Lamar Football

• 2 weeks later...

They just need to stop getting boat-raced in games against the upper tier of the SLC and start scheduling better outside the conference. It's good to get a money game every year that you know probably won't go well, but why not schedule a ULL or ULM instead of Texas College? Will they be phasing those games out?

They just need to stop getting boat-raced in games against the upper tier of the SLC and start scheduling better outside the conference. It's good to get a money game every year that you know probably won't go well, but why not schedule a ULL or ULM instead of Texas College? Will they be phasing those games out?

I've asked the same question....and got a very good answer.

What comes first, the chicken or the egg? It is very difficult to get teams of that caliber to play you, much less in a home and home situation until you are considered a worthy opponent....from that it seems LU will have to work up to that type scheduling. This year was a start, hopefully they can get at least one of those teams you mentioned replaced with a more formidable opponent......and then another the next year.....

However, I do agree....the lack of quality games OC was probably the difference in LU winning the UCA game for sure...maybe even being more respectable versus SHSU and SELA...

It takes at least 6 wins versus DI teams to get in the playoffs...then the quality of those wins come into play....LU had the 6 DI wins...replace those mentioned (at least 1 of them) then pull the W against UCA...I'd think LU would have had a chance this year with only 2 SLC losses....after all .... That's what SFA had...

After the Big 12 debacle with the playoffs, I dont see many more top tier programs will be scheduling the FCS teams anymore. Baylors OOC schedule killed rheir chances against OSU. Even OSUs loss to VT was better than an Baylor beatdown of LU, NW State or Liberty.
I expect Going forward that the ULL and ULMs will get more games agsinst power 5 conference teams. And Lamar will have to flood the schedule with other FCS teams, but I think that would be a good thing. 12-13 games against FCS opponents.