Who wins the Rice Bowl ?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Rice Bowl ?

• EC by 7
    • HF by 7
    • EC by 14 or more
    • HF by 14 or more
    • Blow out by either one

From what I have gathered we are a very young football team , I just want too see the young men compete till the final whistle blows . With that being said we get y'all 21-14 in a stunner , just because I think the bucs may feel the horns will be a walk in the park and overlook them .

[quote name="#62jjohnson" post="1421796" timestamp="1375805265"]
im up here in northern va , im finding out  bits and pieces about the horns , didnt know it was gonna be a scrimmage . how are you guys looking this year ? the way yall roll yall just reload and go on another playoff run .
[/quote]EC plays HF Sept 13 regular play. EC has some tough shoes to fill with the loss of Glen Roberts.

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1421838" timestamp="1375810105"]
[quote author=#62jjohnson link=topic=113134.msg1421796#msg1421796 date=1375805265]
im up here in northern va , im finding out  bits and pieces about the horns , didnt know it was gonna be a scrimmage . how are you guys looking this year ? the way yall roll yall just reload and go on another playoff run .
[/quote]EC plays HF Sept 13 regular play. EC has some tough shoes to fill with the loss of Glen Roberts.
[/quote] those are big shoes too fill i really enjoyed seeing that young man run i feel he was underappreciated in the golden triangle area not once did he make the pa super team in those 2 dominate years (2011 and 2012) by far one of the most exciting backs in any class that i saw and had the yards to back it up with . he plays that whole game against i think against franklin you guys would have won that one .

[quote name="#62jjohnson" post="1421796" timestamp="1375805265"]
[/quote]If you live in northern va, I guessing that you first name is not John. LOL

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1422763" timestamp="1376003389"]
[quote author=#62jjohnson link=topic=113134.msg1421796#msg1421796 date=1375805265]
[/quote]If you live in northern va, I guessing that you first name is not John. LOL
[/quote] actually my first name is john , lol !!!

Numbers you might be interested in:
School ..... Last Enr ..... Last Cl ..... Last Dist . New Enr Change

East Chambers ..... 360 ..... 2A-D1 ..... District 10 ..... 385 25

Hamshire-Fannett ..... 527 ..... 3A ..... District 21 ..... 568 .. 41

West Orange-Stark ..... 699 ..... 3A ..... District 21 ..... 691 . -8

Orangefield ..... 542 ..... 3A ..... District 21 ..... 521 ..... -21
Bridge City ..... 714 ..... 3A ..... District 21 ..... 707 ..... -7
Buna ..... 398 ..... 2A-D1 ..... District 21 ..... 477 ..... 79
HJ  ___________________________________________________
Silsbee ..... 853 ..... 3A ..... District 21 ..... 822 ..... -31

Its not the enrollment numbers for these two. Remember Silsbee and especially WOS were powerhouses as tiny 4A schools before being realigned. WOS still whoops up on most of the area 4A teams in pre-district and I expect Silsbee to be pretty successful against 20-4A this year.

[quote name="#62jjohnson" post="1423779" timestamp="1376367012"]
people lie , numbers dont !!!! this explains a lot . i see why silsbee and wos dominates 21-3a they historically have been 4a schools their numbers almost doubles some schools , especially silsbee !!!
[/quote]They are in the corrrect Conference  ;D
Conference 5A: 2090 and above, 245 schools
Conference 4A: 1005-2089, 250 schools
Conference 3A: 450-1004, 190 schools
Conference 2A: 200-449, 235 schools

did i hear correctly that next year they will have smaller schools playing one another ? i guess if a school is like 450 that will be schools that same size , instead of a school that is 450 playing a school 1004 ? im freaking out that they will have 4 schools coming out of one district going too the playoffs .

[quote name="#62jjohnson" post="1423821" timestamp="1376399247"]
did i hear correctly that next year they will have smaller schools playing one another ? i guess if a school is like 450 that will be schools that same size , instead of a school that is 450 playing a school 1004 ? im freaking out that they will have 4 schools coming out of one district going too the playoffs .
[/quote]
3A will be like 2A and 1A are now. Divided into 3A Div I and Div II.  They will split the difference between the top half in 3A in enrollment and bottom half and form new districts 3A Div I (top half) and 3A Div II (bot half)...With four from each that means more playoff teams!  ::) Of course it will actually be called 4A! And 4A becomes 5A and so on.  Not because they are adding a larger classification for those gynormous 5A's, but because six man needs some love too and it will now be 1A with everyone else moving up!!!

Think about 5A for a minute...Lets say that for every 100 students theres 1 good FB player and for every 500 theres a star FB player. 
If you are a 3A with 460 students you got 5 good FB players and 1 star...A 3A with 990 students has 10 good FB players and 2 stars.  Still good odds for the smaller 3A.
5A with 2300 students has 23 good FB players (a full team) and 4 maybe 5 stars...A 5A with 6000 students has 60 good FB players and a team full of stars (12). Makes for interesting practices and depth that is unreal. So how can they compete??

[quote name="#62jjohnson" post="1423821" timestamp="1376399247"]
[/quote]

I do not like that 4 teams already make the playoffs in 4A and 5A. But not they are going to split classifications into Division 1 and Division 2 and take 4 teams from each district. What a joke!!! New AD's all over the state are going to look good bringing teams to the playoffs that haven't been in forever...think about it. There will be at least 1 district somewhere in the state that has 5 teams. You could possible go 1-9 and make the playoffs.

[quote name="Rizon" post="1424001" timestamp="1376440675"]
[quote author=#62jjohnson link=topic=113134.msg1423821#msg1423821 date=1376399247]
[/quote]

I do not like that 4 teams already make the playoffs in 4A and 5A. But not they are going to split classifications into Division 1 and Division 2 and take 4 teams from each district. What a joke!!! New AD's all over the state are going to look good bringing teams to the playoffs that haven't been in forever...think about it. There will be at least 1 district somewhere in the state that has 5 teams. You could possible go 1-9 and make the playoffs.
[/quote]
It just adds a week. But what if that 5 team district have 4 of the best teams in the state. Then they will have a chance to prove themselves in the playoffs or go home.

im sure it will be some cinderella stories in this format , eventhough i prefer the 2 teams from each district . i remember when they went from 1 to 2 teams in in 1982 . that year in 22-5a tj won the district title and  westbrook because of the new format got in and well the rest is history .( but inretrospect that hebert team went 13-1 in 1981 lost to willowridge in the semifinals game . but had studs coming back ) i just think in my opinion its wartering it down , just like all district picks are watered down , its like everybody makes something , under the older format a lot of kids wouldnt have made nothing , but hey one thing that is constant in the universe is change !!! so we adapt . alex durley one of the most underated coaches coaches in texas football history  97-13 in 9 years 6 district titles, 1 zone title and 2 state championships .

[quote name="Horns93" post="1424050" timestamp="1376452092"]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=113134.msg1424001#msg1424001 date=1376440675]
[quote author=#62jjohnson link=topic=113134.msg1423821#msg1423821 date=1376399247]
[/quote]

[/quote]
It just adds a week. But what if that 5 team district have 4 of the best teams in the state. Then they will have a chance to prove themselves in the playoffs or go home.
[/quote]

It's not about adding time. The playoffs are completely watered down now....it's just like little league...give everyone a trophy. If a 5 team district has 4 of the best teams in the state then oh well. I'm not even a big fan of when they extended it to 3 teams. If you want in...get in the top 3. The new format next season is going to make a lot of people look good. It's never the top 32 or 64 teams that get into the playoffs because some districts are better than others. So be it. I just do not like it but it's going to happen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317

• He actually had a pretty solid year for a sophomore starting in that district. I can assure you, it hasn't hurt his recruiting at all and that will only improve with the move back to the Wack. 
    • If Crumedy eventually has bigger aspirations than being in Jasper, every aspect of the program will be looked at when someone interviews him for any job. He knows that. The mindset needs to be that any time someone wears a Jasper uniform, that they're doing everything they possibly can to win. It matters.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up It's a poll but I could definitely see this as realistic.   From the article: Catholics in the United States have swung dramatically against President Biden in recent years, now boasting a significant statistical break towards his GOP challenger. Pew Research released on Apr. 30 a report exploring support for presidential candidates sorted by religious affiliation. The poll found that 55% of Catholics support or lean towards supporting former President Donald Trump in a head-to-head against Biden. Conversely, only 45% of Catholics support Biden in the same one-on-one pairing. The 12% margin of support in favor of Trump marks a significant shift from 2020, when he held an extremely narrow lead — 50% to 49%. Biden currently leads among Hispanic Catholics with a narrow 49%-47% split, but the close contest marks a major shift rightward for the demographic. In 2020, a similar poll from Pew Research found Hispanic Catholics preferred Biden to Trump with a staggering 67%-26% split.
    • You said a lot there. Truthfully, that is the root of the issue. Who cares what a kid thinks about how coaches are running a program? Kids play, coaches coach. For some reason, parents have this backward in a lot of places and its wreaking havoc. 
    • He's already stated he's a huge Clinton fan.
  • Topics