Ghost Of Richard Nixon?!

smitty

Republicans base dying quick ...so now they act like the whole u.s is just ignorant for not voting for the party that's put us in a pointless war and led us into a recession... yes because we only vote dems for food stamps

"led us into a recession"?  Please elaborate. 

Republicans base dying quick ...so now they act like the whole u.s is just ignorant for not voting for the party that's put us in a pointless war and led us into a recession... yes because we only vote dems for food stamps

Here is a breakdown of federal spending in 2007...maybe if we weren't spending money on the items in red we wouldn't have entered a recession (led by Franks and Dodd I might add)

Regardless of who led us there, Obama has kept us there.

• $586.1 billion (+7.0%) - Social Security
  • $548.8 billion (+9.0%) - Defense[2]
  • $394.5 billion (+12.4%) - Medicare
  • $294.0 billion (+2.0%) - Unemployment and welfare
  • $276.4 billion (+2.9%) - Medicaid and other health related
  • $243.7 billion (+13.4%) - Interest on debt
  • $89.9 billion (+1.3%) - Education and training
  • $76.9 billion (+8.1%) - Transportation
  • $72.6 billion (+5.8%) - Veterans' benefits
  • $43.5 billion (+9.2%) - Administration of justice
  • $33.1 billion (+5.7%) - Natural resources and environment
  • $32.5 billion (+15.4%) - Foreign affairs
  • $27.0 billion (+3.7%) - Agriculture
  • $26.8 billion (+28.7%) - Community and regional development
  • $25.0 billion (+4.0%) - Science and technology
  • $20.5 billion (+0.8%) - Energy
  • $20.1 billion (+11.4%) - General government

So are you saying we don't need to spend money on education which is only up 1.3%.

please elaborate...of all people our teachers have one of the most important jobs of all....."teaching our future leaders"

my main concern is GENERAL GOVERNMENT up 11.4% and foreign affairs up 15.4% along with the others in RED

So are you saying we don't need to spend money on education which is only up 1.3%.

please elaborate...of all people our teachers have one of the most important jobs of all....."teaching our future leaders"

my main concern is GENERAL GOVERNMENT up 11.4% and foreign affairs up 15.4% along with the others in RED

That is exactly what I am saying...the fed gov has no business in the education business.

The ISDs and states can handle the education of their kids just fine without any interference from the fed gov.

According to Obamas original campaign promises, unemployment would be at 5.5% by the end of his first term and the deficit would be cut in half. Neither of those predictions were anywhere close to being accurate. Sure the unemployment rate is improving but not because of Obama economic policies but rather in spite of them. Unemployment should have been where it is now about 3 years ago in a normal recovery.

true character of a man is when he can admit when he's wrong and as well admit when his leader is wrong.....

Bush and Cheney never have. Reagan didn't when over 200 people were killed in an embassy attack in 1983. He was told by his secretary of defense not to send anyone to Beirut. What do you guys think about them?

That is exactly what I am saying...the fed gov has no business in the education business.

The ISDs and states can handle the education of their kids just fine without any interference from the fed gov.

The states are not doing a good job. Perry cut funding to Texas schools a few years ago. A lot of teachers were laid off as a result. My son was in a class with 31 students, which is ridiculous.

6.3 should have happened several years ago, so yes, it has happened in spite of the way the country has been managed.  A normal recovery has a GDP in the 4% to 5% area and this recovery has been running at about half that.  If one understands that an economy is cyclical, it will eventually correct whatever excesses are present at any one particular time.  It does not take a brain surgeon to know that when you have an anemic recovery, raising tax rates is COUNTERPRODUCTIVE.  There has never been a recession from which we didnt recover, but the rate at which that recovery takes place varies considerably.  Would you care to guess how this "rate" of recovery compares to others? 

Just stop and consider all the federal government do. If the government ever shut down. You all would beg for it back

yes they would. I thinking whining and complaining is therapeutic for them. I am glad they are releasing their pent up frustrations..

Just stop and consider all the federal government do. If the government ever shut down. You all would beg for it back

And there's the problem...too many folks depend on the fed gov for everything they need.

And the fed gov has shut down several times...don't remember too much devastation occurring.

No sense arguing with them Raiderfan.  Many believe that the government is the solution to all problems and you simply raise taxes on the producers when the government loses/runs out of money (which is a daily occurance)  What they fail to grasp is that as the government gets bigger, the number of those totally dependent on the government grows and the number of producers gets smaller.  All one needs to do is look at Greece to see how well that theory works.  Solyndra is one of many examples that show just how efficient the government is when it comes to business.

And there's the problem...too many folks depend on the fed gov for everything they need.

And the fed gov has shut down several times...don't remember too much devastation occurring.

You can't think what these politicians call a government shut down is a true government shutdown.

No sense arguing with them Raiderfan.  Many believe that the government is the solution to all problems and you simply raise taxes on the producers when the government loses/runs out of money (which is a daily occurance)  What they fail to grasp is that as the government gets bigger, the number of those totally dependent on the government grows and the number of producers gets smaller.  All one needs to do is look at Greece to see how well that theory works.  Solyndra is one of many examples that show just how efficient the government is when it comes to business.

Sad but true.

You can't think what these politicians call a government shut down is a true government shutdown.

You are right and proving my point...when they call it a shutdown and send hundreds of thousands of employees home and the nation continues to function because they keep the essential employees at work...hmmm...seems they may be a tad bloated.

then lets hire about 100,000 more 9-11 folks and promise them oversized pensions, free healthcare, etc etc etc just so you can never hear the words please hold. How will you pay for it? Don't tell me- raise taxes on the rich who arent paying their fair share

just think on it

You are right and proving my point...when they call it a shutdown and send hundreds of thousands of employees home and the nation continues to function because they keep the essential employees at work...hmmm...seems they may be a tad bloated.

Exactly.  We are still under the last sequestration as far as I know and everything is still turning.