Your thoughts about a pitch clock in baseball?

walldrill

It has always been a rule that the pitcher has 20 seconds from the time he receives the ball to pitch to the batter. Was just an umpire judgment and I have never seen it called. I have seen it called if there was just total stalling by either the batter or pitcher after being ask to pitch or get in the box. 

It has always been a rule that the pitcher has 20 seconds from the time he receives the ball to pitch to the batter. Was just an umpire judgment and I have never seen it called. I have seen it called if there was just total stalling by either the batter or pitcher after being ask to pitch or get in the box.

Exactly, I think this is something the umpires should be able to control.

I've seen this called once, 3rd base coach HAD to have multiple talks with each batter, Billy Davis called for a pitch after twice telling the batter to "get in the box", pitcher didn't deliver beacause batter was not in box, told pitcher to thro the ball to the catcher now. When he did it was called a strike, by the time the batter finally got in the box he had 2 strikes on him, end result 2 coaches were ejected and the batter got a K....

A pitch clock in baseball, to me, takes away from the game.  Of course at the MLB level, it's not a game anymore, it's a business.  That's why you have instant replay beginning to make its way into the game because it HAS to be right to take care of the business!  Let the umpires control it, as long as they can, with the rules that are already in place.  Asking for more regulations in the game does not make sense.  It's like asking the government for more regulations on society.  We've got about all the government we can afford now!!!