manvel who are less than a decade old. Humble ISD has added Summer Creek, Kingwood Park, AND Atascosita within the last decade also, same for Katy and Cy-Fair ISD.

DFW football vs everyone else can be summed up like this; Joey McGuire who is Cedar Hill's head coach has turned down multiple college job offers. The most recent of which was reported at $375k to coach at Texas. He chose to keep his job at Cedar Hill making well under half of that in the hood. Same for Claude Mathis at DeSoto before he took a job on Morris' staff at SMU. Crosby probably pays their AD something very similar to those guys but we'll be lucky to keep him 5 more years, even if we win a title or two. That's the current state of football in SETX on the bigger levels.

Friendswood, Galveston, LaPorte etc...are "Small" on the radar. North Shore and Alvin are two HS districts..(Galena Park/North Shore, Manvel/Alvin) Katy is an exception to the rule...they still have their original feed pattern and a system is in play. The other districts don't. All the talent is split up and send to different HS's after Jr high. Kids that were WR's and DB's are now Qb's in Cy-Fair ISD because the pressure is on them to win fast so you take all your studs and put them on offense. You made a great point...The districts in DFW are smaller in area's served, meaning....they keep all of their talent in one spot. As this article points out...."The smaller the district, the better":
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/headlines/20131220-katy-s-football-dynasty-is-nothing-new-but-what-makes-the-suburb-so-unbeatable.ece

Friendswood may be as "Rich" as the DFW schools, but lets get real, Freindswood isn't an area being flooded with College Scouts because of all the talent in the area.

they were putting out a ton of d1 5 or 6 years ago. They had back to back qb's go d1. Also had loads of linebackers and lineman go d1. Even put a beat down on one of the best teams I have seen dayton have. I believe they made it to back to back semis only to get beat by one of the most dominate high school programs Texas has ever had. I guess what I'm saying is friendswood has had their share of talent.

You hit it in the screws. This ISN'T 20 years ago. Lots of the top schools in Houston haven't even been open 10 years, much less 20, which is what people east of the Trinity are missing, especially in the bigger classes.

10 years ago there was no Foster, George Ranch or Ridge Point to play in the second round, ALL of which were ranked in the AP top 10 at some point last year. ALL boast multiple high level FBS recruits just like Dawson and Manvel who are less than a decade old. Humble ISD has added Summer Creek, Kingwood Park, AND Atascosita within the last decade also, same for Katy and Cy-Fair ISD.

DFW football vs everyone else can be summed up like this; Joey McGuire who is Cedar Hill's head coach has turned down multiple college job offers. The most recent of which was reported at $375k to coach at Texas. He chose to keep his job at Cedar Hill making well under half of that in the hood. Same for Claude Mathis at DeSoto before he took a job on Morris' staff at SMU. Crosby probably pays their AD something very similar to those guys but we'll be lucky to keep him 5 more years, even if we win a title or two. That's the current state of football in SETX on the bigger levels.

Teams in VYPE's GHA top 20 that didnt exsist 10 years ago:

Cy-Ranch

Manvel

Dawson

Cy-Woods

Clear Springs.

Teams that didnt exsist 20 years ago:

Cinco Ranch

Klein Collins

A few other teams that have made impacts that werent around 20 years ago:

Hightower

Alief Taylor

Seven Lakes

Morton Ranch

Cy-Ridge

Dekaney

College Park

and that's just the 6A division

Marshall

Bush

Ridge Point

Foster

George Ranch

Kingwood Park

Tomball Memorisal

Magnolia West

None of these schools were around 15 years ago.

they were putting out a ton of d1 5 or 6 years ago. They had back to back qb's go d1. Also had loads of linebackers and lineman go d1. Even put a beat down on one of the best teams I have seen dayton have. I believe they made it to back to back semis only to get beat by one of the most dominate high school programs Texas has ever had. I guess what I'm saying is friendswood has had their share of talent.

They have, but no where near the type of talent that's in Desoto, Cedar Hill, etc. Imagine Fort Bend Isd...with ALL the talent there....and instead of having to spilt up all the talent to Hightower, Elkins, Bush, and Marshall....you had a mega school like Allen.

Heck...just look at the talent at Hightower,Willowridge and Marshall alone....combine those schools and your enrollment is STILL smaller than Allens

So, you believe Trinity, Plano ISD schools,  Guyer, Skyline, Lewisville, Coppell, Rockwall, Heath, Hebron, Frisco ISD schools cannot win championships?

Can not or Have? Heck....Cy-Ranch made it to state. The argument is....DFW>GHA with part of the agrument being that DFW has more top level Single HS ISD's. Any team that puts 11 on the field has a CHANCE to win a title...So do I believe the schools you listed CAN win a title? YES....but in recent years how many of the teams you've listed have? Trinity(2 HS district) and I already said early Guyer was the only exception with multiple HS's...and even in THAT district...it's only 3 HS's

In the largest two divisions (5A/6A and 4A/5A) for the last three years there have been four state champions from multi school districts in 12 championship games played. 12 of the 24 teams playing in the championships were from multi school districts. How is this a discussion?

They have, but no where near the type of talent that's in Desoto, Cedar Hill, etc. Imagine Fort Bend Isd...with ALL the talent there....and instead of having to spilt up all the talent to Hightower, Elkins, Bush, and Marshall....you had a mega school like Allen.

Heck...just look at the talent at Hightower,Willowridge and Marshall alone....combine those schools and your enrollment is STILL smaller than Allens

oh I agree enrollment matters I was just making a point that Friendswood has had some serious talent in the last 10 years. What amazes me is NS with all that enrollment and talent has 1 championship which tells me coaching is just as important as talent. Katy with half the enrollment regularly put a beating on NS and has a ton of championships.

In the largest two divisions (5A/6A and 4A/5A) for the last three years there have been four state champions from multi school districts in 12 championship games played. 12 of the 24 teams playing in the championships were from multi school districts. How is this a discussion?

Going over your head I see...Define "Multiple"

Lets see, Last 3 years:

6A: Allen(1 HS) Beat Cy Ranch(10 HS)

Cedar Hill(1 HS) Beat Katy(7 HS)

5A Aledo(1 HS) beat Temple(1 HS)

Ennis(1 HS) beat Cedar Park(5 HS)

6A Allen(1 HS) beat Pearland (2 HS)

5A Denton Guyer(3 HS) beat Brennan(10 HS)

Aledo(1 HS) Brenham(1 HS)

5A Allen(1 HS) beat Lamar (10+ HS)

Katy (7 HS) Beat Cedar Hill (1 HS)

4A Guyer(3 HS) beat Georgetown(2 HS)

So...4 State champions from "Multiple" school districts:

Guyer.....3 HS compared to Katy 7 HS

oh I agree enrollment matters I was just making a point that Friendswood has had some serious talent in the last 10 years. What amazes me is NS with all that enrollment and talent has 1 championship which tells me coaching is just as important as talent. Katy with half the enrollment regularly put a beating on NS and has a ton of championships.

The difference between Katy and North Shore is participation numbers. Allen's enrollment is twice the size of Katy's yet, they only had about 75 more kids in football. North Shore has a huge enrollment, but not many in the football program. If enrollment was everything Plano East would be a state power. True Story, and I will probably out myself to posters that post on other boards lol....I was invited to North Shore HS as a moderator/admin of another board now gone. Me and a few more guys were given a tour and got to watch practices....one of the North Shore coaches then brings up the same convo about Katy and North Shore...he say's when you go to Katy games, you see, babies, old people...people who's kids have gratuated still in the stands....how the kids grow up wanting to play for katy....he then tells us about the misconception of enrollment numbers and how he and other coaches went to a JR High to start a football camp......he told the kids to arrive at GPISD Stadium Saturday morning....he said he got there Saturday and about 85 kids showed up.......50 of them had soccer cleats and shin guards on....they wanted to play "Futbol"

The difference between Katy and North Shore is participation numbers. Allen's enrollment is twice the size of Katy's yet, they only had about 75 more kids in football. North Shore has a huge enrollment, but not many in the football program. If enrollment was everything Plano East would be a state power. True Story, and I will probably out myself to posters that post on other boards lol....I was invited to North Shore HS as a moderator/admin of another board now gone. Me and a few more guys were given a tour and got to watch practices....one of the North Shore coaches then brings up the same convo about Katy and North Shore...he say's when you go to Katy games, you see, babies, old people...people who's kids have gratuated still in the stands....how the kids grow up wanting to play for katy....he then tells us about the misconception of enrollment numbers and how he and other coaches went to a JR High to start a football camp......he told the kids to arrive at GPISD Stadium Saturday morning....he said he got there Saturday and about 85 kids showed up.......50 of them had soccer cleats and shin guards on....they wanted to play "Futbol"

Preach!  I been saying this! 

you should have asked the coach why participation numbers are low and then had him look in the mirror. Grew up in the NS area and have seen more big time talent come through there than any school in this region the last 15 years or so. When you consistently get outcoached kids lose interest. Program and coaching go hand in hand with winning and participation.

Going over your head I see...Define "Multiple"
Lets see, Last 3 years:
6A: Allen(1 HS) Beat Cy Ranch(10 HS)

5A Aledo(1 HS) beat Temple(1 HS)
Ennis(1 HS) beat Cedar Park(5 HS)

6A Allen(1 HS) beat Pearland (2 HS)

5A Denton Guyer(3 HS) beat Brennan(10 HS)
Aledo(1 HS) Brenham(1 HS)

5A Allen(1 HS) beat Lamar (10+ HS)
Katy (7 HS) Beat Cedar Hill (1 HS)

4A Guyer(3 HS) beat Georgetown(2 HS)

So...4 State champions from "Multiple" school districts:
Guyer.....3 HS compared to Katy 7 HS

Out of that list Allen is the only one that could be broken up. All other districts are to small to have multiple high schools because they serve just their town not the surrounding area like Katy and Fort Bend. Frisco does and they are building high school 11. Houston does not have these small town districts which is why there are more multiple HS districts. South Houston does but they still don't win.

Aledo is growing, Cedar Hill is barely 6A, and Denton is building number 4. Trinity does not have 9th graders and their JHs are split with Bell yet they win.

As for numbers DFW have more that are involved. Aledo with 1500 students has 200 playing football with 5 teams. If you include Stephenville with 1000 students they also have 5 teams. That is why DFW is successful.

The Quad County JH league is my base example and has schools offering 3 teams per grade level. Granbury has 2 JHs with 1800 students in the HS still offers 3 teams per grade level for each of their JHs. I know here teams offer two teams. I don't what suburban Houston offers for teams.

What do I mean by "multi-school" districts? I mean- "more than one high school".  What do you mean by "single high school" districts? 1-3 high schools? Single typically means "one", while multiple typically means "more than one"

"Houston does not have these small town districts". Huffman, Cleveland, Dayton, Deer Park, LaPorte, Montgomery, Willis, Manvel, Alvin, Texas City, LaMarque, Sheldon, Friendswood, Mont Belvieu, Stafford, Waller, Splendora, Crosby.

Growth in Houston is the same as all other cities in Texas. Most multi-school districts started out as single school districts just like they do in DFW. Examples of single school districts becoming multi-school districts are: Goose Creek, Conroe, New Caney, Humble, Spring, Aldine, GP, Clear Creek, Pearland, Ft Bend, Lamar, Cy-Fair, Tomball, Katy.

"Houston does not have these small town districts". Huffman, Cleveland, Dayton, Deer Park, LaPorte, Montgomery, Willis, Manvel, Alvin, Texas City, LaMarque, Sheldon, Friendswood, Mont Belvieu, Stafford, Waller, Splendora, Crosby.

Growth in Houston is the same as all other cities in Texas. Most multi-school districts started out as single school districts just like they do in DFW. Examples of single school districts becoming multi-school districts are: Goose Creek, Conroe, New Caney, Humble, Spring, Aldine, GP, Clear Creek, Pearland, Ft Bend, Lamar, Cy-Fair, Tomball, Katy.

I meant at the 6A level. Many of the 1 school districts in DFW don't have room to grow. The ones that do already have multiple schools. Once again Allen is the exception.

5A is different because these schools are on the outskirts. Aledo is planning on eventually having 5 or 6. Argyle, Celina, and Melissa are also growing exponentially.