A HUMBLING EXPERIENCE!!!

Mr Davis

I'm bored with this conversation. Simply put, I don't like how coach Forman is able to recruit the area and it be accepted because he promises "scholarship exposure". It's a recruiting tactic that will eventually catch up with him. If high schools are in the practice of recruiting, then we need to give all a chance to offer their best accommodations to the best athletes on the area.

An athletes grades & playmaking ability earns them a Scholarship, Coaches can't get them, but they have an obligation to each and every kid on the Team to get him exposure to Colleges. I didn't say get him/her a Scholarship, I'm saying the Coach should at least help steer the kid in the direction of getting an Education if that's the kids ambition. That is their job & the least they can do
JMO

The coaches should hustle for the kids, but we know that all coaches don't do that. Don't leave it up to them. If you are your child's biggest fan and supporter, then do the same thing you do on Friday night when you been drinking those adult sodas. Run your mouth! Instead of running it to a guy two rows back, run it to the recruiters. They will give honest feedback at clinics. As a parent, I feel it's my job to give my child the best opportunity to get a scholarship. That means ensuring his grades are top notch, making sure he's working hard during the off season, taking him to clinics, etc. When they told me at the clinic my son is good enough to get a scholarship but it won't be a big school like Texas I accepted that and kept pushing him. I always told him to not let anyone outwork him and the coaches routinely confirmed that with me. He got his scholarship despite playing second string to a much hyped player his entire varsity career. That other player who got looked at by all the "big schools" received 0 offers.

Everyone wants to go on stage and feel like a peacock on signing day. I love to see kids from this area signing because I appreciate all the work that they put in to get there. Everyone wants to be rewarded for their hard work.  I always believed that you need to take control of your own future and not leave it to someone else. Leaving your child's future to the coaches (and teachers for that matter) is like giving the government all your money and trusting them to provide you with the things you need to live. Who does that?

Good Stuff 87JAG That Is Why I Stood Out In The Boiling Sun And Light Rains At About 20 Plus Satellite Camps And 3 Combines And Stayed Up Countless Nights And Sent Atleast 8 Rounds Of Film At Different Times To Every FCS And FBS University!!! The Sad Part Is A lot Of Kids Don't Have Parents With The Drive To Court 1000 To Get Only 1!!!! Good Post Bro Good Post!!!

Yeah, Jag but that's the problem. We let these guys off the Hook. I don't put All my trust in Coaches because I trained my Son myself, but there are Parents who entrusted their kids to these people. It's Sad that they can't at least see to it that the kids on their Team has an opportunity at an education if their playing career is over after High School.  And for the record most Recruiters are full of BS also. It's All a part of the game, some get the Rules to the Game too late.

JMO

Bigcam I had to learn about it myself Thank God I had friends who been through it. When my oldest son went through school I didn't know anything and he didn't receive anything. I knew that would never happen again. I agree we should hold the coaches accountable. We have had problems just trying to get film from coaches. HUDL fixes some of that. Now, I talk to EVERY parent I have ties to with high school athletes to pass information about the recruiting process and how to maximize their child's chances.  Single moms are usually the most dependent on the coaches.

Bigcam I had to learn about it myself Thank God I had friends who been through it. When my oldest son went through school I didn't know anything and he didn't receive anything. I knew that would never happen again. I agree we should hold the coaches accountable. We have had problems just trying to get film from coaches. HUDL fixes some of that. Now, I talk to EVERY parent I have ties to with high school athletes to pass information about the recruiting process and how to maximize their child's chances.  Single moms are usually the most dependent on the coaches.

So true, the parents of the athletes you talk with surely will appreciate the advice. 

Good Stuff 87JAG That Is Why I Stood Out In The Boiling Sun And Light Rains At About 20 Plus Satellite Camps And 3 Combines And Stayed Up Countless Nights And Sent Atleast 8 Rounds Of Film At Different Times To Every FCS And FBS University!!! The Sad Part Is A lot Of Kids Don't Have Parents With The Drive To Court 1000 To Get Only 1!!!! Good Post Bro Good Post!!!

I would recommend sending letters to school division who recruit the size and speed of an athlete that the school recruits that fits the mold of a parents child. Most schools have a pattern of what speed and size of a player that they recruit for a particular position. Once you get a smaller fish on the hook, you can then shoot at some of the big ones. I've experienced being recruited and a son as well going through the process. It can be stressful.