Bridge City's Stump no longer AD, still HC

So will he be making the same $$$ just to be head football coach. I am from bridge city and sounds like a waste of taxpayers money if you are going to have to pay an ad and a head coach. What I heard Briggs will no longer be principle next year but just ad. Unless both Briggs and stump take a cut in pay I say that is a waste of money

As I posted on the other thread, I think this is a well used tactic in the BC organization to get Stump looking for another AD position.  It has been rumored that Briggs was looking to retire as the HS principal but this situation fits and creates pressure on Stump to move on to another district.  Think back to the Billy Bryant baseball era at BC, same song, different verse.  It's the BC way.  If they don't like you or the way you are performing, they will reassign you to another position in order to get you to leave.

JACF,,,or you can look at it as taking care of one person and easing another one out.  I am sure the workload is far less stressful being the AD rather than the HS principal.  I'd bet a dollar to a dime that Briggs salary will remain the same as there is no stipend for a principal, however, Stump will go back to a teacher's salary and get a coaching stipend for football only.  I'm sure he will lose whatever the AD stipend may have been. 

Traditionally, in most school districts (other than 6A), the head football coach is the athletic director. He is in charge of all of the athletic operations for the school district. Even if the head football coach is not in charge of athletic operations for the school district, he still is kept busy during the off-season. He still is in charge of all of the athletic operations of the campus. Most school districts that hire an athletic director/head football coach require a master's degree in educational administration.

Trust me, Stump's salary will not be reduced.

His duties may just be football next year, but his salary will remain the same.

I see this move as temporary. Stump will either leave now or not be renewed after next year. Then BC will hire a AD/HC. I think Briggs will only do this for one year then retire like he wanted to as a principle.

From KOGT:

Bridge City ISD Superintendent Mike King has informed KOGT that the district is restructuring its athletic program. High school principal Richard Briggs has been named the new Athletic Director. For the rest of the school year Briggs will handle both duties. "The board and I have been exploring this opportunity and we know that if we were going to do it, we had the right man for the job in Richard Briggs," King said. Briggs, a BC native, has been both an assistant coach and head coach for many years before getting into administration. BC will be the first in the area in Class 3A to dedicate one person to being Athletic Director. "We want all of our programs, from 7th to 12th grade, to excel and we feel this is the best way to do it," King said. "This way Coach Cris Stump can concentrate on coaching our football team, just as the other coaches concentrate on their sports, with the help of Mr. Briggs overseeing the whole program." Without the A.D. tag, Stump will also be back in the classroom working with Physical Education classes. So why do this now? King said, "We did this now so we will be ready for the next school year. Budget time is here and we wanted Mr. Briggs' input. And we will also be hiring a new principal to replace him."

Well as a bc resident and the school wanting to pass another bond I dont see this as a positive in getting a bond issue passed. They will be paying basically an extra principal salary that is not needed. If Stump isnt doing his job correctly then tell him to do it or is contract want be renewed. And I agree Briggs will probably leave after a year if not before. And yes the Supt. take on it was a lot of hog wash. But thats how things are done in Bridge City. The good ole boy way. I can pretty much bet the farm if Stump leaves they want be hiring a HC only.  

I might be country, but I am not stupid. Clear sign they want the head football coach to leave now. If you're buying what the supt. said, I have a used car to sale you.

I am with you on this one shooter. We are both country and I know you are not stupid.

I am curious as to what BC's excuse will be after they ultimately end up hiring a AD/HC.

They will say "to get the person we wanted for the job, we had to offer the complete package HC/AD". They've got this all figured out as well as having someone in mind for the job, there is no doubt in my mind on that fact.

I can say this, as a BC resident, I won't be voting for the bond issue if this is the way they are conducting business.