What to say about A&M now?????

Coach85

This type of situation is not unusual in college football. It happened with Chizik and Auburn. Auburn won the NC with Tommy Tuberville's recruits. 24 seniors plus early draftees left after that season. Auburn sucked after that. And the rumormill cranked up. Chizik not disciplined, Chizik playing favorites, Chizik spying on his coaches, Chizik meddling with the offense, etc. Fortunately Chizik was an able recruiter so the talent was built back up. Remains to be seen if Auburn regresses under Malzahn as Chizik's croots leave the program.

One stark fact for A&M is playing in the SEC West. For years it was all bamr and LSU. Some seasons Auburn would break through or maybe Arkansas. Everyone marked State and OM down for guaranteed wins but this is no longer the case. This year there is not easy win in the West.

Unless it's A&M

And obviously Snyder has to go. There is no excuse for what you've guys have endured on his side of the ball. No matter how good the offense is, you can't win when the other team can move the ball with literally any play they call. 

I agree totally - while you can make an argument that the offense has struggled as well it has had moments of being very good even in the games against quality teams.  Bur the defense has never really looked that good.  Early in the season they were making a few stops but overall were still porous and slow.  I noted the improvement that they appeared to have early in the season but that has evaporated.  They also do not have the aggressiveness that is needed to be a good defense.  What sticks out to me is how many arm tackles and missed tackles that the secondary has had – you get through the front line and you have a 10 – 15 (or more) yard gain every time.

Players on defense have to want to PLAY DEFENSE.

If not they can try kicking or punting.              [sharedmedia=core:attachments:158]

And you can get excited about winning a game and giving up 45 points.

Because the Defense was flying around the field trying to make plays. The Texas Defense will show a marked improvement whent Coach Strongs's recruits start playing more.

Year Three               [sharedmedia=core:attachments:172]

Well, certainly no team has played a tougher schedule in the last 3 weeks.  The Bama beatdown was similar to the OU beatdown of 2003, except that OU was favored by 32 and expected to whoop us.  So, that makes the Bama game even worse to me.  Not too many people saw THAT coming.   I think A&M spent the offseason scripting the S. Carolina game to perfection.  However, Mississippi State exposed the problems with this team, and now the offense has no confidence and the defense is regressing to last year's performances.  Did we just wave the white flag?  I haven't seen anybody step up and lead this team.  How are we going to compete against Auburn, LSU, and Missouri?   The bye week is certainly much needed followed by the Monroe game.  I think that Kyle Allen should get a shot at this point.  A&M could still salvage 8-4 if they can get things together which wouldn't be bad considering you have to play 4 of the top 5 teams in the country.   

from Texasags  esp. the last paragraph. He gets it. The TexasAgs POY

top 6 reasons we are 5-3

1. Coaching: The defense should be kept in a small dark closet and not be shown the light of day. There should be one voice saying "Tackle" over and over again until their thick skulls can process that.

2. Coaching: 2 strengths of the South Carolina game besides tackling- safety play and pressure on the QB. Myles Garrett and Armani Watts have gone from Heroes to Zeroes. Maybe the coaches should have been less concerned with telling them how great they are (breaking Clowney's record) and Watts trying to make a play on that punt return. And more concerned with the fundamentals of football on the defensive side to get better play as the season goes on.

3. Coaching: maybe the coaches should have followed if it ain't broke don't fix it. Devante Harris should not have arms to play football. They need to be taken off and he should not be allowed around a football field, EVER. So Victor Davis is playing well with Burns and Watts, and you bring in these "veterans" to play instead. Absolutely pathetic.

4. Coaching: the WR against South Carolina- that was a thing of beauty. And yet they continued to do the same thing against (Lamar, SMU, Rice) and you thought the SEC West teams weren't going to pick up on it? Maybe the coaches should have taken some risks and establishing a presence in some vertical, deep threat play calls to give these "young and talented" WRs and Kenny Hill at QB some experience and more importantly CONFIDENCE throwing the ball more than 15 yards downfield.

5. Coaching: Kevin Sumlin at SEC media days cracks me up. Not the "Cleveland Browns" comment but the fact that he brought up Cam Clear more than any other player on the team. "Clear is a mismatch at 6-6, 260 lbs". Cam Clear stats to date (4 receptions for 35 yards). And yet the main target over the middle without Kennedy has been a walk on Boone Niederhoffer. ALL THAT TALENT. RSJ, CLEAR, NOIL, REYNOLDS, POPE. AND YOUR OFFENSIVE SECURITY BLANKET IN THE MIDDLE IS BOONE NIEDERHOFFER.

6. Coaching: The OL is totally dominant in the first game and you think it is a good idea to just insert Jarvis Harrison back on the line. I get it. He's a veteran. But he was not playing for a reason.

So it is blatantly obvious of who is to blame. THE COACHING STAFF. All this #WRTS, #WHAT, THE WATER CELEBRATIONS, "WE CAN BEAT ANYBODY".... Stop it. The greatest player in the history of our program comes in and the best we finish is third in our own division. We haven't won anything. I have never understood a fan base that celebrates mediocrity the way we do

from Texasags esp. the last paragraph. He gets it. The TexasAgs POY

top 6 reasons we are 5-3

1. Coaching: The defense should be kept in a small dark closet and not be shown the light of day. There should be one voice saying "Tackle" over and over again until their thick skulls can process that.

2. Coaching: 2 strengths of the South Carolina game besides tackling- safety play and pressure on the QB. Myles Garrett and Armani Watts have gone from Heroes to Zeroes. Maybe the coaches should have been less concerned with telling them how great they are (breaking Clowney's record) and Watts trying to make a play on that punt return. And more concerned with the fundamentals of football on the defensive side to get better play as the season goes on.

3. Coaching: maybe the coaches should have followed if it ain't broke don't fix it. Devante Harris should not have arms to play football. They need to be taken off and he should not be allowed around a football field, EVER. So Victor Davis is playing well with Burns and Watts, and you bring in these "veterans" to play instead. Absolutely pathetic.

4. Coaching: the WR against South Carolina- that was a thing of beauty. And yet they continued to do the same thing against (Lamar, SMU, Rice) and you thought the SEC West teams weren't going to pick up on it? Maybe the coaches should have taken some risks and establishing a presence in some vertical, deep threat play calls to give these "young and talented" WRs and Kenny Hill at QB some experience and more importantly CONFIDENCE throwing the ball more than 15 yards downfield.

5. Coaching: Kevin Sumlin at SEC media days cracks me up. Not the "Cleveland Browns" comment but the fact that he brought up Cam Clear more than any other player on the team. "Clear is a mismatch at 6-6, 260 lbs". Cam Clear stats to date (4 receptions for 35 yards). And yet the main target over the middle without Kennedy has been a walk on Boone Niederhoffer. ALL THAT TALENT. RSJ, CLEAR, NOIL, REYNOLDS, POPE. AND YOUR OFFENSIVE SECURITY BLANKET IN THE MIDDLE IS BOONE NIEDERHOFFER.

6. Coaching: The OL is totally dominant in the first game and you think it is a good idea to just insert Jarvis Harrison back on the line. I get it. He's a veteran. But he was not playing for a reason.

So it is blatantly obvious of who is to blame. THE COACHING STAFF. All this #WRTS, #WHAT, THE WATER CELEBRATIONS, "WE CAN BEAT ANYBODY".... Stop it. The greatest player in the history of our program comes in and the best we finish is third in our own division. We haven't won anything. I have never understood a fan base that celebrates mediocrity the way we do

Those are some great posts. Proof positive that as entertaining as that site can be to the rest of us, texags has always had some really good posters.

Those are some great posts. Proof positive that as entertaining as that site can be to the rest of us, texags has always had some really good posters.

You want entertainment?
PM me and I'll give you my password to Rivals- Aggie Yell.

#closetaggieobsession

#WRTS now means: we ruined this xxit

The writer's bio says she's an Aggie..........me not so sure.

Meh - she looks like one of those Aggie "beauties" to me ;). Seriously though, when I read the first sentence claiming A&M lost to "rival" Alabama, I started scanning. When I saw she made a Designing Women reference, I closed the article.