ISIS

Mr. Buddy Garrity

You want to take care of ISIS?  Here is how you do it...TAKE THE HAND-CUFFS OFF ISRAEL! Let them do what they do best which is track down terroist and kill them, because they have the stomach to do what our government will not do; which is the systematic destruction and elimination of radical Muslims.

You want to take care of ISIS?  Here is how you do it...TAKE THE HAND-CUFFS OFF ISRAEL! Let them do what they do best which is track down terroist and kill them, because they have the stomach to do what our government will not do; which is the systematic destruction and elimination of radical Muslims.

​Yes, but turning them lose in Iraq and Syria would make things much worse in the whole region, which is the reason that we didn't let them get involved in the first Gulf War.  You would have had Iran,Saudi,Syria, ,Lebanon (and possibly Egypt) all getting involved and on the opposite side from us.  If we attacked those countries Russia would get involved.

Edited by bigdog

​Yes, but turning them lose in Iraq and Syria would make things much worse in the whole region, which is the reason that we didn't let them get involved in the first Gulf War.  You would have had Iran,Saudi,Syria, ,Lebanon (and possibly Egypt) all getting involved and on the opposite side from us.  If we attacked those countries Russia would get involved.

​seems to me those country's are all equally worried about the existence of IsIs...I think they are about ready to just look the other way!

@cnnbrk: “This will not be quick. This is a long-term campaign,” President Obama says on ISIS fight.

This is the hidden content, please

@cnnbrk: Obama: U.S. will constantly reaffirm through word and deeds that we are not at war with Islam.

@cnnbrk: “This will not be quick. This is a long-term campaign,” President Obama says on ISIS fight.

@cnnbrk: Obama: U.S. will constantly reaffirm through word and deeds that we are not at war with Islam.

So he finally has a plan?   Wow, midway through the 3rd Qtr and he's come up with a plan.  I can't wait to see how this will work out.  

Let me guess - Bomb Pearl Harbour?

Do you people actually think President Obama actually comes up with military strategy? 

He gets a daily brief, and says yes or no to Certain operations and all campaigns. He said yes to the campaign against ISIL, he has nothing to do with it after that. We have generals and Admirals for that.

Not a single person in the military would ever consider letting a President plan any sort of operation or campaign, they don't have the experience, knowledge, or time for it.

Further more, if anyone would look more than one page into the fight against ISIL, you would see that there are very obvious reasons that we are taking our time.

1. They are doing our job in Syria for us. We can let them finish Assad off or we can send in U.S./UN forces and lose our soldiers.

2. Iran is draining resources on this war. Money, equipment, and men. Iran does not have the resources to fight this war, support the Huthis, and continue to enhance its military at the level it has been the last 5 years. Lebanese Hizbollah attacks are also down, they are busy fighting ISIL and the other rebel groups.

3. The region stays destabilized, and eyes are taken off of Israel. Nobody has the time or resources to annoy Israel right now. This is also distracting the world to the impending human rights violations that Israel is likely to receive over the last Gaza skirmish.

Do you people actually think President Obama actually comes up with military strategy? 

He gets a daily brief, and says yes or no to Certain operations and all campaigns. He said yes to the campaign against ISIL, he has nothing to do with it after that. We have generals and Admirals for that.

Not a single person in the military would ever consider letting a President plan any sort of operation or campaign, they don't have the experience, knowledge, or time for it.

Further more, if anyone would look more than one page into the fight against ISIL, you would see that there are very obvious reasons that we are taking our time.

1. They are doing our job in Syria for us. We can let them finish Assad off or we can send in U.S./UN forces and lose our soldiers.

2. Iran is draining resources on this war. Money, equipment, and men. Iran does not have the resources to fight this war, support the Huthis, and continue to enhance its military at the level it has been the last 5 years. Lebanese Hizbollah attacks are also down, they are busy fighting ISIL and the other rebel groups.

3. The region stays destabilized, and eyes are taken off of Israel. Nobody has the time or resources to annoy Israel right now. This is also distracting the world to the impending human rights violations that Israel is likely to receive over the last Gaza skirmish.

​gotta watch it, you speaking to SETX folk. I get what you saying. 

Skins, you make some good points about "wearing each other down", but Obama has admitted he didn't have a plan.  Now our military has contingency plans for fighting everywhere, or anybody.  You can go to the bank on that.  I was never privy to Whitehouse briefings, but I'm sure a plethora of options were given to Obama very early on.  Obviously, he took the "we'll bomb them" option as opposed to "boots on the ground" because he is the Commander-in-Chief.  

When he announced he didn't have a plan, that means the military didn't have a plan he liked.  His choice, but essentially, he over ruled the military. I doubt you'll ever see that acknowledged in print, but I'd bet my $200 I got for passing go, on it.  

I will concede this.  What he's done for whatever reason, may end up for the best.  I've learned of to many things that happened in WWII, that could be construed as Devine Providence.  Maybe that Angel is still on our side.

@CBSNews: ISIS is highly disciplined — execution is punishment for deserting battle, falling asleep on duty, officials say

Wow, these guys run a tight ship.  I'm glad our army wasn't that bad or I might not be here to enlighten yall. Lol

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to annoy Israel.  I hope for the sake of the U.S. that whomever we may have as president does not their backs on her.  Our current one sure seems to want to.  Evidently, there seems to be some ppl that do not know that Israel is home to God's chosen ppl.  There is a reason why little ol' Israel has never lost a war.  Just let Iran start something with them, and Israel will wipe the floor with 'em.  So it would probably be in everyone's interest not to annoy Israel.  As the saying goes, they ain't scared.

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to annoy Israel.  I hope for the sake of the U.S. that whomever we may have as president does not their backs on her.  Our current one sure seems to want to.  Evidently, there seems to be some ppl that do not know that Israel is home to God's chosen ppl.  There is a reason why little ol' Israel has never lost a war.  Just let Iran start something with them, and Israel will wipe the floor with 'em.  So it would probably be in everyone's interest not to annoy Israel.  As the saying goes, they ain't scared.

People want to annoy Israel because they feel Israel was wrongly given their land. In all technicality a large section of Jerusalem is legally considered occupied territory. Israel has been breaking international law by building settlements on occupied territories for years, something that the U.S. continues to sweep under the rug.

Throw that in with the illegal airstrikes, humans rights violations, the Gaza strip situations, and you have a lot of people who don't like them.

Many people like to say the current administration does not have Israel's back, but if that was really true, China and Russia would have the world imposng more sanctions on them than Iran.

People want to annoy Israel because they feel Israel was wrongly given their land. In all technicality a large section of Jerusalem is legally considered occupied territory. Israel has been breaking international law by building settlements on occupied territories for years, something that the U.S. continues to sweep under the rug.

Throw that in with the illegal airstrikes, humans rights violations, the Gaza strip situations, and you have a lot of people who don't like them.

Many people like to say the current administration does not have Israel's back, but if that was really true, China and Russia would have the world imposng more sanctions on them than Iran.

Point out the human right violations they are guilty of...maybe BG can help you...he liked your post.

If I'm not mistaken and I may be,  the current map of Israel is what it was during biblical times.  Moses led God's ppl out of slavery in Egypt to reclaim their land.  So the territory they lay claim to is theirs.  It's funny how ppl want to throw up illegal airstrikes.  They have every right to defend themselves, as they are seemingly having bombs lobbed their way everyday.

If I'm not mistaken and I may be,  the current map of Israel is what it was during biblical times.  Moses led God's ppl out of slavery in Egypt to reclaim their land.  So the territory they lay claim to is theirs.  It's funny how ppl want to throw up illegal airstrikes.  They have every right to defend themselves, as they are seemingly having bombs lobbed their way everyday.

That's all nice and all that, but biblical times mean absolutely nothing to world legal status of territory. And if you think it does then you must agree with China who is using the same excuse to claim the entirety of the South China Sea.

As for the Human Rights issues, just Google it, and you will get all kinds of stuff.

That's all nice and all that, but biblical times mean absolutely nothing to world legal status of territory. And if you think it does then you must agree with China who is using the same excuse to claim the entirety of the South China Sea.

As for the Human Rights issues, just Google it, and you will get all kinds of stuff.

Maybe so, but I will guarantee when the final battle is fought, Israel will be last man standing.