Dad shoots daughter's boyfriend... Your thoughts?

bullets13

in my statement if you didn't notice at the beginning i said "this is off topic" and then at the end i said "as far as this story goes"

no where did i say i would kill my daughter's boyfriend.

I ll take my chances firing my weapon to protect my "home" and surviving then possibly dying or a family member dying.  also take my chances in court and hope a jury will prove my innocence.

Someone entering my home without invite(by force) is the criminal whose needing punishment.

to answer your question.....he seemed like an angry father not a father protecting his home

And in my statement you didn't notice that I didn't say that you said what you would do. In my statement I said "someone". I also did not quote anyone whether it be you or anyone else and simply made a blanket statement after reading many (hundreds) of comments on different forums. 

I also mentioned "not this forum" on reading hundreds of comments. 

:D

NEXT............... 

the thing about "reaching for something", is there's no way to prove whether he actually did, or if the father just said that to justify what he did.

Their is no one to refute his testimony other than his daughter. Or if he makes additional statements they may contradict his previous statement. I haven't seen anything on this story other that the link on this forum. But if there is no witnesses and no other circumstantial evidence, seems to me, as say, a potential juror, the guy walks. Can't read his mind. I'm strictly making my call from the one news story I've read. Bad situation to be in for the young man. Coincidentally, I was in a similar situation as and adolescent. I felt the compression of the gun fire close to my head. Fortunately for me I wasn't hit. I didn't report the incident, and have laughed about it ever since. However it could have went the same way as for this kid. I never was mad at the old man for shooting at me, I was guilty as charged.

Their is no one to refute his testimony other than his daughter. Or if he makes additional statements they may contradict his previous statement. I haven't seen anything on this story other that the link on this forum. But if there is no witnesses and no other circumstantial evidence, seems to me, as say, a potential juror, the guy walks. Can't read his mind. I'm strictly making my call from the one news story I've read. Bad situation to be in for the young man. Coincidentally, I was in a similar situation as and adolescent. I felt the compression of the gun fire close to my head. Fortunately for me I wasn't hit. I didn't report the incident, and have laughed about it ever since. However it could have went the same way as for this kid. I never was mad at the old man for shooting at me, I was guilty as charged.

Guilty of what, having a girlfriend?

FYI if you sneak a girl out of her house and you get caught, or caught in her bed. It may cost you your life. That means you made a real bad decision. Average American or jury will agree with father. Most likely that's the case here. Don't know if you have a daughter or sister, but Im kinda really sensitive about other people touching them in that manner. Truthfully most fathers are, you may be and exception. And we couldn't care less about the law or the punishment. And like I said, most jurrors will be lenient on the father. IMO

FYI if you sneak a girl out of her house and you get caught, or caught in her bed. It may cost you your life. That means you made a real bad decision. Average American or jury will agree with father. Most likely that's the case here. Don't know if you have a daughter or sister, but Im kinda really sensitive about other people touching them in that manner. Truthfully most fathers are, you may be and exception. And we couldn't care less about the law or the punishment. And like I said, most jurrors will be lenient on the father. IMO

So you are saying that most Americans would agree that killing a 17 year old that did nothing illegal? 

If not it sure appears that is what you are saying.

Ok. Insert "sexual assault" in place of "statutory rape". Either one is a criminal act.

Maybe you missed the point. This could not have been statutory rape or any rape/sexual assault by age. Simply put, this 16 year old girl could have consented to sex with this kid and it is no more of a crime than the married parents having consent sex. 

I was only pointing out that the term of statutory rape no longer appears in TX law but even if it did, this was not it. This kid that was killed committed no crime. 

Maybe you missed the point. This could not have been statutory rape or any rape/sexual assault by age. Simply put, this 16 year old girl could have consented to sex with this kid and it is no more of a crime than the married parents having consent sex. 

I was only pointing out that the term of statutory rape no longer appears in TX law but even if it did, this was not it. This kid that was killed committed no crime. 

It is my understanding that the Romeo and Juliet Law only prevents the minor from being labled a "sex offender". It does not make the act "legal". I could be wrong.