Mental Giants...

smitty

Another fine example of Washington forcing laws and regs on the public but grandly excluding themselves. If anyone needs flatulence control, it’s Washington. :)

Welcome back Smitty. I thought you were one of those who was “accidentally” band during the changeover.

Another fine example of Washington forcing laws and regs on the public but grandly excluding themselves. If anyone needs flatulence control, it’s Washington. :)

Welcome back Smitty. I thought you were one of those who was “accidentally” band during the changeover.

It's a voluntary program. Who new a cow let off as much methane in a day as a car? Kind of a silly issue, but a perfect example of the types of articles that Smitty posts that I mentioned in the other thread.

Good one Nash. However, I think the solution would be to house all cattle and horses. Then set up some expensive methane retrieving system whereby the final step would be to somehow introduce it into our gasoline products. We could go a step further by retrieving from our very own fart fans which are now city code. It could also be bottled and burned in your Coleman stoves and lanterns. The oil companies should love it.

It would also come pre-scented.

Good one Nash. However, I think the solution would be to house all cattle and horses. Then set up some expensive methane retrieving system whereby the final step would be to somehow introduce it into our gasoline products. We could go a step further by retrieving from our very own fart fans which are now city code. It could also be bottled and burned in your Coleman stoves and lanterns. The oil companies should love it.

It would also come pre-scented.

Well conceived, sir. Now all we have to decide is whether we let the IRS manage the program or revive Solyndra to handle it.

Looks like they're trying some sort of voluntary program. I'm not sure what it is, because after using the title to try and make the left look as stupid as possible, the author didn't actually mention anything about the plan itself.

Did we read the same article?  The one I read never stated any thought of it being a "volunteer" program.  But -- by volunteer are you saying that they want the cows to volunteer to expel less methane??   Or -- are you saying that this is a volunteer program like when obama said you can keep your doctor if you want and keep your health insurance plan if you want concerning obamacare?   But, I/we will be glad to listen to any proof you have concerning this being a "volunteer" EPA program...     

Did we read the same article? The one I read never stated any thought of it being a "volunteer" program. But -- by volunteer are you saying that they want the cows to volunteer to expel less methane?? Or -- are you saying that this is a volunteer program like when obama said you can keep your doctor if you want and keep your health insurance plan if you want concerning obamacare? But, I/we will be glad to listen to any proof you have concerning this being a "volunteer" EPA program...

Actually, the "article" you read mentioned nothing about the policy after making a big deal of it in the title. I followed the link to the EPA website, which said it is voluntary. Some of the "mental giants" on here choose to take everything at face value that some of these propaganda sites wish them to believe.

Actually, the "article" you read mentioned nothing about the policy after making a big deal of it in the title. I followed the link to the EPA website, which said it is voluntary. Some of the "mental giants" on here choose to take everything at face value that some of these propaganda sites wish them to believe.

You are right, it does say voluntary: "In June, in partnership with the dairy industry, the USDA, EPA and DOE will jointly release a “Biogas Roadmap” outlining voluntary strategies to accelerate adoption of methane digesters and other cost-effective technologies to reduce U.S. dairy sector greenhouse gas emissions by 25 percent by 2020."  But, what if they don't adopt these strategies?  The mental giants referred to, though, are those in the administration that actually think this is a problem.  You know, with all the problems in the world! 

Voluntary... a scary word when used in any new government program.

You are right!  Remember -- the income tax is "voluntary!"   BUT -- we know that's it's actually not! 

As a side note:  Does anyone know why the government has to say the income tax is voluntary?? 

Thanks, Mat.  No, not band.  But, I did band myself.  I just tired of the typical liberal responses to every subject.  You know, "democrat good, Republican bad!"   Hopefully things are better now.