Obamacare

LumRaiderFan

There is a reason it's affordable (it's really not without subsidies)

I wonder if members of Congress will be excluded from these top hospitals...I'm guessing no.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022371201_exchangenetworksxml.html

From the article:

In a broader way, tensions exist with networks because insurers have long seen restricting the list of providers as a way to cut costs. But such moves in the past prompted backlashes and a spate of horror stories.

Since then, few insurers have felt empowered to kick out more expensive major providers, said David Dranove, a Northwestern University professor who specializes in health-industry management issues.

But now, given that the Affordable Care Act relies on competition and market forces — and prevents insurers from excluding the sick — insurers have returned to networks as a way to keep premiums down.

http://blog.heritage.org/2014/03/07/obamacare-delay-insurance-cancellations-uninsured-signups/?utm_source=heritagefoundation&utm_medium=email&utm_content=MB_140307&utm_campaign=morningbell

From the article:

“There are some people who have very bad insurance, but they don’t know it because they don’t understand the fine print,” Obama said yesterday. Politico Pro reports that the President continued: 

We said, “You know what, you’re right. You should be able to keep the health insurance you have even if it’s not very good. Even if you could get insurance on HealthCare.gov, you should be able to keep it.” And that’s the part of the law we’ve extended."

You won't hear any arguments from me. I think the concept of an OPTION of an affordable (not free) government provided healthcare for those who can't get it elsewhere is a good idea, but the execution of it in Obamacare is a travesty as best i can tell. I'm sure there will be people who benefit from it, but i know a lot of people who's cost of insurance has gone up. while i still believe that insurance companies have taken advantage of a bad situation to increase their profit margin, there's still no doubt that Obamacare is costing the rest of us through our premiums.

http://blog.heritage.org/2014/03/12/the-obama-administrations-about-face-on-medicare/?utm_source=heritagefoundation&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=morningbell

From the article:

One of the proposed changes would have restricted the number of prescription drug plans an insurer could offer, which would decrease the choices available to seniors.

The administration argued that less choice would help seniors, because having too many options could be "confusing".

Yeah, that's what I hate when I'm shopping for something...too many choices...don't want to be confused so I would be very grateful for someone eliminating most of my choices for me.   :wacko:

Of course, they got rid of this during an election year...and I'm sure it will never be back.

http://blog.heritage.org/2014/03/12/the-obama-administrations-about-face-on-medicare/?utm_source=heritagefoundation&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=morningbell

From the article:

One of the proposed changes would have restricted the number of prescription drug plans an insurer could offer, which would decrease the choices available to seniors.

The administration argued that less choice would help seniors, because having too many options could be "confusing".

Yeah, that's what I hate when I'm shopping for something...too many choices...don't want to be confused so I would be very grateful for someone eliminating most of my choices for me.   :wacko:

Of course, they got rid of this during an election year...and I'm sure it will never be back.

The left believes it knows better what is good for you than you do.

http://blog.heritage.org/2014/03/14/obama-cant-really-keep-doctor/?utm_source=heritagefoundation&utm_medium=email&utm_content=DD_control140314&utm_campaign=dailydigest

From the article...Obama's words:

For the average person, many folks who don’t have health insurance initially, they’re going to have to make some choices. And they might end up having to switch doctors, in part because they’re saving money.

I clearly said I could care less about who agreed on it,it was a Lie. Im sure I can find people who believed in all kinds of things. A Lie is A Lie ESPECIALLY WHEN TENS OF THOUSANDS AMERICAN LIVES ARE AT STAKE

I'll post the intelligence he made his decision on with agreement from Congress and lots of Democrats tomorrow... don't want to do it from my phone.

Surely you don't think he killed 3000 Kurds with slingshots ,do you?

If you don't know about the Kurds, you really do need to do some research.