19-4a Predictions

[quote name="cougar14" post="1421127" timestamp="1375577709"]
[quote author=Daytonfan link=topic=113079.msg1421086#msg1421086 date=1375565011]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=113079.msg1421085#msg1421085 date=1375564322]
[quote author=Daytonfan link=topic=113079.msg1421065#msg1421065 date=1375559954]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=113079.msg1421053#msg1421053 date=1375554082]
[quote author=Justafan72 link=topic=113079.msg1421039#msg1421039 date=1375545158]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=113079.msg1421014#msg1421014 date=1375535962]
[quote author=Justafan72 link=topic=113079.msg1420936#msg1420936 date=1375490040]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=113079.msg1420934#msg1420934 date=1375489500]
What he said,Crosby had to get a last 2 min rally to hold on for the sqeaker vs KWP ;D
[/quote]Crosby had the 22 -21 lead and KP drove down within FG range.The kicker kicked the FG but KP head coach had called a timeout.The next try was wide left and turned the ball over to Crosby.Crosby drove the ball down the field but turned it over.On fourth down QB threw an interception to one of the twins.
[/quote]That game was a disgrace to Texas High School Football. It should have never been that close. On the opening kick Crosby drove right down the field inside the 5 and they called two or three phantom penalties on us to back us up. Next there was a ''muffed'' punt Walter never touched, three refs got together and said Crosby ball while a single ref got super demonstrative flailing his arms pointing towards KP. The replay showed he never touched it. After that KP got a touchdown where the kid fell out of the side of the end zone on KP's side and was juggling ball, the kid never had it until he was laying on his back out of bounds. When they showed the replay even the KP fans went ''oooohhh'' because they know they got a gift. I bet we only had 3 possesions in the first half because of that horrible officiating. Somebody from Crosby even sent the tape to the UIL. Everytime we broke a run they called it back, both of the twins would have rushed for over 200 yards. KP was playing for their playoff life and it seemed like the refs knew it. Our o-line was blasting people of the ball and pancaking them and they called us for holding probably ten times. Throw in the phantom ''muff'' on the punt and another fumble deep in our own territory where Aston's knee was down and the refs were just a flat out disgrace to competition. Look at the penalty disparity and box score. Our kicker made his fg and theirs didn't, seemed like karma all worked out in the end. We'll blow the doors of KP in Cougar Stadium this year.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=151020&TeamID=138&SearchType=Teams
[/quote]Have to agree with you on the officiating ! I was along the endzone fenceline when the TD reception was called.It wasn't even close.Still the Crosby defense was flat in the 1st half and couldn't stop the KP ground game led by 2nd string QB Ducoff.Again no defensive adjustments were made until the 2nd half.
[/quote]Even still with no defensive adjustments they had probably 150 total yards in the first half and less than 100 in the second. Hard to keep them off the board when the ref keeps giving them the ball. They probably had 6 posessions in the first half, defense held them to under 4 ypc on 37 attempts whereas say Dayton for instance they averaged over 5ypc and had nearly 100 more yards which was equal to Dayton's output for the game. Crosby's defensive coordinator is awful as you can see from the Dayton game last year when he wouldn't adjust and the Manor game where he got spotted an 11 point lead and blew that in the second half probably costing us a regional title. The KP game was garbage but I'd rather squeak by them instead of BH any day.
[/quote] Just like Dayton squeaked by Crosby right? 45-21 enough said.
[/quote]Probably should have saved some of that so you could have crossed the 50 yardline on SC before they put the slaps in. Better yet saved another for the beatdown the week after against Ned. And if Denny would have played before those two y'all would have been three and out just like New Caney's ooffensive.
[/quote] [b]well dang, that must mean Crosby really sucked since Dayton beat Crosby like a red headed stepchild.[/b]
[/quote]It was our worst game and y'alls best. We did suck that night though, Dayton just sucked the rest of the season.
[/quote]

:o  ;D

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad Crosby plays there worst game of the year every year against Dayton. Also Denny did play against Dayton just got knocked out of the game. Dayton had 2 losses and both were against top 15 teams. I will admit that Crosby did win a playoff game where Dayton failed to. But look who Crosby got to play. Crosby played a 4 seed and won in overtime and Dayton got beat by Ned who played in the regional championship.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1421201" timestamp="1375629726"]
I'm glad Crosby plays there worst game of the year every year against Dayton. Also Denny did play against Dayton just got knocked out of the game. Dayton had 2 losses and both were against top 15 teams. I will admit that Crosby did win a playoff game where Dayton failed to. But look who Crosby got to play. Crosby played a 4 seed and won in overtime and Dayton got beat by Ned who played in the regional championship.
[/quote]Y'all do beat us most years, and most years we beat the teams that beat y'all. For instance when BH and Memorial slapped y'all around a few years ago we beat the both, Flannigan blew a 10 point lead against Lee with less than three mins. in the game or we would have 2 of the last 4 district titles to Dayton's one. We one loss to a team ranked outside the top 10 which was SC and lost to state semi-finalist Manor who would have blown the doors off Ned just like Georgetown did. Crosby and Ozen in football and basketball are are tough games no matter the record, i doubt the way Dayton looked the last three weeks of the season they would have beaten anybody in the playoffs. For the first time in a while Dayton had to play division 1 also, that's why you got Ned who we took out the last two times we played them in the playoffs. If KP doesn't make it y'all will be d1 again and probably get Ned for a second straight year like we used to.  Once the film was in and y'all couldn't throw deep routes y'all became the worst of the four playoff teams and the only one to lose in bi-district.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1421208" timestamp="1375635133"]
By most years are you talking about 15-2 against dayton the last 17 years.Also bh is 1-4 since going 4a. GCM also has 1 win against Dayton. So spare me the Crosby always beats the teams Dayton losses to. It happened 1 year. Ned would have killed Crosby quit acting like y'all beat somebody.
[/quote] yeah... what do you mean coug14 yall win against the teams Dayton loses too? You say that like it happens all the time.... please....

Coug14 also likes to bring up the fact Crosby has had to go d1. Well in 06 and 07 Crosby went d2 and got beat by Dayton 35-0 and 49-7 in the first round. Those were the golden triangle years for Dayton. The only thing more fun than smacking Crosby around in district was doing it in the playoffs.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1421212" timestamp="1375637821"]
Coug14 also likes to bring up the fact Crosby has had to go d1. Well in 06 and 07 Crosby went d2 and got beat by Dayton 35-0 and 49-7 in the first round. Those were the golden triangle years for Dayton. The only thing more fun than smacking Crosby around in district was doing it in the playoffs.
[/quote] LOL I'm sure he will throw out some stats as to why that happened...

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1421208" timestamp="1375635133"]
By most years are you talking about 15-2 against dayton the last 17 years.Also bh is 1-4 since going 4a. GCM also has 1 win against Dayton. So spare me the Crosby always beats the teams Dayton losses to. It happened 1 year. Ned would have killed Crosby quit acting like y'all beat somebody.
[/quote]

we played Nederland and they won by 14. that's not blowing the doors off us.

So when did everyone start liking the Cougars as district champs im confused. i expected everyone to say.

SC/DAy
SC/day
somebody random
Crosby

shocking.

2 Reasons to think this season will be good for the cougs.

1) 2nd year in a system that has been proven to work, and proven to work vs. Dayton.
2) 2 Seniors that have everything to play for the rpessure is on now, they have to preform or else it's a waste of talent.

So the Twins have more to prove now than ever before they want to prove they are not only d1 athletes (already proven by scholarships) but that they are elite and great football players. In Texas High school football is king they have a chance to write their names in a history book or two, or simply Win baby Win.

We can go blah boah crosby coordinator sucks blah blah. But the truth is he's the same guy who engineered a fantastic game against Montgomery in the second round a few years back, the same guy who coached a 28-0 shutout of Dayton and the same coach who destroyed the undefeated BH eagle option offense in the Final game of a potentially undefeated season. So while yes he has lost leads or only played a first half or been completely out coached (Vidor some of the Dayton games, last year vs SC.)

The truth is Crosby';s offense should be extremely good this year. And there defense needs to eb average to above average to win a butt load of games.

I think this squad could win district i think they could beat both Sc and Dayton however are they going to? I think there is more talent on the Crosby team than on Dayton's team (this year) I think that was true last year too Dayton took them to the woodshed. I think they have pretty even talent to SC and they got beaten pretty badly in that one too. But they showed the could compete in that Manor game, they showed resilience in the Nederland game when they where down 21-0. So no reason to believe this squad couldn't put it all together. 

I think they will but then again i'm a fan and an alma mater so i'll always be pro-cougar (multiple ways.)

Yeah i love how Dayton fans keep going back tot he years when they had what 5 d1 prospects on their team? Including several that couldn't keep clean in college.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1421215" timestamp="1375639391"]

Yeah i love how Dayton fans keep going back tot he years when they had what 5 d1 prospects on their team? Including several that couldn't keep clean in college.
[/quote]

That proven program works especially well with a "freak" under center.... If Crosby finds one, we might be in real trouble....

Also, when did we have 5 D1 prospects on the same team? maybe you're counting D1-AA

Probably not smart to get into the keeping clean topic... plenty of schools, including Crosby have those issues.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1421215" timestamp="1375639391"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=113079.msg1421208#msg1421208 date=1375635133]
[/quote]

we played Nederland and they won by 14. that's not blowing the doors off us.

So when did everyone start liking the Cougars as district champs im confused. i expected everyone to say.

SC/DAy
SC/day
somebody random
Crosby

shocking.

2 Reasons to think this season will be good for the cougs.

1) 2nd year in a system that has been proven to work, and proven to work vs. Dayton.
2) 2 Seniors that have everything to play for the rpessure is on now, they have to preform or else it's a waste of talent.

So the Twins have more to prove now than ever before they want to prove they are not only d1 athletes (already proven by scholarships) but that they are elite and great football players. In Texas High school football is king they have a chance to write their names in a history book or two, or simply Win baby Win.

We can go blah boah crosby coordinator sucks blah blah. But the truth is he's the same guy who engineered a fantastic game against Montgomery in the second round a few years back, the same guy who coached a 28-0 shutout of Dayton and the same coach who destroyed the undefeated BH eagle option offense in the Final game of a potentially undefeated season. So while yes he has lost leads or only played a first half or been completely out coached (Vidor some of the Dayton games, last year vs SC.)

The truth is Crosby';s offense should be extremely good this year. And there defense needs to eb average to above average to win a butt load of games.

I think this squad could win district i think they could beat both Sc and Dayton however are they going to? I think there is more talent on the Crosby team than on Dayton's team (this year) I think that was true last year too Dayton took them to the woodshed. I think they have pretty even talent to SC and they got beaten pretty badly in that one too. But they showed the could compete in that Manor game, they showed resilience in the Nederland game when they where down 21-0. So no reason to believe this squad couldn't put it all together. 

I think they will but then again i'm a fan and an alma mater so i'll always be pro-cougar (multiple ways.)

Yeah i love how Dayton fans keep going back tot he years when they had what 5 d1 prospects on their team? [b]Including several that couldn't keep clean in college.[/b]
[/quote] This is what yall resort to when you can't and don't have a valid point to make, when it comes to Dayton owning Crosby...

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1421342" timestamp="1375707940"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=113079.msg1421295#msg1421295 date=1375666556]
Can't wait to eye the new uniforms @Dayt 8)
[/quote]

Are they finially getting ride of that God Aweful Purple ;)
[/quote]this comment coming from a fan of a team with possibly the ugliest uniforms in the state.

;D[quote name="bronco pride" post="1421435" timestamp="1375719233"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=113079.msg1421342#msg1421342 date=1375707940]
[/quote]

[/quote]this comment coming from a fan of a team with possibly the ugliest uniforms in the state.
[/quote]

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1421435" timestamp="1375719233"]
[/quote]

[/quote] Well consider who said it Bronco Pride  ;)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1421435" timestamp="1375719233"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

BH is getting new uniforms this year too. ;)

Nevermind, I was just hoping so ;D

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1421865" timestamp="1375813745"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=113079.msg1421435#msg1421435 date=1375719233]
[/quote]

[/quote]

BH is getting new uniforms this year too. ;)

Nevermind, I was just hoping so ;D
[/quote]They will need new uniforms after playing Dayton ! :) ;) :D

Don't count Dayton out, I agree with BG whether it be SC,BH,Crosby, etc. I talked to a couple of people in the know and the Broncos could surprise a lot of teams this year, but we will see what happens. That's why you play one game at a time and never look past what's in front of your face, because we all know anyone can win or loose on any given day.

Go Broncos!!!!

[quote name="Football Fan 4 Life" post="1422435" timestamp="1375924869"]
Don't count Dayton out, I agree with BG whether it be SC,BH,Crosby, etc. I talked to a couple of people in the know and the Broncos could surprise a lot of teams this year, but we will see what happens. That's why you play one game at a time and never look past what's in front of your face, because we all know anyone can win or loose on any given day.

Go Broncos!!!!

[/quote]

With all due respect, I don't think the Broncos are going to surprise anyone. They've been good for a long time. They will be in the mix every year.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1422527" timestamp="1375969816"]
[quote author=Football Fan 4 Life link=topic=113079.msg1422435#msg1422435 date=1375924869]

Go Broncos!!!!

[/quote]

With all due respect, I don't think the Broncos are going to surprise anyone. They've been good for a long time. They will be in the mix every year.
[/quote]Wow! Thats words that will get you run out BH, I would watch it if I was you!  ;D ;D

1. SC - Bigger and quick then last year - running game will be as good as passing game
2.Crosby - Great offense, average defense, twins will be hard to stop
3. Dayton - great history, great fans
4. Kingwood Park - We have key players back but lost most of line on both sides of ball
5. BH - Most players back but no pass offense and slow defense

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin