Enlightened/chosenone

stevenash

With all of the great topics being discussed lately, I am shocked/dismayed that you have not bloviated to the commoners on here. Have you been banned again?

Unlike most of you commoners here, I work in one of the most competitive and lucrative industries. I don't have time to live on a message board discussing politics and economics with small town folk

Wow!!! You are rich. You are smart. You work in one of the most competitive and and lucrative industries( no doubt you dominate your competition) Your political affilation is a secret. You've got the whole situation under control. Thanks for taking the time to wax eloquently to the commoners today.

My party affiliation isn't a secret. You're just too stubborn to see that there can be a middle ground.

It's called being a "moderate". You mix in a little bit of both parties.

I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

Groundbreaking revelation right?

I'm glad I can be of assistance to the small town folk here today. Stay tuned and I'll try to educate you commoners more often.

Wow!!! You are rich. You are smart. You work in one of the most competitive and and lucrative industries( no doubt you dominate your competition) Your political affilation is a secret. You've got the whole situation under control. Thanks for taking the time to wax eloquently to the commoners today.

My party affiliation isn't a secret. You're just too stubborn to see that there can be a middle ground.

I'm glad I can be of assistance to the small town folk here today. Stay tuned and I'll try to educate you commoners more often.

The audacity of someone to be a little liberal and a little conservative. Conservative is the only way on this board brother!

Its really odd, because Enlightened/chosen has been on this board under several other names and, each time before he was banned, he went on liberal rants from both a fiscal and social standpoint.  Now he suddenly has a new name and a new outlook.  Kinda reminds me of our President when he spoke of attacking this deficit with a "balanced approach" (implying that he wanted tax hikes and spending cuts)  Well, I am experiencing the tax hikes but the spending cuts just don't seem to have materialized.  But, saying "balanced" sure sounded good and so does "moderate".  One more thing that really sounds good:  " If you like your doctor/healthcare plan, you can keep it".  One of these days we will elect someone based on substance rather than symbolism. 

Only things in the "middle of the road" are yellow strips and dead armadillos!      ;) 

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  RaiderFan. you must remember, though, just how good the word Moderate sounds to people.  It makes them believe they are independent, objective , unbiased and never swayed by anything ( except when the kool aid comes along)  They believe in terms like President Obamas "balanced approach to resolving our fiscal issues even though the part of balanced that has occurred has been the tax hikes while the spending has been ignored)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D RaiderFan. you must remember, though, just how good the word Moderate sounds to people. It makes them believe they are independent, objective , unbiased and never swayed by anything ( except when the kool aid comes along) They believe in terms like President Obamas "balanced approach to resolving our fiscal issues even though the part of balanced that has occurred has been the tax hikes while the spending has been ignored)

Moderate is a good thing. Although any term describing someone who doesn't believe everything western journalism puts out is a bad word to some on this site. There are plenty of koolaid drinkers on both sides. I think it's funny that republicans and democrats think anyone who chooses not to drink their flavor on every issue is the one that's the sheep.

Moderate is a good thing. Although any term describing someone who doesn't believe everything western journalism puts out is a bad word to some on this site. There are plenty of koolaid drinkers on both sides. I think it's funny that republicans and democrats think anyone who chooses not to drink their flavor on every issue is the one that's the sheep.

A moderate wets his/her finger and sticks it in the air to see which the winds is blowing.  Meaning moderates are followers.  Never a thought of their own.  Even the Bible talks against being in the middle of the road. 

Moderate is a good thing if one is, by definition, a moderate.  My guess is, that, in a political sense, moderate is a euphemism for disguised lefty or righty.  I wonder if there are any Al Qaeda members who describe themselves as "moderate" Al Qaeda members?   I would further guess that Anthony Weiner considered himself a moderate user of social media. Claiming moderation and living it are vastly different.

Moderate is a good thing if one is, by definition, a moderate.  My guess is, that, in a political sense, moderate is a euphemism for disguised lefty or righty.  I wonder if there are any Al Qaeda members who describe themselves as "moderate" Al Qaeda members?   I would further guess that Anthony Weiner considered himself a moderate user of social media. Claiming moderation and living it are vastly different.

Steve, you are right.  It's a disguise.  Usually trying to hide their leftest views.   Not sure if I have heard here someone say "I'm a moderate" and have "right" view.   No reason to be ashamed on the right!   ;)

No, moderate is not a good thing.

Moderates don't have a strong opinion about issues because they either don't know anything about issues or they don't care.

Neither one is good because they vote just like the those that actually do have an opinion.

Wow really because somebody have a mind of there own and don't just blindly support someone because of a R or D in front there name something must be wrong with them.

This isn't about an R or D thing.

There are lots of things that the Republicans do that i disagree with...only problem is the alternative at the ballot box is a Democrat.

A moderate wets his/her finger and sticks it in the air to see which the winds is blowing. Meaning moderates are followers. Never a thought of their own. Even the Bible talks against being in the middle of the road.

You've made references to this belief before. You simply toe the party line and have no individual thoughts or opinions, merely doing and believing what your party tells you to do. That's fine, but to criticize someone for daring to form their own opinions and beliefs is asinine.

Steve, you are right. It's a disguise. Usually trying to hide their leftest views. Not sure if I have heard here someone say "I'm a moderate" and have "right" view. No reason to be ashamed on the right! ;)

There are plenty of moderates on the right. You just simply dismiss any republican who doesn't share your radically right beliefs as a "democrat in disguise".

You've made references to this belief before. You simply toe the party line and have no individual thoughts or opinions, merely doing and believing what your party tells you to do. That's fine, but to criticize someone for daring to form their own opinions and beliefs is asinine.

Moderates have no beliefs of their own.  Otherwise they wouldn't be called moderates.   They go whichever way the wind blows.  Answer me this:  Can you go to the library and find books on the "Great Moderates" in history?

Again -- even the Bible talks against being in the middle of the road.  That ought to tell you something.  Well, to some of us anyway!    ;)

Moderates have no beliefs of their own.  Otherwise they wouldn't be called moderates.   They go whichever way the wind blows.  Answer me this:  Can you go to the library and find books on the "Great Moderates" in history?

Again -- even the Bible talks against being in the middle of the road.  That ought to tell you something.  Well, to some of us anyway!    ;)

as the saying goes....You gotta stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.