PN-G vs Texas City scrimmage

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be a good test for these young Indians. Texas City is always a physical encounter just like WOS. This scrimmage will tell the tale on how good these boys are. I'm hoping to see more of a rotation with the QB's to see what each one can do against a quality opponent. Also will see where the weaknesses are on both sides of the ball. Hopefully he will make changes during the scrimmage if someone isn't doing their job to see what someone else has to offer.

This should be a much more productive scrimmage than last week. The Indians probably won't be able to dominate both lines of scrimmage like they did last week vs. a smaller opponent. This will be a much better test and should get them ready for their season opener.

[quote name="90PNGNDN" post="1425935" timestamp="1377177130"]
Curious to see how this goes...on a side note, how was the fan turnout for the PNG side last week?  I wish I was local to make this one.
[/quote]

Stands weren't packed like at a game, but it was a pretty good turnout.

Fire it up Pep Rally TONIGHT! First time to hear Cherokee live since last season. ;D

[quote name="NDNation" post="1425987" timestamp="1377186806"]
[quote author=90PNGNDN link=topic=113447.msg1425935#msg1425935 date=1377177130]
Curious to see how this goes...on a side note, how was the fan turnout for the PNG side last week?  I wish I was local to make this one.
[/quote]

Fire it up Pep Rally TONIGHT! First time to hear Cherokee live since last season. ;D
[/quote]

LOL

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1426024" timestamp="1377190109"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=113447.msg1425987#msg1425987 date=1377186806]
[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL
[/quote]

And we get to size up the band to see how well THEY will do this season. ;D

[quote name="NDNation" post="1426033" timestamp="1377190707"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=113447.msg1426024#msg1426024 date=1377190109]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=113447.msg1425987#msg1425987 date=1377186806]
[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL
[/quote]

And we get to size up the band to see how well THEY will do this season. ;D
[/quote]
:)

[quote name="IronMike" post="1426089" timestamp="1377199197"]
This may get ugly for PNG. I was not impressed at all last week. It is gonna be another rough season.
[/quote]

Was there the entire scrimmage. Not sure I agree. They look a lot better than last year. Not calling for a state title by any means but it's hard to say a team looks bad when it was 42-0. (2-0 controlled, 28-0 live)

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1426178" timestamp="1377216741"]
[quote author=IronMike link=topic=113447.msg1426089#msg1426089 date=1377199197]
This may get ugly for PNG. I was not impressed at all last week. It is gonna be another rough season.
[/quote]

Was there the entire scrimmage. Not sure I agree. They look a lot better than last year. Not calling for a state title by any means but [b]itj's hard to say a team looks bad when it was 42-0. (2-0 controlled, 28-0 live)[/b]
[/quote]

It's not when your a hater. Typical purple envy. Happens all the time.
He "wasn't impressed last week"  ::) give me a break.  Keep watching and let us know when you are impressed. We're on the edge of our seats awaiting your opinion.  ::)

I guess no one has ever told him hating is bad...... TC will be an extremely tough match up for us. They have 2 UT commits on their team and they are loaded at most positions. This will be a great opportunity to see how our young team handles the pressure a top 10 ranked team will throw at you. Looking forward to reading about this one will miss it due to work

I'm not hating at all! I promise I work around several people who thought the same thing. Being improved from last year is not saying much. They are a year away from being good. I can see 3-7 or 4-6 this year. I am a PNG fan, I just drink other beverages besides the purple kool-aid.

Guest Scalped Em
In all reality, there's a good chance The Tribe could be eating humble pie for weeks, starting tonight. Not necessarily a bad thing for such a young group of kids. Don't really know the identity of this team yet but all that should be brought to light in a matter of hours. Think offensively, like most years, we'll get ours. But can we stop anyone from running/passing all over us? That is the question. All the best, everybody have a good w/end.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1426473" timestamp="1377272668"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=113447.msg1426469#msg1426469 date=1377272012]
What time will the varsity officially start tonight?

Will it be a "live" scrimmage or controlled?
[/quote]

Varsity is at 7:00pm

Not sure what the plan is...[b]Prob controlled then the second half Live[/b]
[/quote]

Good, was hoping that was the case.

Going to Deweyville first then head over to the Rez in hopes of catching the "live" portion of the scrimmage.

PN-G could very well beat Silsbee and WO-S. Summer Creek is likely an L. The Stangs, at least at the moment, don't look on the level of last year's team. Both Nederland and Vidor had nice leads in the scrimmages before late rallies. And for whatever reason the Tigers historically have bad results against the Tribe.

Guest Scalped Em
I agree, Ashly. Think 2-1 is the best case scenario going into district play. Most likely get carved up by Sharp on Sept. 12th, but no shame in that, he balls out of his mind and the Creek is loaded. One things for sure, the Indians will be battle tested going into district play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin