BEDELMON'S PICK OF THE YEAR.....

No we played Tatum who was top 5 in the state and did good in the first half but were just over matched by a better team. But we will be returning several starters from last year and should be better this year. I'm not saying Kountze will win but Kountze will not get destroyed.

Those are very valid points. Maybe I over stepped the gun when I used the word destroy. Kountze will hold there own but IMO they will fall a few points short of a victory. HJ only lost a few offensive guys as well plus they have matured a year in the slot t offense which is hard to defend if you don't see it regularly. And they did go 3 rounds deep and they have the 3A coach of the year in Dubois. Plus they are 3A and Kountze is 2A. That's why I see HJ coming out with the victory.

Those are very valid points. Maybe I over stepped the gun when I used the word destroy. Kountze will hold there own but IMO they will fall a few points short of a victory. HJ only lost a few offensive guys as well plus they have matured a year in the slot t offense which is hard to defend if you don't see it regularly. And they did go 3 rounds deep and they have the 3A coach of the year in Dubois. Plus they are 3A and Kountze is 2A. That's why I see HJ coming out with the victory.

Now THAT is a valid prediction.  Honestly, I can see that game going either way.  I think it will be a lot closer than some may think and I won't be shocked in Kountze pulls the upset.  If HJ doesn't come in expecting a battle, they could easily lose this one.  However, I think Coach Dubois will have them prepared for battle and this one goes down to the wire.

HJ should be ashamed of themselves if they lose more than 3 games next year. That schedule looks like a bunch of scrimmages until you play WOS. SMH!!! Team full of seniors, if you dont go at least 3 rds deep, I would raise my hand again to close that barn you call a stadium.

Guest Farmer Fran

HJ should be ashamed of themselves if they lose more than 3 games next year. That schedule looks like a bunch of scrimmages until you play WOS. SMH!!! Team full of seniors, if you dont go at least 3 rds deep, I would raise my hand again to close that barn you call a stadium.

I do not agree on their schedule being scrimmages.
I see a 6-4 record with 3 possible losses in non district (Jasper. Tatum, & LCM) Kountze will not be a pushover
and their only district loss will be to WO-S.
Coach DuBois made his first non district schedule a pretty salty one.

Aug. 29 - at Jasper, 7:30pm

Sept. 5 - at Beaumont Kelly, 7:00pm

Sept. 12 - Kountze, 7:30pm

Sept. 19 - Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 7:30pm

Sept. 26 - Center, 7:30pm

Oct. 3 - at Tatum, 7:00pm

Oct. 10 - Orangefield, 7:30pm*

Oct. 17 - at Hamshire-Fannett, 7:30pm*

Oct. 24 - OPEN

Oct. 31 - West Orange-Stark, 7:30pm*

Nov. 7 - at Liberty, 7:30pm*

Guest Farmer Fran

HJ will be too big for WOS, LCM, Tatum, and Jasper... HJ will be too strong for WOS, LCM, Tatum, and Jasper... HJ will be too fast for WOS, LCM, Tatum, and Jasper... WHAT IT DO??????

HJ to fast??? :lol: :lol: :lol:  You ought to take your standup comedy act on tour because that was dang near the funniest thing I have ever heard.

Delusion is running wild with bedelmon :rolleyes:

I will say this, my oldest will be a Jr. my second son will be a freshman. Both have been playing since 7th grade. Previous years of off season have been, well to put it bluntly, OFF.

Now we got a taste of the Dubois off season training last year with Coach being the new hire but this year's off season HANDS DOWN has been a HUGE difference. In the years past I would bring my boys to off season workouts maybe see 8-10 guys (usually always the same ones) but this year the weight room is PACKED from freshmen to seniors girls and boys, each helping one another out assuring that "We Are All In".

HJ really got stuffed by EC. Our 2A Bucs held the HJ rushing game to just 123 yards and 7 points.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/default/article/East-Chambers-contains-Hardin-Jefferson-4841908.php

Yes you did... Great job LAST YEAR.... You need to thank the good Lord above you did not get put on our schedule this year... We were still learning the basics last year when we played you guys.... We will be a tad bit better this year.... Just a tad...

I will say this, my oldest will be a Jr. my second son will be a freshman. Both have been playing since 7th grade. Previous years of off season have been, well to put it bluntly, OFF.

Now we got a taste of the Dubois off season training last year with Coach being the new hire but this year's off season HANDS DOWN has been a HUGE difference. In the years past I would bring my boys to off season workouts maybe see 8-10 guys (usually always the same ones) but this year the weight room is PACKED from freshmen to seniors girls and boys, each helping one another out assuring that "We Are All In".

I don't think many people on here don't believe that HJ will be an improved team but even less feel they have a very legitimate chance against this years WOS team.

I don't think many people on here don't believe that HJ will be an improved team but even less feel they have a very legitimate chance against this years WOS team.

I agree with that and I am honest enough to say if HJ beats WOS it will be a huge upset. I am realistic to know the power house that is WOS, and I honestly can not name a school in our area from 1a to 6a that would not be an underdog to WOS. The game will be played and my only hopes are the HJ boys leave it all on the field and give it their best shot because every now and then the champ takes an unexpecting blow to the chin and finds himself on the canvas.