Thanks, Jaws. Finally someone with a little common sense.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/02/espn-analyst-says-he-wouldnt-take-manziel-in-first-three-rounds-of-draft/?cmpid=hpts

"I see Johnny Manziel as a project, a guy that will go down as one of the great collegiate players of all time. I would pay to see Johnny Manziel play in a college game. He’s a great college player, but his game, just in my opinion, does not project to the NFL. He’s a project, and he’s going to have to spend some time working on his game.”

Too much of a gamble to take with the first pick.

The young man could become a superstar QB, but he will have to refine his game quite a bit. Thats the big question with the scouts. Can he change his style enough to be successful???

I don't think any NFL front office is worried about his off field antics, because they really were extremly mild in comparison to many many others, but they were blown out because he was the first Freshman Heisman and the Media loves a darling!

I think he has the skillset and determination to be THE GUY at some point, but he is not THE GUY today and that makes him a gamble. He could be the next Russell Wilson, but even Wilson wasn't a first round QB. Tarkington and Flutie were later round picks as well and took a few years to create the NFL version of themselves.

I would have no problem with Houston selecting him, but not with the first pick in the draft. First pick has to be a no brainer future All-Pro...you don't get the chance that often to get the pick of the litter!

Hes no Cam Newton, and Cam is not very good when you don't let him use his legs. JF isn't going to be all that good either if they don't let him use his legs which you know they are going to try and make him a pocket Qb. Wilson is a pocket type Qb who just happens to be able to use his legs.  But that's just my thought.

Thanks, Jaws. Finally someone with a little common sense.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/02/espn-analyst-says-he-wouldnt-take-manziel-in-first-three-rounds-of-draft/?cmpid=hpts

"I see Johnny Manziel as a project, a guy that will go down as one of the great collegiate players of all time. I would pay to see Johnny Manziel play in a college game. He’s a great college player, but his game, just in my opinion, does not project to the NFL. He’s a project, and he’s going to have to spend some time working on his game.”

Sorry guys I will go on a limb again and say he will be a successful NFL QB.

GCMPats you have searched high and low to find people critical of JFF but there are more people that  think he will succeed than think he will fail.  And sorry but Ron Joworski has rarely been right in his early predictions.  Here is a quote about Texans QB Schaub prior to the 2013 season - "he is the most underrated QB in the NFL" - hows that for accuracy.

Sorry man but JFF completed 70% of his passes and competed in the best league in college football.  That is not luck or fate that is talent no matter now you look at it.  The fact that many of his completions were last minute just supports the fact that he can make the last minute decision and get the ball to the point needed accurately and quickly.  Yes he had some remarkable WR catches but those were the exception and not the rule.  And sorry but he did not scramble or run in 2013 like he did his Heisman season and still completed 70%.

Haters gonna hate.

But that's "Just my thoughts".

Sorry guys I will go on a limb again and say he will be a successful NFL QB.

GCMPats you have searched high and low to find people critical of JFF but there are more people that  think he will succeed than think he will fail.  And sorry but Ron Joworski has rarely been right in his early predictions.  Here is a quote about Texans QB Schaub prior to the 2013 season - "he is the most underrated QB in the NFL" - hows that for accuracy.

Sorry man but JFF completed 70% of his passes and competed in the best league in college football.  That is not luck or fate that is talent no matter now you look at it.  The fact that many of his completions were last minute just supports the fact that he can make the last minute decision and get the ball to the point needed accurately and quickly.  Yes he had some remarkable WR catches but those were the exception and not the rule.  And sorry but he did not scramble or run in 2013 like he did his Heisman season and still completed 70%.

Haters gonna hate.

But that's "Just my thoughts".

and doubled his losses from 2012 to 2013.

How many championships has he won..............at any level?????????????

HOOKEM

"and doubled HIS losses from 2012 to 2013" - His Losses!!!!

I always thought that football was a team sport????

Fact is that if A&M had a defense of even average quality they could quite likely have been playing for the NC - but the fact is that JFF and the offense carried the team on its shoulders for the 9 wins they did get with little of no help from a porous defense.  That it itself should be a ribbon for JFF and the offense - But no that will never be the case for "TU fans" cause they cannot stand the attention that JFF has brought to A&M and its program.

Let his NFL career begin and lets all see were it goes - I bet and agree with MOST NFL scouts that he will have a long and good NFL career.

GIG'EM

"and doubled HIS losses from 2012 to 2013" - His Losses!!!!

I always thought that football was a team sport????

Fact is that if A&M had a defense of even average quality they could quite likely have been playing for the NC - but the fact is that JFF and the offense carried the team on its shoulders for the 9 wins they did get with little of no help from a porous defense.  That it itself should be a ribbon for JFF and the offense - But no that will never be the case for "TU fans" cause they cannot stand the attention that JFF has brought to A&M and its program.

Let his NFL career begin and lets all see were it goes - I bet and agree with MOST NFL scouts that he will have a long and good NFL career.

GIG'EM

If you're going to give him credit for all the wins, then yes, you have to give him credit for all the losses.

I am also ready for his NFL career to begin. That means he will be forgotten in about 3 years (or until his "30 for 30" is filmed).

If you're going to give him credit for all the wins, then yes, you have to give him credit for all the losses.

I am also ready for his NFL career to begin. That means he will be forgotten in about 3 years (or until his "30 for 30" is filmed).

As I stated that JFF and the offense carried the team - I have never stated that A&M was only JFF - that is for the Texas fans to do in an attempt to discredit the A&M program.  A&M had and still has numerous offensive weapons - it is just time for the defense to re-establish itself as the wrecking crew then A&M will continue to prosper.

But it is also a fact that without JFF they would not be in the spotlight they are in at the moment.

We will see and I have a long memory so if he is still playing after 3 years please prepare to eat some slow cooked crow. IF he is not I will eat that same crow.  

Only difference is that if this was a Texas boy I and most A&M fans would not AUTOMATICALLY be against him the way a lot of Texas fans are anti-Manziel.  

He was a great college QB.  i think he has too much going against him to be a great pro QB.  He's too small to be a running QB, but he's probably too short to be a pocket QB.  The things that made him most valuable in college will get him killed in the NFL.  now when he eludes one guy in the pocket, there are going to be 3 more waiting to smash him.  and half the people on the field are as fast as him now.  I don't think he'll be a total bust like Tebow, but i don't see him being more than a QB who starts for a few years after he's drafted, and then plays backup for awhile before leaving the league.  But, i could be wrong.  I just think that after watching him play several games, that if he hadn't had one of the best WRs in college bailing him out on jumpballs, he might actually be considered a 3rd or 4th rounder right now.

He was a great college QB.  i think he has too much going against him to be a great pro QB.  He's too small to be a running QB, but he's probably too short to be a pocket QB.  The things that made him most valuable in college will get him killed in the NFL.  now when he eludes one guy in the pocket, there are going to be 3 more waiting to smash him.  and half the people on the field are as fast as him now.  I don't think he'll be a total bust like Tebow, but i don't see him being more than a QB who starts for a few years after he's drafted, and then plays backup for awhile before leaving the league.  But, i could be wrong.  I just think that after watching him play several games, that if he hadn't had one of the best WRs in college bailing him out on jumpballs, he might actually be considered a 3rd or 4th rounder right now.

Everybody has an opinion - and I respect yours as it was stated in an articulated fashion with some reason and not with the normal anti-A&M bias found by some on this forum.

But were we disagree and I watched all his games and replayed several since FB season and the jump balls while hugely entertaining they were much fewer than the passes that were on target to a running wide receiver a lot of times in coverage.

And I have to disagree that he only had success due to Mike Evans (a beast I agree) because he completed most passes to player not named Evans (69) but to to Darel Walker, Malcomme Kennedy and Travis Labhart and others (231)  and none of those appear to be considered in the same caliber of Evans - so were those just lucky throws - I do not think so.  

While this debate is entertaining we all have our opinions and obviously a lot of us do not agree.  It will be very interesting to see how his NFL career goes and I hope I am right that he does succeed but only time will tell.

Everybody has an opinion - and I respect yours as it was stated in an articulated fashion with some reason and not with the normal anti-A&M bias found by some on this forum.

But were we disagree and I watched all his games and replayed several since FB season and the jump balls while hugely entertaining they were much fewer than the passes that were on target to a running wide receiver a lot of times in coverage.

And I have to disagree that he only had success due to Mike Evans (a beast I agree) because he completed most passes to player not named Evans (69) but to to Darel Walker, Malcomme Kennedy and Travis Labhart and others (231)  and none of those appear to be considered in the same caliber of Evans - so were those just lucky throws - I do not think so.  

While this debate is entertaining we all have our opinions and obviously a lot of us do not agree.  It will be very interesting to see how his NFL career goes and I hope I am right that he does succeed but only time will tell.

Man, I can't figure this one out.  I really can't.  I can't say for certainty that he will be a bust, that he will be productive, or that he will be a star.  Could be any of the three.  I agree with Bullets13 that he did get bailed out a lot having maybe the best WR in CFB bringing in a lot of "jump balls."  At the same time, the kid can make all, or almost all, of the throws you need on Sundays.  Injuries scare me a bit with his style if he can't adapt to protecting himself more.  But patience and making better decisions can be taught and learned in the league - and despite some of the things he's done and said, I don't think the kid is dumb.  Again, I can't make up my mind on him and I doubt anyone knows for sure.  I just don't think you accurately say he will be a bust anymore than you can say he will be a Pro Bowler.  He's one you have to wait and see with.  It's a nightmare for a GM though; pass on him and he's a star, you look terrible...draft him and he's a bust, you look terrible.  Personally, despite being a Longhorn and bleeding burnt orange, I wish him all the success in the world.  Love him or hate him or indifferent, no one can say he's not VERY fun to watch when he's doing his thing.  The NFL will be a better product if he's successful.

I hope this guy proves them all wrong. And, by the way. I'm a Longhorn Fan. Time will tell. Lot of people have a lot of opinions, driven by their agenda's. He's from Texas, I like him.

Really  :blink: Your a Longhorn fan - dang I never noticed  :D

Your right anyone from Texas should be supported.

Only thing I can say is I can think of a Heisman winning QB who won a NC and completed 65% of his passes his senior year, and not one Ags ever gave him one freakin vote of support. His name was Vince Young. But now you have JFF entering the NFL and all of a sudden, Heisman winners and high percentage pass completions are the qualifiers for a successful NFL career.

Vince Young became a head case (I truly think the money ruined him) and JFF has attitude issues. Who knows how successful anyone will be until they play? Answer.....no one.

Only thing I can say is I can think of a Heisman winning QB who won a NC and completed 65% of his passes his senior year, and not one Ags ever gave him one freakin vote of support. His name was Vince Young. But now you have JFF entering the NFL and all of a sudden, Heisman winners and high percentage pass completions are the qualifiers for a successful NFL career.

Vince Young became a head case (I truly think the money ruined him) and JFF has attitude issues. Who knows how successful anyone will be until they play? Answer.....no one.

Vince didn't win the Heisman, but he should have.  To this day, the best college player I ever saw suit up.  Simply refused to lose.  But an excellent example of not knowing if someone will be successful.

And you're right, at least with a lot of Ags I know.  They rooted for his failure.  But two wrongs don't make a right.  Hope JFF is a great success.

Vince didn't win the Heisman, but he should have. To this day, the best college player I ever saw suit up. Simply refused to lose. But an excellent example of not knowing if someone will be successful.

And you're right, at least with a lot of Ags I know. They rooted for his failure. But two wrongs don't make a right. Hope JFF is a great success.

True, should have said candidate. Got beat out by Leinart and Bush from the "best team ever!". Look at Leinart. What a bust.

Vince didn't win the Heisman, but he should have.  To this day, the best college player I ever saw suit up.  Simply refused to lose.  But an excellent example of not knowing if someone will be successful.

And you're right, at least with a lot of Ags I know.  They rooted for his failure.  But two wrongs don't make a right.  Hope JFF is a great success.

You both make the statement that all Ag's were against VY - I know almost all my Aggie friends were hoping the Texans got VY as we thought and told everyone that we knew that VY was gonna set the NFL on fire - and were not happy when he crashed and burned.  I know more Aggie's that supported VY then I know Horns that support JFF and that is a fact.

I rest my case. This is the type of crap I read on here about VY from aggieville.

Have you read any of the GCMPats post about Johnny and A&M? This thread is about a guy saying he wouldn't draft JFF and it's his hero. I guess you don't mind if the shoe is on the other foot.