Interesting editorial from BE's Avi Zaleon

AggiesAreWe

Many recruits have been told some if these things numerous times. The future athletes to follow should pay close attention. I personally don't have a media acct, but this article gave me more insight of what to look for on my kids' acct.
Good stuff, continue to spread the word. I'll have my kids post this on theirs today

Very good article.  I completely agree with him.  Social media in the last 5 years has exploded and yes, it's a lot for some of these kids, heck even adults, to have to censor themselves but it is what it is when you are in that spotlight.

I have a friend of mine who plays in the NFL and I am friends with him on facebook.  Of course his FB blew up once he was cast into this huge spotlight.  Over the course of the last 2 years, not one time has he ever posted anything that was out of line.  In fact, everything he does post, has to do with his own success and articles that have been written about him and his teammates.  He was the same way in college. 

It is sad that we have come to the point in our country that political correctness is valued over free speech. We have become a society of whiners and cry babies. Certain topics can't even be discussed without someone crying about what was said. It is polite to watch what you say and try not hurt someone else's feelings, but it is almost impossible to not offend someone no matter what you do.
Either way, like it or not athletes are scrutinized for their behavior on and off the field. If you want to be successful and go to the next level, you have to be careful what you say and do. That is the reality we live in.

It is sad that we have come to the point in our country that political correctness is valued over free speech. We have become a society of whiners and cry babies. Certain topics can't even be discussed without someone crying about what was said. It is polite to watch what you say and try not hurt someone else's feelings, but it is almost impossible to not offend someone no matter what you do.
Either way, like it or not athletes are scrutinized for their behavior on and off the field. If you want to be successful and go to the next level, you have to be careful what you say and do. That is the reality we live in.

It has always been the reality that we live in. If people said some of the things they said today but said it a few years ago, it would have been looked down upon just like today. The difference is that at one time it was locker room talk or between a couple of people. Now for some reason people feel compelled to put their inner most thoughts or rants out for the public to see or privately record secret conversations and play them for everyone else. 

Think back at our entire lives and think of things that might have been recorded or made public that we might not want out there. It is no more looked down upon now than it was then.