U.S. Attorney General Holder to resign

thetragichippy

Just had a brain blurb!! My son's favorite movie when he was 3 years old or so was Lion King. There is a great parallel in that movie to what is going on here in the good ole USA and the Pride Lands of the movie. Obama's term as Presidency could be compared to "Scar's" time a King of the Pride in the Pride Lands with it results on our country. Another big problem is it apprears we do not have in the wings a "Semba" to come in to replace him and restore us back to greatness!!

Just had a brain blurb!! My son's favorite movie when he was 3 years old or so was Lion King. There is a great parallel in that movie to what is going on here in the good ole USA and the Pride Lands of the movie. Obama's term as Presidency could be compared to "Scar's" time a King of the Pride in the Pride Lands with it results on our country. Another big problem is it apprears we do not have in the wings a "Semba" to come in to replace him and restore us back to greatness!!

Huh? This really doesn't make sense to me. A) your analogy would make it seem that our country was in perfect shape when Obama came into office, which it was not (I'd have a hard time saying it was even in decent shape). B ) your analogy would make it seem that our country is in terrible shape now, which again it isn't. I don't think Obama has been good for our country, but that doesn't change the fact that things weren't good already when he took over, or the fact that all of the predictions that he was going to destroy our country aren't accurate either.

Huh? This really doesn't make sense to me. A) your analogy would make it seem that our country was in perfect shape when Obama came into office, which it was not (I'd have a hard time saying it was even in decent shape). B ) your analogy would make it seem that our country is in terrible shape now, which again it isn't. I don't think Obama has been good for our country, but that doesn't change the fact that things weren't good already when he took over, or the fact that all of the predictions that he was going to destroy our country aren't accurate either.

Predictions? How about his own predictions about uniting the country, being a leader for everyone rather than certain sectors and cutting the debt in half (because what Mr. Bush had done in the area of debt was irresponsible and unpatriotic)? The shape of the country when he entered office? Are you referring to the economic condition? If you are not, to what "shape" do you refer?

Predictions? How about his own predictions about uniting the country, being a leader for everyone rather than certain sectors and cutting the debt in half (because what Mr. Bush had done in the area of debt was irresponsible and unpatriotic)? The shape of the country when he entered office? Are you referring to the economic condition? If you are not, to what "shape" do you refer?

He made an allusion that implied that the country was perfect at the start of Obama's presidency, and is now a barren wasteland. My point in its entirety being that neither one of these is anywhere close to accurate.

He made an allusion that implied that the country was perfect at the start of Obama's presidency, and is now a barren wasteland. My point in its entirety being that neither one of these is anywhere close to accurate.

I guess that depends on one perspective - because perspective IS reality! 

Look at the number of dependents we have now, be it welfare or disabilty...by the standards of the greatest country to ever exist it's quite a barren wasteland

Look at our position globally and the amount of disrespect (or lack of fear) - by the standards of the greatest country to ever exist it's quite a barren wasteland

Look at the major setback in Christian values, the conditions of our schools, politicians, legalized drugs, gays, abortions, etc....

I could go on but only those who love and respect American values will consider these things terrible.....the rest of you see and except the direction we are headed....which is - make sure everyone feels good, hurt no ones feelings, make excuses for poor behavior/choices, and on and on and on - until we are not exceptional but equal to the rest of the world...

and that is a BARREN WASTE LAND!

I don't think that it implied perfect, but it surely implied much better in spite of the fact that it was imperfect before.  The real point was that it has noticeably declined.  You are a lot like my 17 year old daughter.  You take the extreme position when I make a comment that you don't like instead of addressing the issue, which is the noticeable deteriation, as a diversion to addressing the problem that needs to be fixed! 

Look at the number of dependents we have now, be it welfare or disabilty...by the standards of the greatest country to ever exist it's quite a barren wasteland

Look at our position globally and the amount of disrespect (or lack of fear) - by the standards of the greatest country to ever exist it's quite a barren wasteland

Look at the major setback in Christian values, the conditions of our schools, politicians, legalized drugs, gays, abortions, etc....

I could go on but only those who love and respect American values will consider these things terrible.....the rest of you see and except the direction we are headed....which is - make sure everyone feels good, hurt no ones feelings, make excuses for poor behavior/choices, and on and on and on - until we are not exceptional but equal to the rest of the world...

only conservative Christians and those who share their viewpoints love 'Murica. Yeah, I get it. But seriously, too often conservative Christians confuse conservative Christian values with "American values". Sorry, but the two are not exclusively linked.

and all that being said in the previous post, you're still doing what the original poster did... giving WAY too much credit to how things were when Obama took over, and being way too overdramatic about how bad things actually are now.

and all that being said in the previous post, you're still doing what the original poster did... giving WAY too much credit to how things were when Obama took over, and being way too overdramatic about how bad things actually are now.

Would that be similar to the way the left criticized the Bush administration long before the financial crisis occurred?