Willie Ray Smith Finalists Named

WOSgrad

I don't ever agree with Ozensfinest but, if Demarcus Smith plays the schedule some of these kids played, he'd put up 3500 yards and 50 tds. This award has become a joke!

Demarcus had a great season, but he also had the benefit of two offensive linemen that are signing with Southland Conference schools. He also had one of the best WRs in the state to help. I am not (CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH) saying that Demarcus didn't deserve consideration, but every kid that made the list had good reason. Kendrick King was about 90% of H-F's offense and he did not have a 6A offensive line. And he had a few interceptions on defense.

Demarcus had a great season, but he also had the benefit of two offensive linemen that are signing with Southland Conference schools. He also had one of the best WRs in the state to help. I am not (CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH) saying that Demarcus didn't deserve consideration, but every kid that made the list had good reason. Kendrick King was about 90% of H-F's offense and he did not have a 6A offensive line. And he had a few interceptions on defense.

For debate purposes, if you're going to discount Smith because other members of his team, then King should be discounted for level of play and strength of competition. King ran an offense where he was required to be 90% of the yardage and he ran it against who. Smith put up his stats with a pass happy coach calling plays. IJS...

For debate purposes, if you're going to discount Smith because other members of his team, then King should be discounted for level of play and strength of competition. King ran an offense where he was required to be 90% of the yardage and he ran it against who. Smith put up his stats with a pass happy coach calling plays. IJS...

Yeah we have classifications for a reason could the king kid have done the same on the 5A, 6A level? Highly doubt it

Yeah we have classifications for a reason could the king kid have done the same on the 5A, 6A level? Highly doubt it

Could smith have put up those numbers without his offensive line and star receiver to take heat off of him?? Highly doubt it.

And yeah your right we do have classifications for a reason. It's called student enrollment. Figured you would know that but that's what I get for assuming.

Could smith have put up those numbers without his offensive line and star receiver to take heat off of him?? Highly doubt it.

And yeah your right we do have classifications for a reason. It's called student enrollment. Figured you would know that but that's what I get for assuming.

If Smith played that weak schedule King played, would he have averaged 350 yards a game rushing? YES he would! Come on! You discredit Smith for having other good players on his team but, Odom middle school in BISD would make the playoffs in King's district.

Please king could play anywhere . Put king behind that offensive line of katy and its all over with . Put that kid Arnold from kountze with manvel and watch him dominate . These kids are the same age ,the difference is more numbers and in a lot of cases better coaching . If you can play you can play i dont care !! Im sure a lot of people talked about a certain WOS Player from a 3A school not too long ago have a great career at texas and is about to play in his second super bowl and is the best at his position .He is already on the right track to having a hall of fame career . From a Lil ole 3A school !!

Please king could play anywhere . Put king behind that offensive line of katy and its all over with . Put that kid Arnold from kountze with manvel and watch him dominate . These kids are the same age ,the difference is more numbers and in a lot of cases better coaching . If you can play you can play i dont care !! Im sure a lot of people talked about a certain WOS Player from a 3A school not too long ago have a great career at texas and is about to play in his second super bowl and is the best at his position .He is already on the right track to having a hall of fame career . From a Lil ole 3A school !!

You must be smoking. King benefits greatly from the level of competition. Dude wouldn't even make varsity in Katy. And sorry but King is not on the same planet athleticly as Thomas. Smh...

You must be smoking. King benefits greatly from the level of competition. Dude wouldn't even make varsity in Katy. And sorry but King is not on the same planet athleticly as Thomas. Smh...

How do you know where any given player would or would not make a varsity? And unless I read him wrong I don't think #62jjohnson ever compared Kendrick King to Earl Thomas. He said that players from smaller classifications can succeed.

I never discounted what Smith did, not sure why you want to think that. I said he benefits from depth and an offensive line and a Division I caliber wide receiver. King did not. Opposing teams knew King was the entire offense and he still put up numbers. Not sure why folks have to trash a kid in order to put another one up.

According to the West Brook football site, they ran the ball 384 times and passed it 233 times. Not what I would call pass happy.

How do you know where any given player would or would not make a varsity? And unless I read him wrong I don't think #62jjohnson ever compared Kendrick King to Earl Thomas. He said that players from smaller classifications can succeed.

I never discounted what Smith did, not sure why you want to think that. I said he benefits from depth and an offensive line and a Division I caliber wide receiver. King did not. Opposing teams knew King was the entire offense and he still put up numbers. Not sure why folks have to trash a kid in order to put another one up.

thanks for clearing that up berry he knows i didn't say that , people hear what they want to hear and become ignorant or simply ~ IG-NORE the facts . I use to hear this same argument when i played back in the day , if you can play you can play . My point was plug him into a powerhouse club as a featured back and he would do the same thing infact probably more !! Dont make me pull out players from "small schools " that had good too great college careers and went to the pros and had good careers . I guess the kid from Navasota 4A ( the receiver ) couldnt catch balls from kyler Murray a 6A qb who is what , 5'10 160 ? A very tired argument

How do you know where any given player would or would not make a varsity? And unless I read him wrong I don't think #62jjohnson ever compared Kendrick King to Earl Thomas. He said that players from smaller classifications can succeed.

I'm not putting anyone down! But how can you on one hand say this kid benefits from that but, not do it to the kid you're comparing? Since this is just conversation. Fact is, that level of competition King played against was subpar. He benefited greatly from it. Smith played against more talented competition. That's just stating the obvious! Smith had a monster game against a top 5 ranked 6A Manvel team. King got shutdown by Orangefield. Smh...

thanks for clearing that up berry he knows i didn't say that , people hear what they want to hear and become ignorant or simply ~ IG-NORE the facts . I use to hear this same argument when i played back in the day , if you can play you can play . My point was plug him into a powerhouse club as a featured back and he would do the same thing infact probably more !! Dont make me pull out players from "small schools " that had good too great college careers and went to the pros and had good careers . I guess the kid from Navasota 4A ( the receiver ) couldnt catch balls from kyler Murray a 6A qb who is what , 5'10 160 ? A very tired argument

Dude what does every other player from a small school has to do with a King/Smith comparison? You're talking in circles. I never said anything about small school players. lol @ the ignoring the facts statement. Ignorance is bliss! Lmbo...

Dude what does every other player from a small school has to do with a King/Smith comparison? You're talking in circles. I never said anything about small school players. lol @ the ignoring the facts statement. Ignorance is bliss! Lmbo...

yes ignoring what i said is bliss you keep talking about level of comp, that same ole tired crap about a player that plays at a small school and the level of comp is not as good is a tired argument dude,get over it . That is what you are sayin, Not me. you need too take that up with the people that vote for the WRS award . Its not a 6A award , but as usual you ignored that little tidbit which renders you ignorant . I think smith is a helluva back , but too down another kid cause he got voted a finalist is just childish !! But Kids will be kids .

yes ignoring what i said is bliss you keep talking about level of comp, that same ole tired crap about a player that plays at a small school and the level of comp is not as good is a tired argument dude,get over it . That is what you are sayin, Not me. you need too take that up with the people that vote for the WRS award . Its not a 6A award , but as usual you ignored that little tidbit which renders you ignorant . I think smith is a helluva back , but too down another kid cause he got voted a finalist is just childish !! But Kids will be kids .

What's ignorant is to take a conversation about two players and try to bring in every small school in the state to prove your point. Your argument about King being better or more deserving than Smith is as weak as the feeble brain you used to come up with it. Fact is King played against weaker competition. Post the schedule he played against. So you can bring up every good small school in the world, but unless King played against them, it doesn't matter. We are comparing two players, King and Smith. Now do you see the difference dumb dumb! Again, I have not put the kid down, unless me thinking Demarcus Smith is a better football player and more deserving of the WRS award is putting King down. If that's so, then so be it!