Best Powerlifting Team

Guest Football

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Football

According to the Rankings posted, this is about how BC, Jasper and PNG match up.. All Three have solid programs this season. They will all be lifting Saturday, So I'm sure a lot of their maxes will go up. Especially BC, since they haven't been to a meet in a month. PNG did beat BC by 1 point at the West Brook meet, but BC's 181 and SHW didn't lift at that meet. These are definitly the strongest 3 "teams" in the area.

WT Class

PNG / BC / Jasper

Tyler Gizzi 655

Devon Oceagura 655

123 Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Jasper - Mike LewisĀ  Ā  720

Jasper - Trevon LimbrickĀ  Ā  Ā 1105

Tim Sharp 1035

Jon Morein 930

Micah EllenderĀ  765Ā  Ā  Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

148 Ā  Ā 

Jasper - David BeckĀ  Ā  Ā 1150

Garrett McNeil 1225Ā  Ā 

Mickey Poirier 1195

Jasper - Xavier MaysĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 1060

Kurt Moerbe 1250

Justin Norman 1375

Kris Wedekind 1355

Josh Wright 1350

Jasper - Trey HornĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā 1205

Josh Cortez 1410

Wally Khan 1220

Jasper - Mike CrowellĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  1200Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Jasper - Raymond Hafford 1370Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Jasper - Marquis JohnsonĀ  Ā  Ā 1350

SHWĀ  Ā Ā  Ā 

Clinton Derouen 1600

Jasper - Jomar CouleyĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 1600

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā  Ā  Lets not forget about Tyson Blythe over in Silsbee. He has missed his 165.5 weigh in the last 2 meets and had to compete in the 181.5 category. He won those both times. He is declaring 165.5 for regionals which he qualified for at his 1st meet. With a 1290 combination from Lumberton that puts hime 4th in the state in 165.5 if he had made his weight. This kid not only is strong, but he is an all around good kid.

Guest Sports Cards

If we are talking about boys and girls vidor is the best

Jeremy Christensen-148-ranked 1st in STATE

Jenifer Hester-114-Ranked 1st in STATE

Alice Raley-198-Ranked 1st in STATE

But, if we are talking about just boys i think i would give it to PNG or Jasper

If it's "team" I'd have to agree with BC, PNG, and Jasper.

BCĀ  is sending 12 lifters and Jasper will be sending 11 to Regionals. Both those schools have a chance of sending anywhere from 3 to 6 to State. That's pretty good for a team. Individually, every school has a hoss or two. But one or two hosses doesn't make a great "team."

Both BC and Jasper have a chance of winning Regionals, but they'd have to knock off the favorite, Palacios, who has 4 dominant lifters, ranked number 1 in their weight classes.

Guest Sports Cards

Ā  Ā  Lets not forget about Tyson Blythe over in Silsbee. He has missed his 165.5 weigh in the last 2 meets and had to compete in the 181.5 category. He won those both times. He is declaring 165.5 for regionals which he qualified for at his 1st meet. With a 1290 combination from Lumberton that puts hime 4th in the state in 165.5 if he had made his weight. This kid not only is strong, but he is an all around good kid.

You may want to check Region 3's website. They have two 165 lifters not on the THSPA board. A kid from Bullard with a 1385 total, and one from Gladwater with a 1310 total. So Tyson's ranked 6th right now... just something to keep in mind while you are training him for State.

http://www.reg3div2.150m.com/div2_results.htm#132

• 2 weeks later...

Having the best team is a vague question. To win at invitationals you must have depth. To win at regionals and state all you have to have is 2 or 3 studs. So is the question who will do the best at state, or who is the best during the invitational season. Because at this point LCM boys and Vidor girls are the best in this area. Although during the season it was Bridge City boys and West Brook Girls. Early it is good to have quantity, late it is good to have quality.

Guest Sports Cards

Having the best team is a vague question. To win at invitationals you must have depth. To win at regionals and state all you have to have is 2 or 3 studs. So is the question who will do the best at state, or who is the best during the invitational season. Because at this point LCM boys and Vidor girls are the best in this area. Although during the season it was Bridge City boys and West Brook Girls. Early it is good to have quantity, late it is good to have quality.

BC's got some quality with their quantity. They will battle it out for the Regional Championship as well. Only problem is that 14 points won't win this one. It'll take over 30pts to beat Palacios and Jasper, meaning BC will need both Quantity and Quality to give them a run for their money.

But they could very easily take 1st in the 198, and 2nd in the 132, 165, 181, 198, 220 and SHW. that's not low quality!

Guest Football

BC's got some quality with their quantity. They will battle it out for the Regional Championship as well. Only problem is that 14 points won't win this one. It'll take over 30pts to beat Palacios and Jasper, meaning BC will need both Quantity and Quality to give them a run for their money.

But they could very easily take 1st in the 198, and 2nd in the 132, 165, 181, 198, 220 and SHW. that's not low quality!

GREAT PREDICTION! Palacios did get exactly 30 points, and BC did get 1st in the 198, and 2nd in the 132, 165, 181, 198, and Shw... their 220 missed his last deadlift or he would have gotten second as well! Excellent win for BC! Probably not enough studs to take home the State Trophy, but you never know at these meets.

• 7 months later...

I would definately go with h-f, we sent 10 people plus two alternates to regionals, we will only loose three lifters to graduation, one of which went to state. we still have our ace card, the one and only calvin johnson, who has now been to state three years in a row with his senior year still ahead of him

basically, WE'RE BAD!

Guest Sports Cards

I would definately go with h-f, we sent 10 people plus two alternates to regionals, we will only loose three lifters to graduation, one of which went to state. we still have our ace card, the one and only calvin johnson, who has now been to state three years in a row with his senior year still ahead of him

basically, WE'RE BAD!

BC sent 12 to Regionals, and won the Regional Championship by 6 pts. They sent 6 to state. They get 6 of their regional lifters and 3 of their state lifters back this season. They also have some good Jr's coming up. BC won't have the depth of last year, but will have a better shot at the State Trophy this season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Kids suffer because they have irresponsible parents who didnā€™t practice birth control. They use abortion for their control.Ā 
    • You have more faith than some other WOS fansšŸ˜‚
    • Go live in a third world country then get back to me about the word ā€œpoorā€ā€¦..you ll have a different perspective. Ā Your right a kid shouldnā€™t suffer for parents decisions, but thatā€™s the world we live in created by those who donā€™t teach responsibility as well as handicapping by giving handouts. Ā Cause and effect. Ā  Now yes there are people who are hit with some tragic unforeseen circumstances who need help to get back on their feet but thatā€™s different then a habitual irresponsible lifestyleĀ  fema is a totally different animal. Ā And itā€™s actually Ā something Iā€™ve never had to deal withā€¦..so I canā€™t really speak on it but I do know itā€™s a govt agency and most govt agencies are poorly ran. Ā Natural disasters have been part of this earth for a long timeā€¦.way before fema came along and people have managed. said kids get taught by said parents that the govt owes them for their circumstances instead of seeing for what it really is and the lesson that should actually be taken from such a lifeā€¦..ā€Iā€™m not going to be like my parent or parentsā€¦.im going to look at others as examples ā€¦..my teachers, my coaches, any aunts or uncles, relatives etc etc that are successfulā€¦..Iā€™m going to work hard and smart and make good decisions and what bad decisions I do make Iā€™m going to learn from.ā€ Suffering is a great teacher. Ā This earthly place is temporary and many will suffer even the righteous and even children. Life on earth is not fairā€¦.its not a new concept. The good ole race card. Ā Iā€™m not surprised. I feel the same way no matter the color. Ā Whites are just as guilty as any other race. Ā Itā€™s not a race issue itā€™s a culture issue. Ā You have allowed color to guide your thought processā€¦..is that what you were taught. how bout you check out the income of many of those politicians you vote for who care so much about kids. Ā They go in as an every day working citizens then come out millionaires off of shady deals, kickbacks and taxpayers backs. They keep promising yā€™all false promises and you keep falling for itā€¦.bidens been doing it for over 40 years. i just wasted time on this reply because you are not hearing any of itā€¦ā€¦..you want handouts with no accountability. .sorry to the posters who wasted their time reading thisā€¦..it got off topic. Ā 
    • Atascocita vs PearlandĀ  Game 1: Thursday, May 16 @ Deer Park, 7:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 17 @ Deer Park, 7:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 18 @ Deer Park, 6:00 PM (If Needed) Ā  Ā  Ā Deer Park vs Clear SpringsĀ  Game 1: Thursday, May 16 @ Crosby, 6:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 17 @ Crosby, 6:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 18 @ Crosby, 1:00 PM (If Needed) Ā  Hardin-Jefferson Vs. Longview Spring HillĀ  Game 1: Thursday, May 16 @ Lufkin Hudson HS, 6:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 17 @ Nacogdoches, 6:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 18 @ Lufkin HS, TBD (If Needed) Ā 
    • And that was in ā€œdeep blueā€ NJ.Ā 
  • Topics