Newton 19 West Orange-Stark 7/Final

WOSgrad

And WOS is not Coldspring or Navasota either. Each of those two make deep playoff runs and contend for state championships. WOS gets beat as soon as they play a non-SETX team. This year WOS sits behind LaGrange, Lamarque and HJ at best. We are generally discussing this year. Though WOS has beat Huffman 2 out of 3, I think we can all be honest and admit that WOS would not want to see Huffman this year. WOS had a pretty good record against Newton prior to last week before the got stomped. They even got beat by Newton in the 4X100 this past spring. WOS was a power back in the 80s but they are the shining modern example that dropping down a classification does not guarantee success. 2 trips out of the region in 27 years.   

lmao hf will NEVER  come close to what wo-s has done and on closeing  see you at the dist track meet are better yet you can even sit on the mustangs side at jerrys world

And WOS is not Coldspring or Navasota either. Each of those two make deep playoff runs and contend for state championships. WOS gets beat as soon as they play a non-SETX team. This year WOS sits behind LaGrange, Lamarque and HJ at best. We are generally discussing this year. Though WOS has beat Huffman 2 out of 3, I think we can all be honest and admit that WOS would not want to see Huffman this year. WOS had a pretty good record against Newton prior to last week before the got stomped. They even got beat by Newton in the 4X100 this past spring. WOS was a power back in the 80s but they are the shining modern example that dropping down a classification does not guarantee success. 2 trips out of the region in 27 years. 

I believe those deep runs that CS and Navasota attained only lasted about 2 more games after they played WOS, I believe WOs has been in the quarterfinals the last two years. Let me see Huffman went how deep last year? I don't think WOS runs scared of anyone, especially Huffman. Newton had NEVER beat us, no excuses they won. That doesn't make WOS not the premier team in this part of the state. I believe WOS, LaGrange, Hooterville, and then LaMarque. You notice Huffman is not even in the top 5. Has Huffman EVER been out of the region? Forgive me if they have but I hadn't even heard of them until a few years ago. Kinda been a little while for LaGrange too if i am not mistaken. Speaking of living in the past, say no more than the word LaMarque. I  remember you saying that Huff and Puffington would beat us last time. Hmm, another crow eater with Mustang envy (49-6, if I remember right)

I have seen both Huffman and WOS, Huffman has a good offense with Harrell as a great weapon. WOS however has the secondary that could control him and slow the falcon offense down. WOS defense is better than Huffmans, no doubt in my mind. The Mustang offense and Falcon offense against us pretty much had the same type of games. The only thing I question right now is whether the Mustang offense is in a slump after these last two games or was it just the quality of the opponents. If the two teams I saw played WOS takes it by double digits. If that offense has lost its mojo then it could be an interesting game.

I believe those deep runs that CS and Navasota attained only lasted about 2 more games after they played WOS, I believe WOs has been in the quarterfinals the last two years. Let me see Huffman went how deep last year? I don't think WOS runs scared of anyone, especially Huffman. Newton had NEVER beat us, no excuses they won. That doesn't make WOS not the premier team in this part of the state. I believe WOS, LaGrange, Hooterville, and then LaMarque. You notice Huffman is not even in the top 5. Has Huffman EVER been out of the region? Forgive me if they have but I hadn't even heard of them until a few years ago. Kinda been a little while for LaGrange too if i am not mistaken. Speaking of living in the past, say no more than the word LaMarque. I  remember you saying that Huff and Puffington would beat us last time. Hmm, another crow eater with Mustang envy (49-6, if I remember right)

I can see those 4 teams as the top 4 DII teams in Region III, but not the top 4 in the region including the DI teams. Navasota would be #1, then followed by your 4 but Huffman could possibly be that 5th spot over La Marque.

There is no "ONE " Right way to coach !!!!!!! And obviously" Old School" has already given way to the New School !!!!!!!! There isnt a football team in this country that plays & is coached the way the they did 20 or 30 years ago , with the exception of a few high school & college teams who choose to play " old school" for WHATEVER reason??????? For everybody that has both arms wrapped around the "PAST`S" ankles & is holding on for dear life, you might as well let go .Nobody coaches Forever, things WILL change.......

Hondo go ahead believe that change is what WOS needs! That my friend is your choice. As a previous poster said I do know a thing or two about coaching. For some reason when WOS wins everybody is on the bandwagon but let them loose and certain few want to say that a change is needed. From what I have seen everyone gauges their success on how they compete against the Mustangs. I feel that right there says enough about the program and coaching staff!

There is no "ONE " Right way to coach !!!!!!! And obviously" Old School" has already given way to the New School !!!!!!!! There isnt a football team in this country that plays & is coached the way the they did 20 or 30 years ago , with the exception of a few high school  & college teams who choose to play " old school" for WHATEVER reason??????? For everybody that has both arms wrapped around the "PAST`S" ankles & is holding on for dear life, you might as well let go .Nobody coaches Forever, things WILL change.......

Maybe just Maybe its cause they have winning programs! Change as you see it will not happen anytime soon. Hey they New School it over at LCM and BC!

I notice that Huffman is not 4AD2 and therefore would not be considered in the ranking for 4AD2. Just as Newton being 3A would not be in the ranking for 4AD2. If they were WOS would be ranked further back. I don't think anyone has made any proclamations about Huffman's long term accomplishments. We are aware that WOS has beaten them 2 of 3. WOS like HD plays in perhaps the weakest district in the state and is destined to amass wins year after year. This year Hardin Jefferson will upset the apple cart. 

WOS was one of the top teams in the state back in the 80s. WOS is top 5 in the region for 4AD2 and top 2 in their district. Not going to get out of the region despite the new alignment. The defeat at the hands of the much smaller Newton only serves to illustrate this point.

Aint it funny that a week ago WOS was favorited against any hypothetical game thrown out there, one loss later and the stangs are whipping boys....THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE. The stangs will be exactly where they were predicted entering the season...making another push at a state championship game in Dallas.

No one predicted a run at a state championship. The first objective for WOS to find a way to beat a non-SETX in the region. The history of WOS is that they get beat by the superior teams to the north and west. It was looking pretty good on paper before we started playing the games. Now the first concern should be district favorite Hardin Jefferson and then we can worry about the ever looming potential match ups with LaMarque and LaGrange.

No one predicted a run at a state championship. The first objective for WOS to find a way to beat a non-SETX in the region. The history of WOS is that they get beat by the superior teams to the north and west. It was looking pretty good on paper before we started playing the games. Now the first concern should be district favorite Hardin Jefferson and then we can worry about the ever looming potential match ups with LaMarque and LaGrange.

We have beat non-SETX teams in the playoffs, i.e., Columbia, Huff and Puffington to name a few. Admittedly, we ran into a couple of outstanding teams the past few years such as Navasota (could have been the most dominate team in Texas HS history), Coldspring, and Carthage (which we had a chance to beat and played them closer than anyone else). I believe we have lost to the eventual state champion the past two years. Pretty good record. Even the best programs do not go to state every year. Lamarque has only been once since 2006. Should we beat Hooterville, I think LaMarque and LaGrange would have to worry about them before we would.

How many teams get to where WOS has been the past few years. Answer: not many.

We have beat non-SETX teams in the playoffs, i.e., Columbia, Huff and Puffington to name a few. Admittedly, we ran into a couple of outstanding teams the past few years such as Navasota (could have been the most dominate team in Texas HS history), Coldspring, and Carthage (which we had a chance to beat and played them closer than anyone else). I believe we have lost to the eventual state champion the past two years. Pretty good record. Even the best programs do not go to state every year. Lamarque has only been once since 2006. Should we beat Hooterville, I think LaMarque and LaGrange would have to worry about them before we would.

How many teams get to where WOS has been the past few years. Answer: not many.

Huffman is an SETX school. And WOS is among the better SETX schools. They are not on level with Newton but they are on the short list. Across they state WOS is not in the discussion. This is evidenced by the pride that WOS feels by getting beat by eventual state champions.

I notice that Huffman is not 4AD2 and therefore would not be considered in the ranking for 4AD2. Just as Newton being 3A would not be in the ranking for 4AD2. If they were WOS would be ranked further back. I don't think anyone has made any proclamations about Huffman's long term accomplishments. We are aware that WOS has beaten them 2 of 3. WOS like HD plays in perhaps the weakest district in the state and is destined to amass wins year after year. This year Hardin Jefferson will upset the apple cart. 

WOS was one of the top teams in the state back in the 80s. WOS is top 5 in the region for 4AD2 and top 2 in their district. Not going to get out of the region despite the new alignment. The defeat at the hands of the much smaller Newton only serves to illustrate this point.

My friend, we amassed wins in 5A, 4A, and 3A so your point doesn't take. We have beaten 4A playoff schools the past few years also. Now could we compete with our numbers year in an year out with the bigger boys, probably not. To say WOS gets all it's wins because we are in a weaker district doesn't hold water. I doubt that Huff and Puffington could hang with the Nederland's and PNG's, of our area and WOS has proven that they can.

My friend, we amassed wins in 5A, 4A, and 3A so your point doesn't take. We have beaten 4A playoff schools the past few years also. Now could we compete with our numbers year in an year out with the bigger boys, probably not. To say WOS gets all it's wins because we are in a weaker district doesn't hold water. I doubt that Huff and Puffington could hang with the Nederland's and PNG's, of our area and WOS has proven that they can.

I am not sure why you think Huffman is a big concern for me. I have not been to a game since 1988 which was my last game to play in. My kids attend Northwest. Perhaps you can focus your comparison there though I am not overly attached. WOS was a power in the 80s. No question about it. In the last 20-25 years they made it out of the region twice (not a state power). Drops in classification have yielded nothing. I don't guess I understand how competing with PNG and Nederland means anything either? Newton is the only SETX school that is a state power on a year in year out basis. WOS is an SETX power. Compared to the districts outside of SETX not so much.

Huffman is an SETX school. And WOS is among the better SETX schools. They are not on level with Newton but they are on the short list. Across they state WOS is not in the discussion. This is evidenced by the pride that WOS feels by getting beat by eventual state champions.

You made my point, Huff and Puffington is an SETX school who we BEAT in the playoffs. Don't think ya'll could have handled Navasota, CS, and Carthage either. Not on the same level as Newton, lol. Newton beats us for the VERY FIRST TIME and suddenly the WOS program is not on the same level. If WOS isn't in the discussion statewide, then Huff and Puffington is not even in the discussion in the universe. Wow, sorry we take pride in having the program with the highest winning percentage in the history of Texas high school football.

Good luck to Huff and Puffington who will be playing basketball when we are still playing football.

I am not sure why you think Huffman is a big concern for me. I have not been to a game since 1988 which was my last game to play in. My kids attend Northwest. Perhaps you can focus your comparison there though I am not overly attached. WOS was a power in the 80s. No question about it. In the last 20-25 years they made it out of the region twice (not a state power). Drops in classification have yielded nothing. I don't guess I understand how competing with PNG and Nederland means anything either? Newton is the only SETX school that is a state power on a year in year out basis. WOS is an SETX power. Compared to the districts outside of SETX not so much.

:o  :o the heck u say

I will agree with you on one point, WOS should have gone further and done more with the talent that we did have the past twenty years. We have had some flameouts in the playoffs when we shouldn't have. The past several years undoubtedly we ran into not just better teams but the BEST teams in the state.