Low Information Voters...

smitty

I think she meant Al Bundy!!
She is just changing the conversation again. She spends her time looking things up on the Internet and than randomly throws them out there. She doesn't even read the stories, just the headlines or talking points so she doesn't know what the story is about. That is why she doesn't answer questions or make sense when she argues.

I think she meant Al Bundy!!
She is just changing the conversation again. She spends her time looking things up on the Internet and than randomly throws them out there. She doesn't even read the stories, just the headlines or talking points so she doesn't know what the story is about. That is why she doesn't answer questions or make sense when she argues.

LOL!  Wasn't Clive fighting to protect his land?   obama told BigGirl that was wrong.  So, when she's not sure about something, she throws Clive's name out.   LMBO...

PS -- Trojan, Peggy Bundy would have made about as much sense!    :)

Sadly there are people voting for both sides that are voting for reasons that are not related to the issues or have very little information about the candidates. There were people in the last two presidential elections that voted for and against Obama because of his race. There were people who wouldn't vote for Romney because of his religion. Probably some Mormons who voted for him because of his religion also. Truth be known, if you actually gave a test (like they used in the south to keep negros from voting in the past) very few people would pass and be able to vote for either side. That is not the way our country is supposed to work. We are all supposed to be equal under the laws and our constitution. So, we will always have people voting that don't understand what they are voting for or why they are voting for it. We can only hope that this is a small percentage of the voters. The problem is that our current news media only tells the side of the story they want people to hear. So the amount of people who have factual information that is not biased is shrinking.
Now, the other problem is that the Democrats have figured out the system and are out playing the Republicans in the game of politics. They have figured out ways to gather large numbers of these voters and get them to the voting booth. It is the right of these people to vote! We cannot take that away from them. However, it is pretty sad that the Democrats will stoop to this level to support their candidates. If they actually helped these people after the election would be one thing, but they just use them and promise them things, then turn their backs on them as soon as they have got the political gain from them. It all comes down to what are you willing to do to win an election?

Sadly there are people voting for both sides that are voting for reasons that are not related to the issues or have very little information about the candidates. There were people in the last two presidential elections that voted for and against Obama because of his race. There were people who wouldn't vote for Romney because of his religion. Probably some Mormons who voted for him because of his religion also. Truth be known, if you actually gave a test (like they used in the south to keep negros from voting in the past) very few people would pass and be able to vote for either side. That is not the way our country is supposed to work. We are all supposed to be equal under the laws and our constitution. So, we will always have people voting that don't understand what they are voting for or why they are voting for it. We can only hope that this is a small percentage of the voters. The problem is that our current news media only tells the side of the story they want people to hear. So the amount of people who have factual information that is not biased is shrinking.
Now, the other problem is that the Democrats have figured out the system and are out playing the Republicans in the game of politics. They have figured out ways to gather large numbers of these voters and get them to the voting booth. It is the right of these people to vote! We cannot take that away from them. However, it is pretty sad that the Democrats will stoop to this level to support their candidates. If they actually helped these people after the election would be one thing, but they just use them and promise them things, then turn their backs on them as soon as they have got the political gain from them. It all comes down to what are you willing to do to win an election?

Everything in the first paragraphs of this post is absolutely correct. And it's not that the last paragraph is incorrect...I would respond that the republicans have done the same thing by emphasizing hot button issues (and even getting them on ballots as referendums) in election years. But I would agree that although they are also "playing the game," they have gotten outplayed in recent years.

Part of the problem with the current administration is that it is far too reliant on academia and not sufficiently reliant on practical experience.  Dr. Jeremy Siegel of the Wharton School of Business,is  a great educator about the business world.  However, if I was starting a business, and I had to choose between him and Steve Jobs to run it, I am more than confident that choosing Mr. Jobs would provide a better result.

Sorry facts don't support your "theory" Smitty! As any academic would tell you when your thesis fails to have a factual basis, back to the drawing board!!

What was incorrect was your presumptions.  Connect the dots and you might understand what we mean concerning Low Information Voters.  With the things that you said, you are slightly incorrect.  Watch the videos again.  Especially the second one.  You might be able to "connect the dots" if you do!

Smitty, in all fairness, the video about the Sacramento protest.....I don't think any of those people are affiliated with anyone. They are just stupid people and they are everywhere. Stick a mike in lots of people's faces and they get brain farts. It is comical that none of them could really tell you why they were there. The black dude was drunk and wanted to start some crap. The rest were lost souls. I really don't know how some people get to work. Their cars must know the way.

TxHoops- in regard to your link about the 9 of the 10 poorest states being red:

Did you read the part that said " However, the Census Bureaus  supplementary poverty measure tries to adjust for some of the geographical cost differences.  So while, under the bureau's standard poverty measure nine of the 10 poorest states are Red, the latest Supplemental Poverty Measure CHANGES that ranking SIGNIFICANTLY.

Part of that "supplemental adjustment takes into consideration a familys government assistance--such as food stamps, housing assistance and tax credits for the poor--as income, further complicating the matter.

States where a lot of poor people are getting government assistance may look less poor in the supplemental ranking.

One other interesting item to note.  Of the ten states with the highest debt problems, 9 of them were blue states.  So, if we draw conclusions about these stats, it would seem we should conclude that the 9 of the ten poorest states voted for Romney and 9 of  the ten states that are the worst stewards of the taxpayers money voted for Obama.

Smitty, in all fairness, the video about the Sacramento protest.....I don't think any of those people are affiliated with anyone. They are just stupid people and they are everywhere. Stick a mike in lots of people's faces and they get brain farts. It is comical that none of them could really tell you why they were there. The black dude was drunk and wanted to start some crap. The rest were lost souls. I really don't know how some people get to work. Their cars must know the way.

baddog, this video was for a specific purpose to help some "connect the dots."  It was leading some where.  These Liberals where apparently part of Occupy Wall Street.  Someone, no doubt, paid them to be there.  But, it's not what they were or were not doing was the point.  The point is -- they didn't have a clue why they were there.  This is the philosophy of a "Low Information Voter!   This was just used as an example.  Now, can you one make the argument that these clowns would vote Democrat?  Well, I think one would be correct in that argument!

Part of the problem with the current administration is that it is far too reliant on academia and not sufficiently reliant on practical experience. Dr. Jeremy Siegel of the Wharton School of Business,is a great educator about the business world. However, if I was starting a business, and I had to choose between him and Steve Jobs to run it, I am more than confident that choosing Mr. Jobs would provide a better result.

I would rather have someone who is not dead.

Good post.

And those states also aren't so mired in debt that they may never get out.  I just report em also.

Mr. Jobs, regardless of his political predilection, was a terrific entrepreneur with the results as documentation.

The point, which you either missed or were unable to dispute, was that this President relies too much on academia and too little on practical experience.  That also is a fact .