Favorite Things About Being in a Deer Stand

bronco1

It not just male bonding.  Once again, I am a girl and I love being in the deer stand and enjoying the nature around me. 

Quite true mac. Women can enjoy the outdoors just as much. They don't normally go back to the deer camp or get on bulletin boards and talk about killing and eating the beautiful sights.

Women go hunting, enjoy the scenery, kill their game and talk about the event and the ambience.

Men go hunting, enjoy the scenery, kill their game and brag about blowing stuff away. Therein lies the male bonding  ;D

I have had the opportunity to see and be apart of many things while sitting in a stand. I saw an eagle pick a fish from the Alabama River, a bobcat stalk a squirrel for 40 minutes and get it, 30 plus coyotes gather for a hunt and sitting in a stand with 8" of snow on the ground where the trees and field blend together. There was no wind and it was the most peaceful moment you could ever think of. I killed my last buck 4 years and I don't think I'll ever take another. But, I will continue to go deer hunting every year. I don't want to miss anything.

I have had the opportunity to see and be apart of many things while sitting in a stand. I saw an eagle pick a fish from the Alabama River, a bobcat stalk a squirrel for 40 minutes and get it, 30 plus coyotes gather for a hunt and sitting in a stand with 8" of snow on the ground where the trees and field blend together. There was no wind and it was the most peaceful moment you could ever think of. I killed my last buck 4 years and I don't think I'll ever take another. But, I will continue to go deer hunting every year. I don't want to miss anything.

Take a camera with a large zoom lens instead of in addition to a rifle. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder