Jasper vs. Kilgore

Bulldog92

Garbage time.  For sure, Barbay starts putting in the reserves faster than perhaps any coach I have ever seen.  Stats don't win games, scoring one more point than the other team wins games.  Barbay is more about developing his younger players so that they can step up when needed.  Seems like a good philosophy to me.  

I agree. With how young Jasper is, that's very important. I hate wishing my life away, but I'm ready for them to kick this thing off already...

Thanks for the information. As is the case on the smoaky.com board that covers your district and isn't familiar with Jasper, the same can be said regarding Kilgore on this board. I know that no one on either side is taking this game lightly and it really could go either way. To me, whoever defends better will win. Most of the points Jasper has given up in district play were in garbage time when the games were already out of hand. When it matters, they have been really solid. This is going to be a great game.

We're pretty good defensively...... especially against the run. D-line has good size and quickness, linebackers are very good, secondary tackles well, but not great at covering the deep ball. Linebacker (#43) Haynes will be one of the most impressive players you'll have seen this year.

Offensively, we run the football and play-action pass. We're working with our 3rd string QB, but he's getting better every week..... good legs, big arm. We have a D-1 RB in Justice, and another very good one in Smith. We also have a couple of 6'3" WR's in Orange and Wallace and 6'3" TE in Wood.

Kicker is good, punter is good, coverage teams are very good.

The weather tonight will be the equalizer. A coach can have all the X and O down to a pat. The players can be healthy and fired up ready to go. When ever the team comes out of their dressing room and onto the field and that cold air hits them, then that burst of cold wind blows around them they gonna need that extra something that few teams, few players have across the state. An I don't care attitude, not one about getting hit all game long. An i done care attitude of getting hit and I can't feel my feet, my hands, my ears. You start to wonder how much longer is this game going to go on. You have to have the attitude of I don't care how I I'm gonna feel in the morning or this weekend. I'm here to win. With team is going g to ignore the cold. This will be the case in 90% of Texas High School Football Playoffs this year. This has to be the coldest first round playoff weekend in Texas ever. Good luck to both teams and God speed to and from the game. I'm pulling for Jasper.