Obamacare

LumRaiderFan

Kimberly guilfoye said today that the VA is one big obamacare.
politifact : pants on fire. I mean blazing
. The V A employees are government employees.
"Obamacare" is run by the private insurance sector. I was an employee of molina healthcare, not the government.

Kimberly guilfoye said today that the VA is one big obamacare.
politifact : pants on fire. I mean blazing
. The V A employees are government employees.
"Obamacare" is run by the private insurance sector. I was an employee of molina healthcare, not the government.

So the private insurance sector is mandating what must be covered and who does or does not receive a subsidy?

This is so disheartening. You guys are in direct opposition to something you dont know anything about. Please review the ACA.
ACA 101
The federal government mandated that pre-existing condition clauses are now illegal; as well as, maximum out of pocket benefits, amount of subsidies etc.
the federal government does not dictate standards of care
example:
Susan J has chest tightness and shortness of breath.she goes to Methodist hospital in Houston. She has the blue advantage plan 003 and that hospital is in their network. She is placed in an ER bed. The nurse checks on her two hours later and she is dead.
who is to blame for this? The Methodist hospital staff or "obamacare"? The hospital staff is to blame. They did not find out what her 02 sats were, ABG's, they didnt start her on steroids etc
the ACA does not dictate what hospitals are allowed in blue advantage's provider network. A hospital has to apply and is solely up to the credentialing department to say yea or nay.

Second scenario ( insurance side)
Yatisha S, Registered Nurse, at Molina healthcare, receives that John Q was admitted to Memorial Hermann hospital with severe crushing chest pain. The doctor orders a battery of test. John's trop levels as well as his ckmb levels are normal. It is determined that he did not have a NSTEMI or STEMI (heart attack). He stays in the hospital for 2 days in spite of the results. .. I call the Registered Nurse case manager at the hospital and tell her that the inpatient stay will be denied, but I will pay for a 48 hour observation stay.
the federal government nor "obamacare" had nothing to do with my decision.

As long as John Q is in a government funded health plan, that is who Molina deals with. You just described a typical reimbursement tactic. Code and charge as something that is covered instead of eating the cost. And if you are good enough at beating the system, government and private insurers, then you get paid. But after a while the plans will see what is being paid so often and will change guidelines and codes. Then new training comes in to try to find the next way around the government placed hurdles.

What the heck are you talking about or do you know? John is not receiving any treatment his doctor jeeps him in the hospital so that the nurses can "observe" him to make sure that he does not exhibit any more symptoms. Why would we pay for an inpatient stay as opposed to an observation stay.they are only observing him.

Steve who said you cant be. Insurance companies have 1000's of hospitals in their network, not just one so.......what are you talking about?

The Obama Administration has been claiming that insurance companies will be competing for your dollars under the Affordable Care Act, but apparently they haven't surveyed the nation's top hospitals.

Americans who sign up for Obamacare will be getting a big surprise if they expect to access premium health care that may have been previously covered under their personal policies. Most of the top hospitals will accept insurance from just one or two companies operating under Obamacare.

If you get coverage under Obamacare, less than half of the plans in the Houston area will pay for care at MD Anderson.

What the heck are you talking about or do you know? John is not receiving any treatment his doctor jeeps him in the hospital so that the nurses can "observe" him to make sure that he does not exhibit any more symptoms. Why would we pay for an inpatient stay as opposed to an observation stay.they are only observing him.

He is not receiving treatment because he has Molina, company dealing w Government programs like Medicaid. But the hospital needs money because that is how they stay open. So nurses "observe", I see you put quotes to imply that the observing is just a billable term and used loosely. Plan guidelines state what is reimbursable, found in the plan's SPD. Too much minutia to get in to insurance coverage. Yes, I am familiar with "managed care". I wonder why it is never referred to as "Properly Managed care"? Government guidelines! Not specific to party, just too much government involvement.

He is not receiving treatment because he has Molina, company dealing w Government programs like Medicaid. But the hospital needs money because that is how they stay open. So nurses "observe", I see you put quotes to imply that the observing is just a billable term and used loosely. Plan guidelines state what is reimbursable, found in the plan's SPD. Too much minutia to get in to insurance coverage. Yes, I am familiar with "managed care". I wonder why it is never referred to as "Properly Managed care"? Government guidelines! Not specific to party, just too much government involvement.

it is obvious that you dont know what you are talking about. An observation stay merely means that a patient is being monitored. Molina has several plans, the one on the exchange is not a Medicaid him. What government guidelines are you referring to? Do you know the name of the guidelines insurance carriers use?

The Obama Administration has been claiming that insurance companies will be competing for your dollars under the Affordable Care Act, but apparently they haven't surveyed the nation's top hospitals.

Americans who sign up for Obamacare will be getting a big surprise if they expect to access premium health care that may have been previously covered under their personal policies. Most of the top hospitals will accept insurance from just one or two companies operating under Obamacare.

If you get coverage under Obamacare, less than half of the plans in the Houston area will pay for care at MD Anderson.

have you looked at every single plans provider network that participates on the change to see if md Anderson is in network? There are commercial plans not on the exchange that dont use md anderson. The aca does not stimulate who a plan designates who a carrier puts in their provider network.