San Augustine (4-4) vs Shelbyville (8-0)

PaleRider

I think after the Joaquin game we would all agree that Shelbyville is should be able to move the ball and score. The question is what will SA's offense do.  If they can turn it into a shootout then I think they have a chance.  Of course, turnovers and penalties will have an impact on the game as well and those are things as fans that we don't know when or where in the game it will happen or who it will impact.

Good luck and good health to both!

JMike passed for more than 350 yards on Shelbyville last year so the notion that it "CAN'T" happen is not true.  Shelbyville has not been tested this year against a quality passing game.  If SA has a chance at this it will be through the air plus they will have to get 2-3 stops defensively to be able to outscore Shelbyville.  My opinion is that SV wins by 3 or so TD's.  I just don't think SA's defense can stop Burrell and company.  I will be pulling for SA though!

SV 48

SA 26

JMike passed for more than 350 yards on Shelbyville last year so the notion that it "CAN'T" happen is not true. Shelbyville has not been tested this year against a quality passing game. If SA has a chance at this it will be through the air plus they will have to get 2-3 stops defensively to be able to outscore Shelbyville. My opinion is that SV wins by 3 or so TD's. I just don't think SA's defense can stop Burrell and company. I will be pulling for SA though!

SV 48
SA 26

I agree. SA has the offense to score with anyone. If their WR can hold on to the ball they will give the Dragon secondary fits. But I too think that the Dragons will wear down the defense with their ground game and pull away late.

SV-50
SA-35

Was wondering when you were gonna throw in your two cents. Do you live in Shelby county? Are you the coach or the coach's brother-in-law? You seem to be heading the Dragon bandwagon.....

I think Shelbyville will win but it will be closer game than people think. This whole district has been topsy turvy and ANYTHING can happen.......

[quote name="89falcon" post="1569471" timestamp="1414296158"]

Shelbyville is the class of the district. Hopefully SA will have a respectable showing. The question is what will happen with a 3-way tie for 2nd? Who will get the nod?[/quote

You'd better hope Shelbyville wins out or you will have enough egg on your face to make an omelet fit for a king.......

Ok, just like every week. If I am wrong we will know soon enough. I am not a Shelbyville fan but I can recognize a good team. This has been evident since the Jr/Sr group at Shelbyville came through Jr high. This is no surprise to anyone. We saw this coming a long time ago. They have talented group. I want SA to win but that doesn't mean I am going to come on here and make silly statements. I hope I am wrong but I am usually correct in these predictions. I was off on my prediction for the Splendora game. Hopefully I will be wrong on this one.