3.   Port Neches-Groves, 5-1, 79, 3, 10/17 at #8 Nederland

4.   Deer Park, 6-1, 69, 6, 10/17 vs. Galena Park North Shore
5.   Dayton, 5-2, 53, 8, 10/17 at #1 Crosby

6.   Channelview, 6-1, 46, 7, 10/24 at #4 Deer Park

7.   Baytown Sterling, 5-1, 38, 4, 10/17 vs. Beaumont West Brook

8.   Nederland, 3-3, 32, NA, 10/17 vs. #3 Port Neches-Groves

9.   La Porte, 3-3, 19, NA 10/17 vs. Port Arthur Memorial
10. Beaumont Central, 3-3, 13, 5, 10/17 at Beaumont Ozen

Others receiving votes: Barbers Hill 3, Port Arthur Memorial 3, Galena Park North Shore 2

4A-3A Poll

Rank, Team, Record, Points, Previous, Next Opponent

1.   Hardin-Jefferson (8), 7-0, 118, 1, 10/17 at Hamshire-Fannett
2.   Kirbyville, 6-0 (2), 112, 2, 10/17 at #7 Buna
3.   Corrigan-Camden, 6-0, 96, 3,10/17 at Hemphill
4.   Huffman Hargrave, 6-0, 85, 4, 10/17 vs. Cleveland
5.   East Chambers, 6-0, 84, 5, 10/17 at Hardin
6.   West Orange-Stark, 5-2, 62, 6, 10/17 at #11 Orangefield
7.   Buna, 6-0, 60, 7, 10/17 vs. #2 Kirbyville
8.   Coldspring-Oakhurst, 4-2, 55, 8, 10/17 at Diboll
9.   Newton, 3-3, 32, 10, 10/17 vs. Crockett
10. Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 4-3, 31, 11, 10/17 vs. Bridge City

11. Orangefield, 4-3, 27, 9, 10/17 vs. #6 West Orange-Stark
12. Jasper, 4-3, 11, 12, 10/24 vs. #10 Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Others receiving votes: Garrison 6, Hemphill 1

2A-Private Poll

Rank, Team, Record, Points, Previous, Next Opponent

1.    Shelbyville (10), 5-0, 100, 1, 10/17 at Cushing

2.    Iola, 5-1, 88, 4, 10/17 vs. Sabine Pass

3.    Centerville, 3-3, 76, 6, 10/17 vs. Groveton

4.    Baytown Christian, 6-0, 72, 7, 10/17 vs. Katy Faith West

5.    Anderson-Shiro, 5-1, 53, 8, 10/17 at #9 Lovelady

6.    San Augustine, 3-3, 51, NA, 10/17 at #10 Beckville

7.    Crosby Victory and Praise, 6-0, 37, 10, 10/17 vs. West Columbia Charter

8.    West Sabine, 4-2, 27, 3, 10/17 at Joaquin
9.    Lovelady, 5-1, 23, 2, 10/17 vs. #5 Anderson-Shiro

10.  Beckville, 4-1, 14, NA, 10/17 vs. #6 San Augustine

Others receiving votes: Evadale 10

Yet again, HJ beats a team by less than what Kirbyville beat them by, but still gets ranked ahead of them. Smdh.. Oh well. Good luck to the Hawks for the rest of the season. You have done some great things this year even if the common opponent scores were not as impressive as Kirbyville's. I wish with all that I have that we could have played y'all this year. That would have been the game to see.

CV probably still getting a knock on them for barely beating an 0-6 5A Vidor team, but what most dont recognize is that the 6A schools and many 5A schools dont see the missdirection run heavy offenses very often so when they do it can be difficult the first time.

Plus Cview lost to West Brook just 2 weeks ago and the Bruins just got steam rolled by Deer Park.

Yet again, HJ beats a team by less than what Kirbyville beat them by, but still gets ranked ahead of them. Smdh.. Oh well. Good luck to the Hawks for the rest of the season. You have done some great things this year even if the common opponent scores were not as impressive as Kirbyville's. I wish with all that I have that we could have played y'all this year. That would have been the game to see.

Don't sugar coat it, tell it like it is. LOL Flexing those Kirbyville muscles again. and again, and again.

that's the problem when you don't play anybody good in predistrict. Kirbyville's most impressive win is against OF. HJ also beat OF, but it might be their 4th or 5th most impressive win. It also came on the heels of victories over Tatum, Center, and LCM the previous three weeks. One could argue that playing quality competition 4 or 5 weeks in a row takes it out of a team in a way that playing bad teams, resting starters and generally avoiding injuries doesn't, leading to games like HJ/OF the other night where a couple of mistakes allowed OF to turn the game from a borderline blowout (HJ was on pace to win the game by more than Kville had beaten them by)to a closer win by scoring 14 points in the last 2:30 of the game. The last four weeks Kirbyville has beaten Woodville, Deweyville, Anahuac, and Kountze. So the voters have to look at what's more impressive: Kirbyville outscoring a couple of teams by a couple more touchdowns than HJ while working their way through a cupcake schedule, or HJ continuing to beat quality opponents just about every week. What's worth more? HJ beating a playoff team in LCM by 28 and a playoff team in Center by 31,traveling to perennial state power Tatum and holding them to 2 first downs in a 7 point win... or Kirbyville hanging up 50 every week on teams that are going to go 2-8.

By all accounts Kirbyville has a great team. And from what I've heard (no, I'm not driving to watch them play), they have the talent to give HJ a game, and maybe even be a favorite to beat them. As they finally get into district and play a couple of good teams in EC and Buna, they'll get the respect you guys want if they win both games(as if #2 is something to sneeze at). Of course, if HJ beats WOS in two weeks, you're going to be stuck at #2 until somebody knocks HJ out of the playoffs.

that's the problem when you don't play anybody good in predistrict. Kirbyville's most impressive win is against OF. HJ also beat OF, but it might be their 4th or 5th most impressive win. It also came on the heels of victories over Tatum, Center, and LCM the previous three weeks. One could argue that playing quality competition 4 or 5 weeks in a row takes it out of a team in a way that playing bad teams, resting starters and generally avoiding injuries doesn't, leading to games like HJ/OF the other night where a couple of mistakes allowed OF to turn the game from a borderline blowout (HJ was on pace to win the game by more than Kville had beaten them by)to a closer win by scoring 14 points in the last 2:30 of the game. The last four weeks Kirbyville has beaten Woodville, Deweyville, Anahuac, and Kountze. So the voters have to look at what's more impressive: Kirbyville outscoring a couple of teams by a couple more touchdowns than HJ while working their way through a cupcake schedule, or HJ continuing to beat quality opponents just about every week. What's worth more? HJ beating a playoff team in LCM by 28 and a playoff team in Center by 31,traveling to perennial state power Tatum and holding them to 2 first downs in a 7 point win... or Kirbyville hanging up 50 every week on teams that are going to go 2-8.

By all accounts Kirbyville has a great team. And from what I've heard (no, I'm not driving to watch them play), they have the talent to give HJ a game, and maybe even be a favorite to beat them. As they finally get into district and play a couple of good teams in EC and Buna, they'll get the respect you guys want if they win both games(as if #2 is something to sneeze at). Of course, if HJ beats WOS in two weeks, you're going to be stuck at #2 until somebody knocks HJ out of the playoffs.

Kirbyville's most impressive win is against everyone they've faced. Their pre-district schedule may not be quite as tough as HJ's but they are doing just exactly what great teams are supposed to do to not so great teams....they're destroying them. When facing good teams though, especially common opponents such as Kountze and Orangefiled, that's the only measuring stick that voters can go by. And again, Kirbyville wins that battle so far. I'm not saying that HJ doesn't deserve to be #1, I'm just wondering why they were chosen over Kirbyville to be there. So it's strength of pre-district schedule? Kind of a lame reasoning....especially when 2 out of 6 opponents were faced by both teams. You are right though...until someone knocks them off, they will stay there. 

Kirbyville's most impressive win is against everyone they've faced. Their pre-district schedule may not be quite as tough as HJ's but they are doing just exactly what great teams are supposed to do to not so great teams....they're destroying them. When facing good teams though, especially common opponents such as Kountze and Orangefiled, that's the only measuring stick that voters can go by. And again, Kirbyville wins that battle so far. I'm not saying that HJ doesn't deserve to be #1, I'm just wondering why they were chosen over Kirbyville to be there. So it's strength of pre-district schedule? Kind of a lame reasoning....especially when 2 out of 6 opponents were faced by both teams. You are right though...until someone knocks them off, they will stay there.

There's no "quite" to it, HJ's schedule is MUCH, MUCH, tougher than Kirbyville's up to this point, and while Kirbyville is finally going to get a couple of good opponents, HJ still has WOS. But I'll repeat, because while I made my point earlier, I took a lot of words to do it. HJ was chosen #1 over Kirbyville because they have beaten 5 quality teams, and Kirbyville has only beaten one. It's not the strength of schedule: it's being undefeated against a much stronger schedule. You can't say only their two common opponents matter, but not the 4 other good teams HJ has beaten (versus 4 bad teams that Kirbyville has). It's about the whole season, not the fact that Kirbyville beat OF by 15 and HJ only did by 7.

There's no "quite" to it, HJ's schedule is MUCH, MUCH, tougher than Kirbyville's up to this point, and while Kirbyville is finally going to get a couple of good opponents, HJ still has WOS. But I'll repeat, because while I made my point earlier, I took a lot of words to do it. HJ was chosen #1 over Kirbyville because they have beaten 5 quality teams, and Kirbyville has only beaten one. It's not the strength of schedule: it's being undefeated against a much stronger schedule. You can't say only their two common opponents matter, but not the 4 other good teams HJ has beaten (versus 4 bad teams that Kirbyville has). It's about the whole season, not the fact that Kirbyville beat OF by 15 and HJ only did by 7.

Ohhhhh.....so actual games that could be used to compare the two don't matter? Only games that have no way of pointing out how good the two teams are head to head? I gotcha. Btw, Orangefield was not the only common opponent. There was also Kountze, which HJ beat by 3 td's. Kirbyville beat them by 6. Not surprised you left that out.

Ohhhhh.....so actual games that could be used to compare the two don't matter? Only games that have no way of pointing out how good the two teams are head to head? I gotcha. Btw, Orangefield was not the only common opponent. There was also Kountze, which HJ beat by 3 td's. Kirbyville beat them by 6. Not surprised you left that out.

Maybe Kirbyville did better against those teams because they weren't beat up and worn out from playing good teams week in and week out?  Should Kirbyville be ranked higher than HJ because OF recovered a couple of onside kicks late in a game that HJ was winning handily?  Or should HJ be ranked ahead of Kirbyville because they have 5 wins against playoff teams while Kirbyville has 4 wins against 1-5 teams?  Should Kirbyville be pushed down because they only beat Anahuac 28-7?  Both Buna and EC beat them by more.  When you argue scoring margin, especially games where both teams were clearly the better team, it's not a great measuring stick.  Considering that HJ runs an offense that is made to milk the clock and keep opponents' offenses off the field, it's not going to be a shock when they don't run up the score as much.  But that doesn't mean that they aren't a great team, nor is it an indicator of what would happen if Kirbyville and HJ were to play.  Since they won't play, you have to look at other factors.  And clearly the majority of people living anywhere outside of Kirbyville feel that HJ's quality wins against a stronger schedule gives them the edge in the rankings over Kirbyville  If not, HJ would not have 8 of 10 1st place votes as picked by some very good football minds living throughout the coverage area.  And just for your information, there's not a single HJ OR Kirbyville fan voting in the poll, so it's about as unbiased as you're going to get.

Maybe Kirbyville did better against those teams because they weren't beat up and worn out from playing good teams week in and week out?  Should Kirbyville be ranked higher than HJ because OF recovered a couple of onside kicks late in a game that HJ was winning handily?  Or should HJ be ranked ahead of Kirbyville because they have 5 wins against playoff teams while Kirbyville has 4 wins against 1-5 teams?  Should Kirbyville be pushed down because they only beat Anahuac 28-7?  Both Buna and EC beat them by more.  When you argue scoring margin, especially games where both teams were clearly the better team, it's not a great measuring stick.  Considering that HJ runs an offense that is made to milk the clock and keep opponents' offenses off the field, it's not going to be a shock when they don't run up the score as much.  But that doesn't mean that they aren't a great team, nor is it an indicator of what would happen if Kirbyville and HJ were to play.  Since they won't play, you have to look at other factors.  And clearly the majority of people living anywhere outside of Kirbyville feel that HJ's quality wins against a stronger schedule gives them the edge in the rankings over Kirbyville  If not, HJ would not have 8 of 10 1st place votes as picked by some very good football minds living throughout the coverage area.  And just for your information, there's not a single HJ OR Kirbyville fan voting in the poll, so it's about as unbiased as you're going to get.

Aaaaaand yet again, you miss the point. These polls are set up as conversation pieces to give people an idea of who is (or might be) the better team. I will admit, Kirbyville didn't face hardly any quality opponents so they did what a good team is supposed to do, they beat the tar out of them. HJ faced mostly quality opponents so they did what a good team is supposed to do, they won. So as far as teams that were NOT common, they both did what they were supposed to do. Which leaves us with opponents that ARE common and CAN provide a measuring stick to some degree of a head to head face-off between Kirbyville and HJ. And in those games, Kirbyville fared better. You can reason out all day long as to why they did, but they did. That's all that matters. 

Your point was not missed, it just has very little merit.  Beating good teams is more difficult than blowing out bad teams.  There are probably 20 teams in 4A/3A in our area that could line up Kirbyville's schedule and have a bunch of blowout wins.  There are only a handful of teams that could do what HJ has done.  And while Kirbyville is almost assuredly one of those teams, they haven't proved it on the field. And your "measuring stick" isn't relevant because it doesn't take into account how much harder it is on a team both mentally and physically to play several quality opponents back to back, versus a team that plays a good team that they can get up for, prepare for, and rest up for in the middle of a bunch of cupcakes.  There's a reason that undefeated mid-major teams don't play for college championships. An undefeated team from the WAC with a bunch of blowouts will never get the nod over an undefeated team from a big conference who's consistently beaten quality teams.  It's much tougher to "do what good teams are supposed to do" against consistently good opponents than it is to run off blowout after blowout against teams that Kirbyville's JV team could beat.  But as i just said, there's a reason that 8 out of 10 knowledgeable, non-biased voters placed HJ ahead of Kirbyville.  So maybe they missed the point as well?

I'll say this, if there are some voters that lean towards Kirbyville being better, but are picking HJ because of the cats weak schedule, a big win over Buna or if HJ struggles a little with HF might swing some votes. But it's going to be a moot point if HJ beats WOS on Halloween night.

Your point was not missed, it just has very little merit.  Beating good teams is more difficult than blowing out bad teams.  There are probably 20 teams in 4A/3A in our area that could line up Kirbyville's schedule and have a bunch of blowout wins.  There are only a handful of teams that could do what HJ has done.  And while Kirbyville is almost assuredly one of those teams, they haven't proved it on the field. And your "measuring stick" isn't relevant because it doesn't take into account how much harder it is on a team both mentally and physically to play several quality opponents back to back, versus a team that plays a good team that they can get up for, prepare for, and rest up for in the middle of a bunch of cupcakes.  There's a reason that undefeated mid-major teams don't play for college championships. An undefeated team from the WAC with a bunch of blowouts will never get the nod over an undefeated team from a big conference who's consistently beaten quality teams.  It's much tougher to "do what good teams are supposed to do" against consistently good opponents than it is to run off blowout after blowout against teams that Kirbyville's JV team could beat.  But as i just said, there's a reason that 8 out of 10 knowledgeable, non-biased voters placed HJ ahead of Kirbyville.  So maybe they missed the point as well?

Ok I will from here on stop giving the benefit of the doubt and will start doing my own research. I mean really?? What 'good' teams are you talking about? I checked.....the BEST record of the 5 teams HJ has beaten (not counting common opponents with Kirbyville) is 4-3! One is 2-3 and even big, bad Tatum is a freaking 2-4!! Give me a break. These are the 'good, quality' teams that are beating up on and taking their toll on HJ's season??? Wow. Lmao.. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but 4-3 is average. The others are below average. Kirbyville has faced three teams with a 1-5 record and one that's 4-2 (which we beat 56-0), and I'll admit that 1-5 is weaker competition than 4-3, but if you want to claim MUCH tougher competition then you're gonna have to come at me with some 6-1's or even some 5-2's. 4-3 ain't cuttin' it. Just, wow. I guess next you're gonna want us to look at the opponents competition too right? Then their opponents opponents? Lol.. It doesn't matter though. HJ is ranked ahead of Kirbyville and that's just the way it is. I can't stop laughing though at how tough HJ has it. Those 'average' teams are a doozy huh? Lmao