Newton 19 West Orange-Stark 7/Final

WOSgrad

Is that a good thing or a bad thing that others coaches cant coach like they coach at WOS ? I can't believe that you said that WOS would be JUST ANOTHER 500 TEAM without Thompson. anyone who makes a statement like that is cannot be trusted to be objective about anything dealing with WOS football. you have discounted the efforts of hundreds of players and a lot of coaches. sounds like one of those Penn State cult type of situations.

Believe it! I may not like the decisions being made, but I'm not going to discredit the coaching staff either! I was not taking anything away from the players but it old school coaching and sometimes it's not accepted by fans and community. But CT is one of the BEST coaches around and yes this type of coaching wouldn't make it at LCM or BC much less anywhere else.
I take it your not a fan of the current coaching staff? What I state is my own opinion, whether you like it or not it really doesn't matter. To say that I can't be trusted to make an objective statement towards WOS football is laughable! But hey that's your opinion!

Believe it! I may not like the decisions being made, but I'm not going to discredit the coaching staff either! I was not taking anything away from the players but it old school coaching and sometimes it's not accepted by fans and community. But CT is one of the BEST coaches around and yes this type of coaching wouldn't make it at LCM or BC much less anywhere else.
I take it your not a fan of the current coaching staff? What I state is my own opinion, whether you like it or not it really doesn't matter. To say that I can't be trusted to make an objective statement towards WOS football is laughable! But hey that's your opinion!

That type of coaching has worked and is still working in Newton as well.

Newton has the record and history to prove that! I was brought up by hard nose coaching and it wasn't fun but you developed a passion for the game. All I am trying to say is great coaches are to hard to come by and when you find one you need to hang on to them. A school can have tremendous athletes but if they are not disciplined and coached the right way then what you have is like an Ozen or Central. No disrespect intended!

10-4, and your opinions are generally wrong as detailed in ALL of your posts back in the summer regarding the Newton game and all corresponding discussion. It appears that WOS is having a hard time getting fat on the local SETX teams this year. Maybe the 4th or 5th best team in the region for 4AD2.

10-4, and your opinions are generally wrong as detailed in ALL of your posts back in the summer regarding the Newton game and all corresponding discussion. It appears that WOS is having a hard time getting fat on the local SETX teams this year. Maybe the 4th or 5th best team in the region for 4AD2.

lol..we beat PNG who Huffman could NOT handle, you definately could not beat Richmond Foster (close loss), and another close loss to a perennial power (although, who knows what they really are) Newton team. If you think WOs is the 4th or 5th best team your sadly mistaken.

There is no "ONE " Right way to coach !!!!!!! And obviously" Old School" has already given way to the New School !!!!!!!! There isnt a football team in this country that plays & is coached the way the they did 20 or 30 years ago , with the exception of a few high school  & college teams who choose to play " old school" for WHATEVER reason??????? For everybody that has both arms wrapped around the "PAST`S" ankles & is holding on for dear life, you might as well let go .Nobody coaches Forever, things WILL change.......

Is that a good thing or a bad thing that others coaches cant coach like they coach at WOS ? I can't believe that you said that WOS would be JUST ANOTHER 500 TEAM without Thompson. anyone who makes a statement like that is cannot be trusted to be objective about anything dealing with WOS football. you have discounted the efforts of hundreds of players and a lot of coaches. sounds like one of those Penn State cult type of situations.

I think your a little hard on ole Chuk. It would be hard for another coach to come in here and run T's 52 defense. One of the advantages we have had is the constant of the Chain Gang defense. We teach it in Lil Mustangs all the way up to high school and have for years. Several teams have talent perhaps equal or slightly less to the Mustangs in our area but are a good coach away from turning their program around. A good coach means a lot, just ask hj. A good coach can make the talent better, a bad coach and it really doesn't matter the talent level. We have gone through a lot of assistant coaches in our history, not all of them were good coaches. The one constant except for a year or so has been Cornel Thompson.

We have been blessed with a lot of kids that can really play football, but I will tell you for sure some of the best football players never played football at WOS. They didn't want to go through the conditioning he makes the players go through. Just for the record I am talking about black, white, and hispanic kids. Yes, talent will rise to the top, but it is the coach who either gives that talent a place to shine or have that talent on the bench and never see the light of day.

We are really blessed in our communities to have outstanding men teach or our kids at the peewee level. We are oustanding because we are all on the same page. Bring someone else in and that page, like it or not, does get changed and would have take some time to be adjusted to.

Your way off base with the Penn State remark.  Believe it or not, he knows a thing or two about coaches.

I've brought this up before in post and got crucified by Newton fans, they never like to hear the truth about the weak fan base . The ones that are faithful tried hard to get fans pumped during WOS game , but it really didn't work well. The horns helped ! I haven't seen it totally packed in a long time, maybe Newton vs Jasper years ago .

lol..we beat PNG who Huffman could NOT handle, you definately could not beat Richmond Foster (close loss), and another close loss to a perennial power (although, who knows what they really are) Newton team. If you think WOs is the 4th or 5th best team your sadly mistaken.

if you think Huffman is not a solid football team, then you don't pay attention to anything

Never said they weren't, what have they done against WOS and our district lately? You honestly think they could hang with in 2 td's to Png?

yes I believe they could. I believe they would give wos all they want and some this year. I'm not talking about the past, last year, or trophy cases. I'm talking this year. Huffman would give both all they want.

yes I believe they could. I believe they would give wos all they want and some this year. I'm not talking about the past, last year, or trophy cases. I'm talking this year. Huffman would give both all they want.

that remains to be seen, I have my opinion and you have yours...if you go on over to the PNG thread and tell them Huffman could beat them you can see their response. Huffman is always a quality team but they are not Coldspring, Navasota, WOS, and for that matter, they are no Hooterville Hawks imo.

that remains to be seen, I have my opinion and you have yours...if you go on over to the PNG thread and tell them Huffman could beat them you can see their response. Huffman is always a quality team but they are not Coldspring, Navasota, WOS, and for that matter, they are no Hooterville Hawks imo.

ignorance at its finest. I said they would give them all they want because you claim a blowout simply because 89falcon said something about the mighty mustangs. Am I wrong here stang?

And WOS is not Coldspring or Navasota either. Each of those two make deep playoff runs and contend for state championships. WOS gets beat as soon as they play a non-SETX team. This year WOS sits behind LaGrange, Lamarque and HJ at best. We are generally discussing this year. Though WOS has beat Huffman 2 out of 3, I think we can all be honest and admit that WOS would not want to see Huffman this year. WOS had a pretty good record against Newton prior to last week before the got stomped. They even got beat by Newton in the 4X100 this past spring. WOS was a power back in the 80s but they are the shining modern example that dropping down a classification does not guarantee success. 2 trips out of the region in 27 years.