Aledo vs Temple for the 5A Division 1 Title

CP-TWolf

I did not see the forum so decided to create it. This is going to be a great game. Temples offensive weapons are unbelievable. BUT, aledo defense is stout. Temple is going to have to pass and run to keep the defense honest, which they have shown they can do. This one might be a high scoring game for both. I am taking aledo by 3, sorry temple no disrespect meant.

Even though I think Aledo is down there is no team that will score more than 40 points against them. Yes Bishop Amat did, but I believe I said earlier this season that Aledo was set up like 2011 where they lost 2 of their first 3 games, 49-48 to Stephenville and 69-34 to Lake Travis, but then the defense gelled and became unstoppable, beating Stephenville 33-0 in the playoff rematch. This is that style of team, look at what they did to John Tyler. Who anywhere in the state thought that they would do that? The offense everyone knew would be good but now the defense has gelled.

This is a home game for Aledo as I think they and Allen have played in Cowboys Stadium more times than the Cowboys have. Aledo is used to the 40k plus crowd and if they start fast against temple they should win.

This is not the same Aledo team from last year, but still is Aledo, and its hard to pick against the 4 out of the past 5 years state champ with or without Buchanan.

Even though I think Aledo is down there is no team that will score more than 40 points against them. Yes Bishop Amat did, but I believe I said earlier this season that Aledo was set up like 2011 where they lost 2 of their first 3 games, 49-48 to Stephenville and 69-34 to Lake Travis, but then the defense gelled and became unstoppable, beating Stephenville 33-0 in the playoff rematch. This is that style of team, look at what they did to John Tyler. Who anywhere in the state thought that they would do that? The offense everyone knew would be good but now the defense has gelled.

This is a home game for Aledo as I think they and Allen have played in Cowboys Stadium more times than the Cowboys have. Aledo is used to the 40k plus crowd and if they start fast against temple they should win.

This is not the same Aledo team from last year, but still is Aledo, and its hard to pick against the 4 out of the past 5 years state champ with or without Buchanan.

I think they have won more times in there then the cowboys have as well.

Im taking Temple by double digits. 

64-51

:o  I'll be super impressed if they do!! I think good defense will prevail with Temple held to less than half that, just my opinion though. Either way I like Aledo by 12+. We're all just guessing here, should be a great game to watch. I've just seen some high powered offense's shut down by disciplined defense and I think that's what will happen Saturday.

Looking forward to this matchup.  Mainly because I want to see Chad President (Baylor commit) play and do well, but I am rooting for a 5th Aledo title in 6 years.  I don't know much about Temple, but I have watched Aledo play this season.  Aledo is athletic and disciplined.  They have speed on both sides of the ball.  They are also versatile.  I'm curious as to what their game plan will be.  Against Randall in the quarter-finals, Aledo threw the ball 16 times (9 completions for 247 yards, 3 TDs) and ran it 32 times for 322 yards.

Against John Tyler, they only threw the ball 6 times (4 completions for 57 yards, 1 TD) and ran it 61 times for 377 yards.

Just FYI, you can't ever tell much about these high school playoff matchups unless you are actually watching film.  Here were the projections for the Aledo/John Tyler game.  Aledo was picked to win by 3 in a high scoring game. http://aledosportsdaily.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Playoff_Opponent_stats_bruce_predicts.342150808.pdf

That said, if anyone has a link to an analysis of the Temple/Aledo matchup I'd like to read it.

A couple more notes, FWIW.  Aledo has one loss, the second week of the season, to Bishop Amat from California.  Maxpreps has them 25 in the nation.  (They have Aledo at 96).

Temple also has one loss, the second week of the season, to 6A Westlake.  Westlake finished 7-4 and lost in the first round of the playoffs.

Aledo opened their season at Baylor's new stadium against Cedar Park with a 21-17 come-from-behind win. Cedar Park went on to a 12-3 record and is playing for the 5A D2 state championship against Ennis.

I am looking forward to this game as well. I am staying the night and attending this game the next day. I have seen aledo play this year and they were really good. Took advantage of the mistakes CP made and came out on top. I do not recall any mistakes made during that game by them but the will surely capitalize on any the other team makes.