What to say about A&M now?????

Coach85

The last 3 games have shown that Texas A&M was not as good as many Texas A&M fans and others thought.  And yes Texas A&M still has Sumlin who regardless of the last game has had A&M on the forefront of NCAA football and recruiting for at least for a little.  And Texas fans yes GO AHEAD and rejoice at this loss by the Aggie's.  The rest of the season will determine just how bad this season can be  - Auburn is the only guaranteed likely loss left on the schedule.  Can Sumlin muster the team or not - we will have to see.

By the way Texas fans - enjoyed the great win (but it was a win) against the powerhouse Iowa State - Didn't North Dakota State beat them worse????

The last 3 games have shown that Texas A&M was not as good as many Texas A&M fans and others thought.  And yes Texas A&M still has Sumlin who regardless of the last game has had A&M on the forefront of NCAA football and recruiting for at least for a little.  And Texas fans yes GO AHEAD and rejoice at this loss by the Aggie's.  The rest of the season will determine just how bad this season can be  - Auburn is the only guaranteed likely loss left on the schedule.  Can Sumlin muster the team or not - we will have to see.

By the way Texas fans - enjoyed the great win (but it was a win) against the powerhouse Iowa State - Didn't North Dakota State beat them worse????

So using your logic NDS is better than UT?

I get it now! You just made an Aggie Joke!

OK I'll try too

Ole Miss beat bama, Ole Miss beat TAMU, bama beat TAMU.

I am starting to see how it works.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:159]

Might it be possible that the aggie coach before sumlin had all the pieces in place for a&m to have had the success they had in year 1? Year 2 not as good. That takes us to this season. The possibility of less wins than last year. Anyone else see the pattern here? At this pace, sumlin will not make it past year 5.
They are quickly becoming Texas after Colt McCoy. You can get all the 4 and 5 star recruits you want, but if they are privelaged, spoiled prima dona's, can do no wrong, and still can't play, you'll become irrelevant real soon.
In the long run, Texas with Charlie Strong, will be back on top much sooner than later.
Ok am through rambling.

Might it be possible that the aggie coach before sumlin had all the pieces in place for a&m to have had the success they had in year 1? Year 2 not as good. That takes us to this season. The possibility of less wins than last year. Anyone else see the pattern here? At this pace, sumlin will not make it past year 5.
They are quickly becoming Texas after Colt McCoy. You can get all the 4 and 5 star recruits you want, but if they are privelaged, spoiled prima dona's, can do no wrong, and still can't play, you'll become irrelevant real soon.
In the long run, Texas with Charlie Strong, will be back on top much sooner than later.
Ok am through rambling.

Great observations. Mack is one of the all time great recruiters. He had two of the best QBs in Texas history (and arguably Cfb history) back to back. Then the implosion occurred for the reasons you outline above.

Some supporters need to take the blinders off. Recruits see what is happening on the field week in and out. A&M will definitely give a beat down to UL-M in two weeks. All the talk on one side of the fence will be 'We're Back'! Look at what we did in the bye week. The changes made by sumlin were just what we needed. As lee corso says, "Not so fast my friend." After win #6, I don't see many more victories coming their way. Actually, I see several huge losses in their future.
Look for a good number of their recruits to jump ship if the losses continue to mount up.

Ok am through rambling.

you have been reading my posts and the critical year three in CFB programs       [sharedmedia=core:attachments:167]

One last thing, then I hafta get the day started. Am sick and tired of all the 'we all knew before the season started this was a rebuilding year'. It's funny how that isn't talked about until 'we' start losing and losing big. I guess that logic is used to keep the wolves at bay, to keep the fat cats happy.
The top tier teams on the sec west are going to continue to send a message each and every game by beating you as badly as they are able. Oh you'll be victorious once in a blue moon and you'll have the right to cherish that win. Just don't get used to it.
And by the way, whatever happened to Slippery Rock?

One last thing, then I hafta get the day started. Am sick and tired of all the 'we all knew before the season started this was a rebuilding year'. It's funny how that isn't talked about until 'we' start losing and losing big. I guess that logic is used to keep the wolves at bay, to keep the fat cats happy.
The top tier teams on the sec west are going to continue to send a message each and every game by beating you as badly as they are able. Oh you'll be victorious once in a blue moon and you'll have the right to cherish that win. Just don't get used to it.

http://setxsports.com/ip/index.php?/topic/106343-texas-am/

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/sec/alabama-dominates-as-sec-predictions-allleague-teams-released-at-media-days_71631052

The problem was a very large gap between CFB expectations and Texas Aggie expectations.

And then came South Carolina. The gap widened and he slope is steep.

It hurts when you hit bottom.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:172]

The meltdown on texasags is a thing to see. There are some really angry posters there. Not like here, the best CFB forum in Texas.

Interesting points:

few thoughts from the 59-point loss and on the A&M program in general moving forward:

* Did Sumlin’s early success at A&M, 11-2 in 2012, come from inheriting a disciplined bunch of upperclassmen and a dazzling newcomer in Johnny Manziel from the (gruff) Mike Sherman regime? Certainly hard to argue with that right now, considering Sumlin’s program has regressed in each of his three seasons. Sumlin is going to have to prove otherwise at this point.

* An extremely astute observer of A&M football told me a year ago to keep an eye on the progress – or lack of – of the offensive line as the players get further and further away from the Sherman/Jim Turner tutelage, two men who are passionate and technically sound regarding the line. The current (and veteran) offensive line, thought to be the team’s biggest strength entering the season, is one of its biggest weaknesses. Why is that?

* I’ll ask it again: Will this type of finesse offense work in the SEC West without a dual-threat quarterback like Manziel? Right now the evidence is stacked against that, as league defensive coordinators appeared to have figured out – and then some – Sumlin’s novel approach to offense (and that weak offensive line certainly doesn’t help).

* There’s an awful lot of ugliness out there from mad Aggies for one of its most embarrassing stretches in program history, and I can’t say that I blame them. Ticket prices are sky high, the coach worked the school over for a $2 million raise during a fourth place finish in the SEC West last year (true loyalty is a long-lost word), and fans were asked to step up to pay for a $450 million ongoing renovation to Kyle Field with the idea they’re helping fund a quality product – that’s all contributed to eliciting this response.

* It’s evident A&M’s lack of discipline off the field – around 20 arrests in the past 20 months or so – carries over to on the field, and that’s squarely on Sumlin. He’s reiterated the program is taking steps to remedy the discipline issues, and a good gauge of that will be the next nine months (leading to 2015 training camp).

Fact is A&M got embarrassed Saturday by Alabama - and has not played good in 3 weeks.

Now comes the Texas fans bashing everything that A&M has done the last 3 years and prognosticating the end of the A&M football team and in some cases the end of Texas A&M in general - Lol - that is nothing new from Texas fans as always all things Texas are great and all things A&M are BAD.  

The verdict is still out on Sumlin and I for one think that he has been and will be continue to be good for A&M in the future - but as always only time will tell.  The last 3 weeks and how the A&M teams responds I think will do much to determine how Sumlin's legacy will be regarding the 2014 season and quite likely his tenure at A&M.   My big concern is that not many really good coaches get beat 59-0 - how will that affect many thing from this years standings to recruiting for next year.  

I thought this was a forum to discuss the latest issues at hand. This has nothing to do with whatever team I support, or don't. Seems some always want to turn whatever is being said into an a&m or Texas conflict. I don't believe you can argue against that point. Nor can you argue how manziel/Evans combo bailed a&m out and either won the game or made it winnable. As a fan of the game, I feel the ags have some major problems that are going to face them year in and out. That mainly being the sec west. It's not like those schools aren't going to recruit top talent and not get better. I know the longhorns have their own issues that aren't going to be an overnight fix. Fans turned on strong after game 2. At least it took 3 years into sumlin's tenure before some of their fans have begun to question this and that about his program.
Like someone said in another post somewhere, all teams have some on their fan base that are idiots.
Didn't mean to rile ya up OT. Was just an observation.

I thought this was a forum to discuss the latest issues at hand. This has nothing to do with whatever team I support, or don't. Seems some always want to turn whatever is being said into an a&m or Texas conflict. I don't believe you can argue against that point. Nor can you argue how manziel/Evans combo bailed a&m out and either won the game or made it winnable. As a fan of the game, I feel the ags have some major problems that are going to face them year in and out. That mainly being the sec west. It's not like those schools aren't going to recruit top talent and not get better. I know the longhorns have their own issues that aren't going to be an overnight fix. Fans turned on strong after game 2. At least it took 3 years into sumlin's tenure before some of their fans have begun to question this and that about his program.
Like someone said in another post somewhere, all teams have some on their fan base that are idiots.
Didn't mean to rile ya up OT. Was just an observation.

Fact is A&M got embarrassed Saturday by Alabama - and has not played good in 3 weeks.

Now comes the Texas fans bashing everything that A&M has done the last 3 years and prognosticating the end of the A&M football team and in some cases the end of Texas A&M in general - Lol - that is nothing new from Texas fans as always all things Texas are great and all things A&M are BAD.

The verdict is still out on Sumlin and I for one think that he has been and will be continue to be good for A&M in the future - but as always only time will tell. The last 3 weeks and how the A&M teams responds I think will do much to determine how Sumlin's legacy will be regarding the 2014 season and quite likely his tenure at A&M. My big concern is that not many really good coaches get beat 59-0 - how will that affect many thing from this years standings to recruiting for next year.

I think I was generally complimentary of sumlin and the Ags to start the year. Shows what I know. But it is just as valid for us to point things out "wrong" with the Aggies as it is for you guys with the Horns (and there has been plenty to point out). The fact of the matter is that A&M DOES look very undisciplined on the field. Does that come from the lack of discipline off of it? Maybe. We speak from experience from the last several years of Mack's regime. The inmates were running the asylum and it very much showed on Saturdays.

Main question is when is Hill going to be benched and Allen allowed to start. Sumlin can not wait back and let things get worse. When he came he was suppose to bring them to BCS bowls and possible National Championships. he doesn't finish better then 5 in the SEC west he may be on the hot seat real quick.

I think I was generally complimentary of sumlin and the Ags to start the year. Shows what I know. But it is just as valid for us to point things out "wrong" with the Aggies as it is for you guys with the Horns (and there has been plenty to point out). The fact of the matter is that A&M DOES look very undisciplined on the field. Does that come from the lack of discipline off of it? Maybe. We speak from experience from the last several years of Mack's regime. The inmates were running the asylum and it very much showed on Saturdays.

The losses don't bother me this year as most A&M fans had us losing at least 3 or 4 games before the year started. My problem is the way they are losing. The team seems to have totally quit and it's gotten worse every week for the last month. That seems to me like that is on the coaching staff.

I DVR each game and watch it later during the week

Miss St game was bad, but it was a lot of correctable mistakes ie. Dropped passes, mental errors etc. A few plays go A&M's Way and it could have been a different game.

Ole Miss game was worse. How you quit in a game at home with 110,000+ fans is beyond me. That's on the coaches and don't give me the youth crap.

A&M never showed up for the Bama game and I deleted it from my dvr without watching.

As for the inmates running the asylum, you may be right. Trill was carried out of Chimmy's on Northgate last Thursday after puking all over the place. Maybe he was still hungover 36 hours later when they played the #7 team in the country on the road. That's lack of leadership from the most important position on the team. Jamies is an idiot, but his teammates seem to like and respect him. I don't know if Trill gets that from this A&M team.

I'll say the same thing I did before the year started.

Year One - two losses with JFF and a bunch of NFL talent. Great first year

Year Two - Four losses with JFF and a bunch of NFL talent.

Year three is critical as your recruits have to start producing. I can easily see this team now losing 5 games.

The downward slope is the wrong direction you want for your team.

I did not start posting this because Texas A&M lost.

The losses don't bother me this year as most A&M fans had us losing at least 3 or 4 games before the year started. My problem is the way they are losing. The team seems to have totally quit and it's gotten worse every week for the last month. That seems to me like that is on the coaching staff.

I DVR each game and watch it later during the week

Miss St game was bad, but it was a lot of correctable mistakes ie. Dropped passes, mental errors etc. A few plays go A&M's Way and it could have been a different game.

Ole Miss game was worse. How you quit in a game at home with 110,000+ fans is beyond me. That's on the coaches and don't give me the youth crap.

A&M never showed up for the Bama game and I deleted it from my dvr without watching.

As for the inmates running the asylum, you may be right. Trill was carried out of Chimmy's on Northgate last Thursday after puking all over the place. Maybe he was still hungover 36 hours later when they played the #7 team in the country on the road. That's lack of leadership from the most important position on the team. Jamies is an idiot, but his teammates seem to like and respect him. I don't know if Trill gets that from this A&M team.

I agree completely. If the strong leadership is lacking from the coaching, you have to get it from the players. That is often tough when they are basically kids. Texas was fortunate to find a diamond in the rough with McCoy. With vince, he was struggling even in Austin until the coaches just let him go and he found his rhythm. With both, they were strong leaders and the players responded to them. When Colt left, that void was never filled.

Obviously with the talent sumlin is accumulating, they should be in the hunt. But like Mack, he appears to mostly want the players to like him. Watch the locker room celebrations after the big wins (like So Car this year). Could you see Nick Saban in the middle of his guys dancing and chanting? But, if a kid like Kyler Murray comes in and is self motivated and as talented as we say he is, he might be able to carry that extremely talented bunch a long way. He could be the guy.

And obviously Snyder has to go. There is no excuse for what you've guys have endured on his side of the ball. No matter how good the offense is, you can't win when the other team can move the ball with literally any play they call.