Lufkin 7 on 7 SQT Saturday June, 7th

Guest Farmer Fran

I'll tell y'all what idk about now but when Vidor played Crosby in the playoffs they weren't really showing the "class" that I expect from them. Personal fouls late in the game. Talking back to some of the Vidor fans late in the game. Hopefully that kind of behavior has been addressed and changed.

That's exactly what I mean. Talking BACK to the Vidor fans. What were Vidor fans talking to Crosby players for in the first place? You can't pass judgement on them after they're provoked. The game was so long ago I barely remember but I do think I told you back then you would still be talking about that bi-district win for the next 5 years because y'all wouldn't have another one. Time is ticking MyTwo, time is ticking. In the mean time congratulations, Vidor is still he only team east of the Trinity to beat Crosby in the first round the last six years. Way it's looking right now on 2100 though, it'll be the only first round loss in about 10 years.

I am the farthest thing from a crosby cougar fan. In fact we are at each other's throats all year long. But u show me man that says their highschool football team has never had players with attitudes that talk smack to other players and other fans and I will show u a liar. No one can say theit team is perfect. I have met many crosby players and for the most part they are good kids. There are some sour apples just like any football program.

I seriously doubt PN-G is mad about last season, as we're looking forward to a GREAT season. Don't be mad you can't get past us in 7 on 7's. :ph34r: Its not even a real game. If you still have to brag about last season, that's just sad, seeing as how you hit a brick wall in round 2. Lets not talk about the past, the Cougs DO NOT have a winning record against the Indians. ;)

#cougarcoats  :D

Why did you get banned ?

If I give my opinion on Dayton's trigger man you're reasonable enough to realize for the most part it's right on so you're response is usually something like, "yeah, but he's improving and will be good enough to start whipping Crosby's butt again". Never made one excuse though, I can feel that. Same with SC, BH, or even Ned supporters, you know, teams that usually win(BH usually has excuses but Smokin' fixes them).

I follow recruiting extremely closely so I used to give my opinions about kids vs other kids on the recruiting trail and when my cub switches from milk to meat I would expect the same, whatever your opinion is. Some people think the truth is bashing though so I just let them have it. Even though the recruiters seem to agree with me as you can see from the offers after the Spring evaluation period to the '15s, '16s, and some special '17s.

It's going to be a long year for the Cougars.  Y'all been living high on the hog with the twins and that receiver and now you have to come back down to earth.  Might have a eat a little Humble Pie this year.  PNG won't be the only fans to rub you guys the wrong way this year.  It's going to sting a little to go from dominating to being dominated.  Good Luck.

My husband played football for PN-G, he said that there wasn't a Friday night he didn't come home with bruises and bite marks. Im not talking about the bruises you get in the normal course of a game. Im talking about being in a pile and having someone trying to dislocate your private parts from the rest of your body, or someone pushing off on your face to leverage themselves off the ground, or flat out biting. Every Team, Every Game. Im sure he was no angel either, and I happen to know for a fact that he was raised right. These aren't kids, they are young adults, they drive and a lot of them have jobs. They are competitive and lack some common sense. Every team puts some on the field every year.

why is everyone crying about trash talking? every team does it, it isn't a surprise to me at all. I  know PNG got kicked out last years tournament with the skirmish with GCM. I myself know that when PNG played Manvel I saw my team do some things that had I been a coach I would have kicked him off the team, but not knowing what is going on in the trenches and being said, all I can do is speculate. In that game I watched a lineman for us pancake one of the marker umpires , and  on another play kick a manvel player dead square in his jewels. I could nt believe what I saw and the sad thing is it did happen. Im quite sure there is a lot of jawing going on . would love to have players from both sides miked up just to hear how innocent all of our kids are. im sure there would be some serious beat downs by all of us parents. Now as far as friendly smack talk, last year with the twins they were the better team I don't deny that. knew it before we ever played a down. That was last year, this year it has been very interesting in both games we played with PNG on top. Been saying all along I want to meet Crosby in the playoffs with all that D1 talent and return the favor from last year. Seems to me that we are very evenly matched as to personnel.  With that being said, Friday night football cant get here soon enough. I can rest assured you every team has that bad apple, no one is perfect, so why point the fingers, its just 7 on 7. I don't expect the real jawing to come until they put the pads on.

It's going to be a long year for the Cougars.  Y'all been living high on the hog with the twins and that receiver and now you have to come back down to earth.  Might have a eat a little Humble Pie this year.  PNG won't be the only fans to rub you guys the wrong way this year.  It's going to sting a little to go from dominating to being dominated.  Good Luck.

You obviously know nothing about Crosby football. We went to the playoffs 6 years straight before the Twins and actually made it to the 3rd round a time or two and I believe that was playing D1. I remember one playoff blowout to Montgomery, but the Twin teams were blown out of every second round game we played. Other than Austin hanging a big number we've won 10 games and put up 5k yards before, even led 4A in ypg one year and we grow 1k yard backs and big receivers on trees. Talent pool is deep over here as you can tell from some of the juniors to be with offers already, Crosby could talent or coach their way to the playoffs with the competition we face. SETX's 5a programs are a far cry from FB county.

P.S. - PNG beat us last year in 7 on 7 too I believe. A few months later we caught up with them in BH playing Cherokee while they were down almost 30 and getting their players blocked into benches. I'll take that again if that's what stinging is.

I know something on Crosby football & so called loaded/re-loaded every year on trees.Last 9 yrs Crosby beat Dayt(2) times=2013 33-27  2009  28-0.Dayt k/oed Coogs in bi-dist 05=49-7  06=35-0  07=49-7.Over 9 yrs Dayt scored 327 points vs Crosby & the Cougars scored 137 & rarely a Dayt player makes a pre-season list of top caliber pics.Differance maker=special teams play=no game stats=scoreboard.We never play 7 on 7 or nominate a kid for a all-star game,Dayt is team or no team :D

I know something on Crosby football & so called loaded/re-loaded every year on trees.Last 9 yrs Crosby beat Dayt(2) times=2013 33-27 2009 28-0.Dayt k/oed Coogs in bi-dist 05=49-7 06=35-0 07=49-7.Over 9 yrs Dayt scored 327 points vs Crosby & the Cougars scored 137 & rarely a Dayt player makes a pre-season list of top caliber pics.Differance maker=special teams play=no game stats=scoreboard.We never play 7 on 7 or nominate a kid for a all-star game,Dayt is team or no team :D

46 games = 29 Dayton wins > 16 Crosby wins + 1 tie. Jerry Stewart @ 15-2 = 13 wins = series advantage. Dayton's biggest wins/best teams both with top caliber preseason kids in Green + Dugat. Dayton program - Stew x Crosby + Riordan = we'll see from now on.