Local Rankings?

I like your rankings Rake1. I believe having Wos in the top 5 might be a little too early. Top 10? Maybe? I like their record and what they have done but dont believe they have truly been tested. Well see what team they really have after playing Buna tomorrow and then the tough tests of BC and Silsbee. If they can go 2-1 much less 3-0 against those teams then they are legit imo. I'm very impressed with what Coach Landry has done with this team and also know his assistant coaches are as good as they get. Coach Westbrook was one of my coaches when i played there, so I know. Looks like the kids are buying in to the program and BELIEVE they can win. Those two things, great coaching and kids that believe, are the recipe for success...and a tad bit of luck here and there. Ive only seen them play a couple times and hope to make at least 1 of the next 3. Could be a special year for the Stangs and they are young too.

GCM is 12-3 or 13-3...started off 1-3 I believe ..4-0 in district. Beat Friendswood last Tuesday.

GCM is now 13-3 (5-0 in district).  Wins against teams in 20-4a Barbers Hill 11-3/Crosby 12-10, 19-4a Vidor 6-1, 5a's Channelview 7-6, PAM 11-1, B Westbrook 19-2.

We play Galena Park tonight at home.  We prefer the underdog no one knows about us status.  We just like to come out to the park and leave it on the field.  Great job so far PATs, dont get satisfied.

Any ranking that doesn't have PNG near the top is crazy. They are the best team in the Triangle and it's not really close. Their pitching staff can match anyone in the state.

BC needs a #2 after Shug. Someone needs to step up or they better hope they win a lot of coin flips for 1 game series. 12-10 playoff games are no good.

WOS needs to play someone. Their record is great, but we will know more this week after they play BC and Silsbee.

I haven't seen GCM or Dayton, but their records and schedules are pretty impressive.

3/24/14 Rankings

5A-3A

1. Dayton (12-1)

2. Diboll (14-2)

3. Bridge City (13-2-2)

4. WO-S (13-1-1)

5. Goose Creek (11-3)

others receiving votes: Barbers Hill, Splendora, Huffman, H-F

2A-1A

1. Evadale (15-2)

2. Kountze (8-6-1)

3. Colmesneil (11-4-1)

4. Warren (12-3-1)

5. West Sabine (9-3)

others receiving votes: Big Sandy, Kelly, EC

H-F??

No PN-G??

:rolleyes:

Any ranking that doesn't have PNG near the top is crazy. They are the best team in the Triangle and it's not really close. Their pitching staff can match anyone in the state.
BC needs a #2 after Shug. Someone needs to step up or they better hope they win a lot of coin flips for 1 game series. 12-10 playoff games are no good.
WOS needs to play someone. Their record is great, but we will know more this week after they play BC and Silsbee.
I haven't seen GCM or Dayton, but their records and schedules are pretty impressive.

Interesting observations. I believe BC has found a nice compliment to Shugart in the lefty Macfarland, he has thrown really well since coming back from an injury. He threw 5 innings of shutout ball in relief against HF and threw 4 innings with no earned against HJ. BC must have enough arms to be "competitive", check their record and strength of schedule.

As far as PNG goes I agree on the strength of their pitching staff, no dispute. As far as saying it's not even close between them and the next team goes that may be a stretch until they consistently hit enough to not depend on pitching a shutout. I do believe they are most definitely in the discussion as the best team in the triangle.

Rake1

Pretty much +1 on all of that.  You can make an argument for BC #1 and PNG #2 but PNG can't be lower than 2 IMO.  I would have to agree with you though.  In a 3 game series or more, I would have to take PNG over BC.

H-F??

No PN-G??

:rolleyes:

I'm just giving my opinion and what I have seen.  If you have a different view then post it in the form of your own rankings.  I'm just one guy with one opinion trying to give a ranking since no one else wants to do it.  Yes PNG has come on strong since district started but me personally I am not going to put a sub .500 team in a ranking just because of name or who they played.  Yes I am aware they have a winning record now (9-6-1) and they do deserve recognition for it and they will get it.  And this is not just directed at you AAW you do a fine job on this site and I personally thank you.

I'm just giving my opinion and what I have seen.  If you have a different view then post it in the form of your own rankings.  I'm just one guy with one opinion trying to give a ranking since no one else wants to do it.  Yes PNG has come on strong since district started but me personally I am not going to put a sub .500 team in a ranking just because of name or who they played.  Yes I am aware they have a winning record now (9-6-1) and they do deserve recognition for it and they will get it.  And this is not just directed at you AAW you do a fine job on this site and I personally thank you.

But Hamshire-Fannett was 7-10 (now 7-11) at the time of you putting them in the "others receiving votes".

I do not feel I am qualified to post a local baseball ranking. Haven't seen near enough teams or games.

But Hamshire-Fannett was 7-10 (now 7-11) at the time of you putting them in the "others receiving votes".

I do not feel I am qualified to post a local baseball ranking. Haven't seen near enough teams or games.

I respect that.  I must have misread their record I did not realize it was under .500

Now you're just being silly!!!!!!! All you need is a keyboard. LOL

20-4A 

1.PNG (5-0)

2. Livingston (4-1)

3. Vidor (3-2)

3. Lumberton (3-2)

5. LCM (2-3)

5. Nederland (2-3)

7. Central (1-4)

8. Ozen (0-5)

21-3A

1.Bridge City (4-0)

WOS (4-0)

3. HJ (2-2)

3. Silsbee (2-2)

5.  HF (2-3)

6. Buna (1-4)

7.Orangefield (0-4)

Haven’t seen the GGM, Dayton and the Barbers Hill’s. Just for fun on the one’s I’ve seen.

1-PNG….

2-Bridge City….

3-Vidor…..

4-Nederland

5-Lumberton

6-Silsbee

7-LCM

8-Livingston

9-WOS

10-Hamshire-Fannett

• 1 month later...

Evadale doesn't have a guy who breaks 82 mph warren doesnt either. Evadale yeah there are worthy of the #3 ranking in 1a but if you look at overall schedule as well as talent level and kountze rises above these two

Thanks for this post earlier in the season. It motivated the boys. They might not break 82, but they have played well as a team.