fox news anchor arrested

Big girl

Westend- its good that you are in better shape 6 years ago- can you honestly tell me that the reason you were in worse shape then is attributable to  Bush policies  and you are in better shape now due to the policies of Obama?

I think I have said before. It doesn't matter who is in office. if you agree, quit trying to blame the current ills on Obama. if the presidency matters, then give him credit. You cant have it both ways.

Its because of the cyclicality of the economy.  You get periods of growth followed by periods of contraction , and the cycle repeats itself.  It has done so for years.  This "recovery" is the weakest in 70 years and GDP is running at about half of what the average post recession recovery runs.  So I suggest to you that the things you perceive as good could be a lot better.  Or, better yet, the good things that you perceive are happening in spite of the Presidents policies rather than as a result of them.  But if you insist that someone in political office should get credit, I am sure you will gladly honor Governor Perry because Texas has one of the strongest economies in the nation and it is based on less regulation and lower taxes, both of which are the opposite of the Federal Policies.  If you think higher taxes and more regulations ( as Mr. Obama prefers) works, just compare the economies of Texas and California.   In March of 2014, Beaumont unemployment rate is 5.3%   In March of 2008, Beaumont unemployment rate was 5.2%

Its because of the cyclicality of the economy. You get periods of growth followed by periods of contraction , and the cycle repeats itself. It has done so for years. This "recovery" is the weakest in 70 years and GDP is running at about half of what the average post recession recovery runs. So I suggest to you that the things you perceive as good could be a lot better. Or, better yet, the good things that you perceive are happening in spite of the Presidents policies rather than as a result of them. But if you okinsist that someone in political office should get credit, I am sure you will gladly honor Governor Perry because Texas has one of the strongest economies in the nation and it is based on less regulation and lower taxes, both of which are the opposite of the Federal Policies. If you think higher taxes and more regulations ( as Mr. Obama prefers) works, just compare the economies of Texas and California. In March of 2014, Beaumont unemployment rate is 5.3% In March of 2008, Beaumont unemployment rate was 5.2%

texas has a bunch of minimum wage jobs that dont offer any benefits. The less regulation part is dangerous. Rick perry was bragging, he stated that Texas has minimum regulations; therefore, companies should move their businesses to Texas. Three days later, west texas was blown off of the map. The EPA was started because a river was so polluted it caught on fire (true story) 13 times. Google river catches on fire 13 times.

Rick Perry proved that he is an idiot when he ran for president. He graduated from texas a $ m with a degree in animal science. He had a 2.1 GPA which is quite impressive if he was running for the head of animal control. President Obama graduated from Harvard law with honors. You cant logically compare the two. Hell I graduated from texas A&m with a 3.0 in public health and later received my Bachelor's degree in nursing, graduating with honors. My credentials are better than Perry's. I am in the process of entering school to receive a msn so that I can become a nurse practitioner.

Rick Perry proved that he is an idiot when he ran for president. He graduated from texas a $ m with a degree in animal science. He had a 2.1 GPA which is quite impressive if he was running for the head of animal control. President Obama graduated from Harvard law with honors. You cant logically compare the two. Hell I graduated from texas A&m with a 3.0 in public health and later received my Bachelor's degree in nursing, graduating with honors. My credentials are better than Perry's. I am in the process of entering school to receive a msn so that I can become a nurse practitioner.

Congrats on your degree's. I have a buddy that is a NP and that is really the future. Hopefully Texas will pass the law that you do not need a Doctor to sign off to run your own business.

Now, to my point....

Degree's give you knowledge, show commitment but do not make you more intelligent or automatically better at your job. I have no degree and have been managing large businesses since I was 24, and I am currently 48. I have trained college grads only to see them fail because a Business Degree only gives you the tools.....you have to know what to do with them to make them work.

While I don't agree with everything Perry has done or stands for, He has ran Texas pretty good.

Oh Yea......What do all these people have in common? Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Benjamin Franklin, Dave Thomas(founder of Wendy's), Davis Green(Founder of Hobby Lobby), Henry Ford, Michael Dell, Simon Cowell......

No College Degree........and there are MANY more.....

BIll Gates and Steve Jobs.  No college degrees.  Much more success than most.  Dont get too hung up on college degrees.  Another problem with the current administration is that most of those running come from Academia rather than the real world.  When you get a chance, google LONG TERM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT.  It was operated largely by several Nobel Laureates and was full of PHDs.  It went bankrupt and was very close to causing a panic such as we had in 2008 for which you love to credit to George Bush.(even though nothing could be further from the truth).It took a consortium of many major Wall Street investment bankds to fund the multibillion-dollar bailout.