STATS AND BOOKKEEPING

Mr Davis

If I COULD FIX 1 THING IT WOULD BE THE BOOKKEEPING ON THE STATS FROM TEAM TO TEAM!!! I HAVE WATCHED SEVERAL TEAMS BLOGGERS COACHES AND NEWS REPORTERS FABRICATE STATS BECAUSE THERE IS NOT A SYSTEM IN PLACE TO TRULY GUAGE THE STATS!!! I HAVE SEEN A KID GET 3 INT'S IN 1 GAME AND THE NEWS PAPER REPORT THAT HE HAD 2 ALL YEAR. I WATCH A KID THROW 4 PICS IN TWO GAMES AND COACHES SAY THAT HE ONLY HAS 2. I HAVE ASLO WATCHED A KID PLAY JUST 3 QUARTERS OF THE 1ST TWO GAMES AND GET 6 SACKS BUT KNOW ONE KNEW THE CORRECT #. LAST BUT NOT LEAST I RECENTLY WATCHED A REPORTER CUT A RUNNING BACKS CARRIES IN HALF(83c<179c)!!! I COULD CARE LESS BUT THESE KIDS DESERVE BETTER!!! WE ALL ENJOY SEEING THEM LAY IT ON THE LINES EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT AND IT IS TIME TO GET SOMEONE TO ACCURATELY REPORT THE STATS ON A WEEKLY BASIS!!! 

Are you saying they intentionally reduced or added to the stats or are you saying they did not know so they just put something down as opposed to just not having a stat? Ill be honest with you I have been doing some stat research lately for a project and I have found the stats  from several locations and they have all been with in a few yards from each other. 

Do you realize what it takes to keep stats in a game? Come join me next year in the box for two up tempo teams. Not only do the reporters keep stats, we also are tweeting and updating websites on top of answering calls and texts all night. Its not as fun as you think. We don't have instant replay. Sometimes best we can hope for is scoreboard to be right on the yard lines and the best is if another reporter is there to help each other out. Most of us do help each other. Can't speak for the very few who dont keep stats at all and then expect others to hand em out. Im not a good person to ask stats from if.thats the case because chances are the stats i give a freeloader will not be right.
We do best we can man. Games end around 1030 at times and we have stories to file and stats to add up sometimes in under an hour. One game this year i was so far off wasn't funny but alot played into that. Was working from on a bus. Only light was from my cell. No internet service so i was nervous how id get story in. No phone service so couldnt call office. It equaled a terrible story and stats. Beauty of it is, my mistakes didn't change outcome. I chalked it up to bad night and moved on.
So dont go thinking we do things just to skip corners. Its a challenge. Once a mom called the monday after a game and griped me out for 10 mins cause her baby had 145 rushing.and i penned him for only 120. I let her vent before saying "Sorry i cost him that scholarship to USC."

Do you realize what it takes to keep stats in a game? Come join me next year in the box for two up tempo teams. Not only do the reporters keep stats, we also are tweeting and updating websites on top of answering calls and texts all night. Its not as fun as you think. We don't have instant replay. Sometimes best we can hope for is scoreboard to be right on the yard lines and the best is if another reporter is there to help each other out. Most of us do help each other. Can't speak for the very few who dont keep stats at all and then expect others to hand em out. Im not a good person to ask stats from if.thats the case because chances are the stats i give a freeloader will not be right.
We do best we can man. Games end around 1030 at times and we have stories to file and stats to add up sometimes in under an hour. One game this year i was so far off wasn't funny but alot played into that. Was working from on a bus. Only light was from my cell. No internet service so i was nervous how id get story in. No phone service so couldnt call office. It equaled a terrible story and stats. Beauty of it is, my mistakes didn't change outcome. I chalked it up to bad night and moved on.
So dont go thinking we do things just to skip corners. Its a challenge. Once a mom called the monday after a game and griped me out for 10 mins cause her baby had 145 rushing.and i penned him for only 120. I let her vent before saying "Sorry i cost him that scholarship to USC."

USC LOL. Thats why I was asking>

Hey Guys I Did Not Say One Way Are The Other!!! Also, I Did Not Ask For Excuses But Resolve!!! We Get On Here And Other Blogs And Contend That We Are Valid As SETX Football But We Can't Even Get The Stats Right. Let's Come Up With A Solution And Not Make A Mockery Of A Woman Who Is Probably Thinking That The Stat Keeper That's Not Able To Do Their Jobs To The Best Of Their Ability Are The Difference Between Going To College And Not!!! I Just Wanted To Start A Thread That I Thought That Needed Serious Attention!!! If It Is Fine With You That Are In Charge Of This Area Of SETX Football Well It Is Fine With Me!!! By All Means Keep Doing What You Are Doing!!!

I.told that story as a joke only. Problem you will run into is # of teams and number of people able to do the stats. There are official 6a 5a and 4a stats but even there not every coach turns them in each week. And coaches can side with their.players at times. A solution seems very hard to come up with. But i offer my services to try and help.

If I COULD FIX 1 THING IT WOULD BE THE BOOKKEEPING ON THE STATS FROM TEAM TO TEAM!!! I HAVE WATCHED SEVERAL TEAMS BLOGGERS COACHES AND NEWS REPORTERS FABRICATE STATS BECAUSE THERE IS NOT A SYSTEM IN PLACE TO TRULY GUAGE THE STATS!!! I HAVE SEEN A KID GET 3 INT'S IN 1 GAME AND THE NEWS PAPER REPORT THAT HE HAD 2 ALL YEAR. I WATCH A KID THROW 4 PICS IN TWO GAMES AND COACHES SAY THAT HE ONLY HAS 2. I HAVE ASLO WATCHED A KID PLAY JUST 3 QUARTERS OF THE 1ST TWO GAMES AND GET 6 SACKS BUT KNOW ONE KNEW THE CORRECT #. LAST BUT NOT LEAST I RECENTLY WATCHED A REPORTER CUT A RUNNING BACKS CARRIES IN HALF(83c<179c)!!! I COULD CARE LESS BUT THESE KIDS DESERVE BETTER!!! WE ALL ENJOY SEEING THEM LAY IT ON THE LINES EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT AND IT IS TIME TO GET SOMEONE TO ACCURATELY REPORT THE STATS ON A WEEKLY BASIS!!! 

Who exactly have you seen fabricate stats? I could maybe see what a school statistician gets out of inflating stats, but what good is it for someone in the media to make a kid's stats look better? I know we try to get as many stats as possible for each team. They can email it to us, Orangefield still faxes us stuff! But at least they help out.

Short of being at every team's game and taking every stat, how else will someone get unbiased stats? Maybe you can be the official SETX stats person. You say "Lets come up with a solution" but you didn't actually mention a solution. This isn't the NFL or NCAA who have official stat keepers. The teams that do keep stats and put them online regularly (I know Newton does, among others), thank you. But even if every team had an official stat keeper, how would you stop them from fudging stats here and there? Anytime I compare our stats with the News and Orange leader, there's rarely a huge disparity.

Stats from everyone, whomever found to do this, would need to be uniform. No point getting stats if dont get full stats from all teams. Heres copy our stat box and I know BE is similar. And yes i realize the example below is pieced with two different games

Deer Park 35, PA Memorial 14
PAM 14 0 0 0-14
PNG 12 28 6 7-53

Scoring Summary
First Quarter
PAM: Corey Dauphine 30 run. Raul Estupinan kick.
Second Quarter
PNG: Kaleb Sparks 34 pass from Adam Morse. Brant Dykes kick.
PNG: Kody Cropper 1 run. Dykes kick.
TCH: Delaris Garrett 2 run. Kick fail.
PNG: Adam Morse 3 run. Dykes kick.
PNG: Morse 2 run. Dykes kick.
Third Quarter
TCH: Garrett 3 run. Zack Walters kick.
Fourth Quarter
PNG: Morse 2 run. Kick fail.
PNG: Halfin 17 run. Dykes kick.
TCH : Garrett 3 run. Walters kick

TEAM STATISTICS
CHILL PNG
First downs 20 25
Rushes-yards 23 47-341
Passing yards 56 265
Total yards 270 606
Comp-Att-Int 5-15-1 18-25-2
Punts/Avg. 4/32.7. 2/40
Fumbles-Lost 3-3 1-0
Penalties-yards 6-48 4-20
INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS
Rushing: CH, Ja’Braylon Franklin 9-87, Wesley Thompson 4-66, Josh Booth 5-55,Delaris Garrett 5-16, Gabriel Robinson 6-5, Reggie King 2-(-5), Kenyottat Henderson 3-2, Jeffery Minor 2-(-1), Kevone Kennedy 1-(-30).; PN-G, Brant Halfin 23-171, Kody Cropper 12-107, Adam Morse 10-49, 3-14.
Passing: CH, Robinson 5-15-1 56. ; PN-G, Adam Morse 18-25-2 25.
Receiving: CH,Henderson 3-39, Mike McCollister 2-17 ; PN-G, Kaleb Sparks 7-136, Keynel McZeal 4-48, Caisen Sullivan 4-31, Jack Giblin 3-50.

I'll Tell You What Gabe. If That Was Nothing I Could Really Put Him Out There With Some Real Stats!!! Like Hidden Agendas But I Will Cool It!!! Later For The BS!!!

Just move on. So you caught a reporter making a mistake....i make 10 a week at work just like everyone else at their job. Do you know how many times on mondays the nfl adjusts stats from games?

Question... Are You Hitting Shift At The Beginning Of Every Word, Or Do You Have A Special App For That? 

No college program is recruiting off stats, so it's cool to cut them out of the paper and put them in a scrap book, but not a big deal.  Now if Uncle Rico's stats were kept more accurately, he woulda led em to the ship!

Like I Said Later for The BS!!! I Do Know That All This Chatter Isn't Solving The Problem That This Thread Was Intended For Nor Is It Moving Me Because Neither Of You Squares Are Man Enough To Say All That You Are Saying On This Forum To My Face!!! Do Not Say Things About My Kid Behind My Back Then Smile In My Face And Then When I Post A Thread You Jump Out There Like you Want Something!!! I Don't Care If You Are BE Or SETX Or Whoever. Now Once Again Miss Me With That BS!!! #StayInYaLaneStaff