Stan Hodges new AD/HC at Hull-Daisetta!

Stan Hodges will look to build on the stellar revamped program Josh Finney built. Coach Hodges has won a 5A State Football Championship at Converse Judson and Coached in 35 playoff games. Most recently Coach Hodges turned around a Kountze program that had a 16 year losing streak and 30 year playoff birth drought. Stan Hodges also Coached WOS as an OC. Coach Hodges Coached at HD in 1995 under Russell Roberts. HD Nation got a good one! Welcome back! 

Can you explain your assertion that he turned the Kountze program around? Just asking not trying to stir anything.

My senior year was his first year.. We didn't win a game.. Next year we finished a game out of the playoffs! Also was the same year we pulled the huge upset over EC when they had tramain Thomas .. And next year I think was the same with us finishing a game out of third again.

In 2005 he coached Kountze high school, and in four years was successfully able to lead them to their first back to back winning seasons in thirty four years!

2007 record:  7-3

*24-2A Coach of the Year Honors (first winning season in 16 years) *Army Strong Team of the Week by Defeating #10 ranked team East Chambers for the first time in school history!        

I'm not trying to get into this conversation about Coach Hodges. The statement that Kountze beat EC in 2007 for the first time in school history is not correct. Kountze beat EC in 1972 24-0. That is the only year I looked at. (I remembered Kountze making the playoffs around that time.) I don't know if that's the only other time Kountze has beaten EC, and I'm not inclined to do further research...unless provoked of course. :)

Guest ECBucFan

Kountze DID beat EC, when Tremaine Thomas was injured and literally could not even walk before the game. Against all odds, he suited up and badly limped through the game, until the 3rd quarter (I think) when he went down on the ground in pain. A Kountze player ran over and did a taunting dance right in his face while still hurt and lying on the ground. From time to time, you still see that "big win" brought up by some here.

EC recovered, stomped Hardin the next week, and went on to the playoffs, Kountze did not.  

Regardless, good luck to HD and their new coach in the coming year.

Kountze DID beat EC, when Tremaine Thomas was injured and literally could not even walk before the game. Against all odds, he suited up and badly limped through the game, until the 3rd quarter (I think) when he went down on the ground in pain. A Kountze player ran over and did a taunting dance right in his face while still hurt and lying on the ground. From time to time, you still see that "big win" brought up by some here.

EC recovered, stomped Hardin the next week, and went on to the playoffs, Kountze did not.

Regardless, good luck to HD and their new coach in the coming year.

Lol

Coach Hodges will be ran out of Daisetta,TX soon just like the rest of the old coaches. Crazy how the Superintendent let go of Joe Slack in 2012, got Finney and wouldn't keep him as the coach by raising his salary.

You are terribly misinformed.  Finney's move had nothing to do with his salary, as evidenced by the fact that he didn't leave for another coaching job.  Sometimes family issues spring up and you have to man up and do what you have to do .  That's what he did and I applaud him for it.  Coach Hodges will be fine.

You are terribly misinformed.  Finney's move had nothing to do with his salary, as evidenced by the fact that he didn't leave for another coaching job.  Sometimes family issues spring up and you have to man up and do what you have to do .  That's what he did and I applaud him for it.  Coach Hodges will be fine.

You are correct regarding Finney Scatright. I agree Coach Hodges will be fine.

Guess we will see in 2014 football season don't say I told you so. The right price would of kept Finney coaching regardless. Have you ever heard of money talks HD Bobcat 55? I'm sure one of those oil field rigs you work at could possibly answer that theory 😁😁😁😁😁