19-4a Predictions

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1420896" timestamp="1375475222"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=113079.msg1420893#msg1420893 date=1375474683]
Oh how the pot thickens with every stir B-)
[/quote] I'm surprised at how all those other SC fans jumped ship from the board last November (about 7 to be exact)....You would think they would be stirring that pot.
[/quote]
I'm not surprised at how many jumped ship when their post's started changing. ;)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1420897" timestamp="1375475491"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=113079.msg1420896#msg1420896 date=1375475222]
[/quote] I'm surprised at how all those other SC fans jumped ship from the board last November (about 7 to be exact)....You would think they would be stirring that pot.
[/quote]
I'm not surprised at how many jumped ship when their post's started changing. ;)
[/quote]The mutt who took his ball, went home, and now is back or some other SC fan?

[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=113079.msg1420896#msg1420896 date=1375475222]
[/quote]
[/quote] ;D

Kingwood Park was the youngest team in the district last year. I talked to a BH fan with in depth knowledge and they said this was the weakest group of seniors in the Gage era and they're still not sure if Denny is going to play. I saw a picture of O'neal with his shirt off during summer workouts while they were initiating the freshmen and he looked every bit of 250 but I hear he's playing both ways this year. Crosby has a kid named Shane Hudson that scored 20 something receiving tds last year as a freshman and has been looking like he'll be the third option. We should average around 450 ypg and have the most explosive offense in the district but as usual it's going to be all on the D. I think SC is going to score a bunch but they'll have a hard time stopping people just like we will. Saying that I have it like this . . .

1. Crosby/SC
2. SC/Crosby
3. Dayton
4. KP
5. BH
6. Humble
7. King
8. Porter
9. New Caney

[quote name="cougar14" post="1420904" timestamp="1375476471"]
[b][b]Kingwood Park was the youngest team in the district last year[/b][/b]. I talked to a BH fan with in depth knowledge and they said this was the weakest group of seniors in the Gage era and they're still not sure if Denny is going to play. I saw a picture of O'neal with his shirt off during summer workouts while they were initiating the freshmen and he looked every bit of 250 but I hear he's playing both ways this year. Crosby has a kid named Shane Hudson that scored 20 something receiving tds last year as a freshman and has been looking like he'll be the third option. We should average around 450 ypg and have the most explosive offense in the district but as usual it's going to be all on the D. I think SC is going to score a bunch but they'll have a hard time stopping people just like we will. Saying that I have it like this . . .

1. Crosby/SC
2. SC/Crosby
3. Dayton
4. KP
5. BH
6. Humble
7. King
8. Porter
9. New Caney
[/quote]KP impressed me last season........... 8)

[/quote]
[/quote]

;D

1.Summer Creek
            2.Crosby - Can't give the Cougars the top spot because of a Defensive Coordinator that can not make game time adjustments in big games.His defenses play either a 1st half or a 2nd half. ~~~ Manor
            3. Dayton
            4. Kingwood Park - Lewellan will be a 3 way threat.If coach doesn't freeze his own kicker with a timeout ~~ Crosby
              5. Barbers Hill - Not convinced of defense - graduation loss may be too much
              6.Humble
              7.New Caney - Klingler & son will make a difference
              8. C.E.King - Price plays for 14'
              9. Porter - Loss of QB & no speed   

[quote name="Justafan72" post="1420924" timestamp="1375482803"]
            1.Summer Creek
            2.Crosby - Can't give the Cougars the top spot because of a Defensive Coordinator that can not make game time adjustments in big games.His defenses play either a 1st half or a 2nd half. ~~~ Manor
            3. Dayton
            4. Kingwood Park - Lewellan will be a 3 way threat.[b][b]If coach doesn't freeze his own kicker with a timeout ~~ Crosby[/b][/b]
              6.Humble
[/quote]+1!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="liltex" post="1420934" timestamp="1375489500"]
What he said,Crosby had to get a last 2 min rally to hold on for the sqeaker vs KWP ;D
[/quote]Crosby had the 22 -21 lead and KP drove down within FG range.The kicker kicked the FG but KP head coach had called a timeout.The next try was wide left and turned the ball over to Crosby.Crosby drove the ball down the field but turned it over.On fourth down QB threw an interception to one of the twins.

[quote name="Justafan72" post="1420924" timestamp="1375482803"]
            1.Summer Creek
            3. Dayton
            4. Kingwood Park - Lewellan will be a 3 way threat.If coach doesn't freeze his own kicker with a timeout ~~ Crosby
              6.Humble
[/quote]Other than winning a first round playoff game against Brenham two seasons ago, and playing Crosby close last yr., what has K-Park accomplished to be picked in the top 4?  I go w/ BH in the 4th spot due to Gages 3 yr. track record in 19-4A.  Can't deny that his program has been consistent.  Last season the word was...Lost too many top players.  W/ Denny sidelined for 3 Dist. games, they still got in...and finally won a round two game.

[quote name="Justafan72" post="1420936" timestamp="1375490040"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=113079.msg1420934#msg1420934 date=1375489500]
What he said,Crosby had to get a last 2 min rally to hold on for the sqeaker vs KWP ;D
[/quote]Crosby had the 22 -21 lead and KP drove down within FG range.The kicker kicked the FG but KP head coach had called a timeout.The next try was wide left and turned the ball over to Crosby.Crosby drove the ball down the field but turned it over.On fourth down QB threw an interception to one of the twins.
[/quote]That game was a disgrace to Texas High School Football. It should have never been that close. On the opening kick Crosby drove right down the field inside the 5 and they called two or three phantom penalties on us to back us up. Next there was a ''muffed'' punt Walter never touched, three refs got together and said Crosby ball while a single ref got super demonstrative flailing his arms pointing towards KP. The replay showed he never touched it. After that KP got a touchdown where the kid fell out of the side of the end zone on KP's side and was juggling ball, the kid never had it until he was laying on his back out of bounds. When they showed the replay even the KP fans went ''oooohhh'' because they know they got a gift. I bet we only had 3 possesions in the first half because of that horrible officiating. Somebody from Crosby even sent the tape to the UIL. Everytime we broke a run they called it back, both of the twins would have rushed for over 200 yards. KP was playing for their playoff life and it seemed like the refs knew it. Our o-line was blasting people of the ball and pancaking them and they called us for holding probably ten times. Throw in the phantom ''muff'' on the punt and another fumble deep in our own territory where Aston's knee was down and the refs were just a flat out disgrace to competition. Look at the penalty disparity and box score. Our kicker made his fg and theirs didn't, seemed like karma all worked out in the end. We'll blow the doors of KP in Cougar Stadium this year.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=151020&TeamID=138&SearchType=Teams

[quote name="cougar14" post="1421014" timestamp="1375535962"]
[quote author=Justafan72 link=topic=113079.msg1420936#msg1420936 date=1375490040]
[/quote]That game was a disgrace to Texas High School Football. It should have never been that close. On the opening kick Crosby drove right down the field inside the 5 and they called two or three phantom penalties on us to back us up. Next there was a ''muffed'' punt Walter never touched, three refs got together and said Crosby ball while a single ref got super demonstrative flailing his arms pointing towards KP. The replay showed he never touched it. After that KP got a touchdown where the kid fell out of the side of the end zone on KP's side and was juggling ball, the kid never had it until he was laying on his back out of bounds. When they showed the replay even the KP fans went ''oooohhh'' because they know they got a gift. I bet we only had 3 possesions in the first half because of that horrible officiating. Somebody from Crosby even sent the tape to the UIL. Everytime we broke a run they called it back, both of the twins would have rushed for over 200 yards. KP was playing for their playoff life and it seemed like the refs knew it. Our o-line was blasting people of the ball and pancaking them and they called us for holding probably ten times. Throw in the phantom ''muff'' on the punt and another fumble deep in our own territory where Aston's knee was down and the refs were just a flat out disgrace to competition. Look at the penalty disparity and box score. Our kicker made his fg and theirs didn't, seemed like karma all worked out in the end. We'll blow the doors of KP in Cougar Stadium this year.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=151020&TeamID=138&SearchType=Teams
[/quote] rightttttt ::)

[quote name="cougar14" post="1421014" timestamp="1375535962"]
[quote author=Justafan72 link=topic=113079.msg1420936#msg1420936 date=1375490040]

[/quote]Have to agree with you on the officiating ! I was along the endzone fenceline when the TD reception was called.It wasn't even close.Still the Crosby defense was flat in the 1st half and couldn't stop the KP ground game led by 2nd string QB Ducoff.Again no defensive adjustments were made until the 2nd half.

[quote name="Justafan72" post="1421039" timestamp="1375545158"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=113079.msg1421014#msg1421014 date=1375535962]

[/quote]Have to agree with you on the officiating ! I was along the endzone fenceline when the TD reception was called.It wasn't even close.Still the Crosby defense was flat in the 1st half and couldn't stop the KP ground game led by 2nd string QB Ducoff.Again no defensive adjustments were made until the 2nd half.
[/quote]Even still with no defensive adjustments they had probably 150 total yards in the first half and less than 100 in the second. Hard to keep them off the board when the ref keeps giving them the ball. They probably had 6 posessions in the first half, defense held them to under 4 ypc on 37 attempts whereas say Dayton for instance they averaged over 5ypc and had nearly 100 more yards which was equal to Dayton's output for the game. Crosby's defensive coordinator is awful as you can see from the Dayton game last year when he wouldn't adjust and the Manor game where he got spotted an 11 point lead and blew that in the second half probably costing us a regional title. The KP game was garbage but I'd rather squeak by them instead of BH any day.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1421053" timestamp="1375554082"]
[quote author=Justafan72 link=topic=113079.msg1421039#msg1421039 date=1375545158]

[/quote]Even still with no defensive adjustments they had probably 150 total yards in the first half and less than 100 in the second. Hard to keep them off the board when the ref keeps giving them the ball. They probably had 6 posessions in the first half, defense held them to under 4 ypc on 37 attempts whereas say Dayton for instance they averaged over 5ypc and had nearly 100 more yards which was equal to Dayton's output for the game. Crosby's defensive coordinator is awful as you can see from the Dayton game last year when he wouldn't adjust and the Manor game where he got spotted an 11 point lead and blew that in the second half probably costing us a regional title. The KP game was garbage but I'd rather squeak by them instead of BH any day.
[/quote] Just like Dayton squeaked by Crosby right? 45-21 enough said.

That win was @home,we always beat em @Bronco stadium.The last time in Crosby we had a last min 45 yd run by Marcain Chambers for a 7 pt win.2 yrs prior Crosby shut us out in a monsoon.This yr it's in Crosby,should be a must see game ;)

[quote name="Daytonfan" post="1421065" timestamp="1375559954"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=113079.msg1421053#msg1421053 date=1375554082]
[quote author=Justafan72 link=topic=113079.msg1421039#msg1421039 date=1375545158]

[/quote]Probably should have saved some of that so you could have crossed the 50 yardline on SC before they put the slaps in. Better yet saved another for the beatdown the week after against Ned. And if Denny would have played before those two y'all would have been three and out just like New Caney's ooffensive.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1421085" timestamp="1375564322"]
[quote author=Daytonfan link=topic=113079.msg1421065#msg1421065 date=1375559954]

[/quote]Probably should have saved some of that so you could have crossed the 50 yardline on SC before they put the slaps in. Better yet saved another for the beatdown the week after against Ned. And if Denny would have played before those two y'all would have been three and out just like New Caney's ooffensive.
[/quote] well dang, that must mean Crosby really sucked since Dayton beat Crosby like a red headed stepchild.

[quote name="Daytonfan" post="1421086" timestamp="1375565011"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=113079.msg1421085#msg1421085 date=1375564322]
[quote author=Daytonfan link=topic=113079.msg1421065#msg1421065 date=1375559954]

[/quote] well dang, that must mean [b]Crosby really sucked since Dayton beat Crosby like a red headed stepchild.[/b]
[/quote]  :o  ROFL  :o  ;D

[/quote] well dang, that must mean Crosby really sucked since Dayton beat Crosby like a red headed stepchild.
[/quote]lmao

[/quote] [b]well dang, that must mean Crosby really sucked since Dayton beat Crosby like a red headed stepchild.[/b]
[/quote]It was our worst game and y'alls best. We did suck that night though, Dayton just sucked the rest of the season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin