MIDDLE SCHOOL TRACK

cougar14

Powerlifting is my favorite individual sport to watch because it correlates pretty well with football. Track is my second because it tests the will, endurance and raw athleticism of the participants. . . And it too has a correlation with the gridiron. That being said, I figured it would be a good thread to start for the non-baseball people interested in middle school track and field particularly on this side of the river. So who/what teams did what where and which events is your school attending?

Pretty solid performance from the smaller schools at Crosby's boys meet Thursday. I would go in depth but NS and Cunningham pretty much dominated everything placing 1st and 2nd in both grades out of 7 or 8 teams. After watching this past year's football season and seeing him dominate on the track I have to say that Calvin Hill of Gentry is the best young athlete in this area. He was the only kid from the local 5a districts to win a sprint(100m), but also won the long jump AND triple jump. We'll see Thursday how #6 from Dayton stacks up, should be one heck of a district meet though.

7th and 8th grade boys meet today in Dayton. I'm assuming this meet will have some of the smaller middle schools in Liberty County in attendance with Crosby and Dayton. Should be some good competition tonight. I'll post results or things of interest once I find out.

Pretty solid performance from the smaller schools at Crosby's boys meet Thursday. I would go in depth but NS and Cunningham pretty much dominated everything placing 1st and 2nd in both grades out of 7 or 8 teams. After watching this past year's football season and seeing him dominate on the track I have to say that Calvin Hill of Gentry is the best young athlete in this area. He was the only kid from the local 5a districts to win a sprint(100m), but also won the long jump AND triple jump. We'll see Thursday how #6 from Dayton stacks up, should be one heck of a district meet though.

Is that the big/fast runningback at Gentry? If so, the kid is one of the most pure athletes I've ever seen at the 7th grade level. His parents need to get him into another district before high school. The kid is incredible.