Vype Magazine 2013 Football Preview

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1419759" timestamp="1374103437"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=112954.msg1419595#msg1419595 date=1374072129]
http://www.ourdigitalmags.com/publication/?i=166918
[/quote]

Let's clarify this as Vype Houston Mag. ;)
[/quote]Yes please. 

Way to go VYPE!  A beautiful magazine dedicated to SC's talent.  Also loved they gave us the prime photos.  It should help them sell more magazines. 

I do take issue with ONE of the sections ...the running backs.  Jordan Braden wasn't a top guy last year.  If anything, AJ Jeffreys should have been in the spot as he had 2 times the yardage of Braden.  Also, Braden was 3rd in SC's rushing yards.  I really hope Braden has a stellar year, but am betting Chapman will lead the team...until Jeffreys gets his chance.

Really don't recall seeing any other 19-4A teams mentioned.  Hmmmm?

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1420175" timestamp="1374257969"]
Way to go VYPE!  A beautiful magazine dedicated to SC's talent.  Also loved they gave us the prime photos.  It should help them sell more magazines. 

I do take issue with ONE of the sections ...the running backs.  Jordan Braden wasn't a top guy last year.  If anything, AJ Jeffreys should have been in the spot as he had 2 times the yardage of Braden.  Also, Braden was 3rd in SC's rushing yards.  I really hope Braden has a stellar year, but am betting Chapman will lead the team...until Jeffreys gets his chance.

[/quote]

Wasn't AJ Jefferies a transfer in this year??? Didn't he get all them yards with C E King???? DD your credibility just took another hit dude...

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1420176" timestamp="1374259120"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112954.msg1420175#msg1420175 date=1374257969]

[/quote]

Wasn't AJ Jefferies a transfer in this year??? Didn't he get all them yards with C E King???? DD your credibility just took another hit dude...
[/quote]

Yes he was a transfer ...but if they're highlighting the 2013-2014 season ...I believe Jeffreys should have been the guy in the RB photo with the bulldog jersey (or even Chatman).  Also, Braden was the #3 rusher last year behind Aldridge and Smith.  Wasn't including Jeffreys in that stat.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1420179" timestamp="1374259902"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=112954.msg1420176#msg1420176 date=1374259120]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112954.msg1420175#msg1420175 date=1374257969]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes he was a transfer ...but if they're highlighting the 2013-2014 season ...I believe Jeffreys should have been the guy in the RB photo with the bulldog jersey (or even Chatman).  Also, Braden was the #3 rusher last year behind Aldridge and Smith.  Wasn't including Jeffreys in that stat.
[/quote]

ok so my question is ... when was the photo taken? was it taken before, or after Jefferies arrived? Did his past incidents keep the coach from putting that type of attitude as the mainstay RB until it was earned? I mean is that the attitude he wanted projected about his team? someone with a bit of a track record that has a few flaws without getting to know the young man and if he was worthy of being in that photo? ... Not bashing just asking the hard line questions...

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1420185" timestamp="1374261782"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112954.msg1420179#msg1420179 date=1374259902]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=112954.msg1420176#msg1420176 date=1374259120]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ok so my question is ... when was the photo taken? was it taken before, or after Jefferies arrived? Did his past incidents keep the coach from putting that type of attitude as the mainstay RB until it was earned? I mean is that the attitude he wanted projected about his team? someone with a bit of a track record that has a few flaws without getting to know the young man and if he was worthy of being in that photo? ... Not bashing just asking the hard line questions...
[/quote]

Good points ...dunno about the photo dates ...would imagine they couldn't have been that long ago.

I'm worried that the SC coaches are basically saying that Braden will be the featured back on SC's offense.  I'm really hoping he's improved quite a bit over last season.  IMO Braden was more effective in the slot than at RB.  I can't see how you justify starting a guy that rushed for 400+ yards over a guy that rushed for almost 900 yards.  Also consider that Jeffreys had 108 attempts and Braden had 82 ...so there's not a huge disparity in carriers either.  I'm just sayin'.

To your point, attitude is everything and you don't want to reward a guy that hasn't earned it. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder